Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia (636 Views)

Ruga: DSS Invites Uwazurike Over His Explosive Video / PPA Candiate, Goddy Ezeemo Arrives Polling Unit But No INEC Officials (Pics) / Why Military Is Losing Captured Territories, By Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by akelicious(m): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Goddy Uwazurike, the former President of Igbo Think-Tank group, Aka Ikenga, has said that the reason behind the recent military invasion of Abia state in the guise of Operation Python Dance is to destabilize the state and cause the declaration of a state of emergency.

He made this known on Thursday when he appeared as a guest on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme.

He said: “Despite a meeting between the two parties over the issue, the army had already made up its mind to stay, the governor’s announcement cannot alter the army’s decision.
“There is no miscommunication (between the military authorities and the state governor). Operation Python Dance or Egwu Eke as they want to put it is a very clever ploy by some people to destabilise Abia state, for just one purpose – to declare a State of Emergency.
“Remove the governor for a time, put a military man there and before they know it, the military man as governor will simply go and crush the young people. So there is no miscommunication.
“The governor maybe misfiling what is going on, they had an agreement but those people who brought those soldiers know what they are doing.”

“I am only speculating; how can I have a proof? Am I part of the military? I’m not heating up the issues. The governor made the broadcast because he believed they had an agreement. They had something they discussed and they would stick to it.”
Uwazurike’s comment comes barely 24 hours after Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state announced the gradual withdrawal of soldiers on the streets of Abia, following calls by eminent Nigerians that the troops be recalled back to the barracks.
The military, on the contrary, denied such claim, stressing that the initial Operation Python Dance would commence while charging all commanders involved to ensure it is carried out to its logical conclusion.
more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/09/breakinggoddy-uwazurike-reveals-why.html

Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by deepwater(f): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
They will come for u.
Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by yakbauer: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me a Reason to Say This: Thank You, President Buhari
BY AKINTUNDE ADEYEMO—Monday, September 11, 2017 (11: 26a.m).
You can't send police officers to quench a quasi-military camp, which is maintained by Nnamdi Kanu, who has aggressively vowed to tear apart a sovereign nation, Nigeria.
Kanu made a serious mistake by parading a ragtag army; especially when you have a former General as the president, that was disrespectful.
I lived in Nigeria for more than two (2) decades, Nigerian soldiers don't like to be disrespected; in fact, from working with soldiers in the United States (Michigan National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters), I can tell you that, generally, soldiers don't like to be disrespected.
If someone, a civilian for that matter, maintains and parades militants (wearing a military uniform), he should not expect the government to roll in with police officers and patrol vans; he should reasonably expect army tanks.
Pursuant to the 1949 Geneva Conventions Article 3, your status changes once you start wearing an army uniform, for you become an enemy combatant: A recognized army (the Nigerian Army, in this case) can use force to neutralize you and your fellow militants.
Let’s gaze into history here: When the 1791 "Whiskey Rebellion" happened in the United States, spearheaded by some civilians, President George Washington did not send in police officers, he brought in military tanks to quench the rebellion.
In the United States, when violence escalates, a governor, pursuant to Title 32 of the United States Code, can summon the army and their tanks to the street (didn’t you watch CNN at the height of the “Black Lives Matter movement;” didn’t you see numerous armoured personnel carrier (APC) on the street)?
Let's stop pretentiously invoking the violation of the rule of law, especially if you don't understand the rule of law and the rule of engagement.
A military incursion, or rolling of tanks, into a street, in order to clear the illusion of outlaws, like Nnamdi and his cohorts, is not a violation of the rule of law, but an enforcement of the rule of law.
If Kanu is scared of a small deployment of soldiers, will he chicken out when battalions are deployed? To his supporters, we told you this: secession is not won on Facebook. Continue arguing about the violation of the rule. Listen, when hostility begins, the rule of law is suspended or amended. I hope we won't get there. Start listening.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by shekauvsbuhari: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
This invasion of Abia state is uncalled for. Buhari is just thirsty for blood. U filed for revocation of bail n u cnt wait for it. The governors were mediating n u cnt wait for it. No breach of peace in abia, nothing warranting sending soldiers. Why deploy soldiers to cause violence in a peaceful environment?

1 Like

Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by ottohan: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
the military invaded Abia state because they acted based on an Intel they got...
Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Yup saw this old man on Channels. There was fear and confusion in his voice

My heart bleed for Ibo youths, if these are your leaders. You clearly do not have any.
Re: Breaking:goddy Uwazurike Reveals Why Military Invaded Abia by AbuEzeFemi(m): 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
deepwater:
They will come for u.
and arrest this men

(1) (Reply)

If You Think Ipob Lost In Its Quest Read This / ‘2019 Election Will Not Hold’ – Apostle Suleman Says In Fresh Prophecies / Senate Upholds IPOB Ban, Reshuffles Leadership Of Committees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.