Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

Best Style To Prepare Pounded Yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Best Style To Prepare Pounded Yam (2002 Views)

Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Style To Prepare Pounded Yam by bukky2: 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hello fellow naira

How are you all doing? pls dnt mind me ask this question. I is jamaican heritage and i like to know how to cook pounded yam step by step. Well ive tried to teach myself which i had boiled the yam, crush it and use my hands to put it together and compress it. But its not sticking together and africa pounded yam more softer like creamish. and model preserve poundo yam powder make the cooking easy and it save energe just boiled water and use your turn stick(orogun in youruba language) turn it untill is strickly smooth and that all
your friend bukky Alabi 08123637992 orm 07066162416
Re: Best Style To Prepare Pounded Yam by SisiKill1: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
Put water on fire, let it boil.
Open the packet of flour
Pour into boiling water, stir . . .and Viola POUNDED YAM!!!
Re: Best Style To Prepare Pounded Yam by maedan(f): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2010
Of course, even the flour version requires a lot of skill and effort. The process depends mainly on your stirring and turning abilities tongue. That orogun should be used with maximum energy for a long time over the fire to get best results. Some sprinkle cold drops of water while turning to get the smooth, "drawing" effect.

(1) (Reply)

Chickpea Curry- Recipe / The Huge Fish I Bought Today... / What Is The Best Time To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.