Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (18454 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Jumia Or Aliexpress? / Aliexpress Or Jumia Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by nenergy(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
ryfoz:

I sight you here again, so na here you dey spend your time abi? No worry, I dey wait for u at u-know-where
You eh grin
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BrainArk(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Jumia still offer the best online retail in Nigeria. I am not a Jumia agent but, I have ordered from Jumia so many times and they don't fail. To the person saying it took them 60days to deliver a particular package someone ask you to give him the package number to verify but you nor gree. Please stop spoiling the image of others to promote yours.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by cjeriia: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
sdavirus:

I like you, because you rushed to comment, without looking at the screenshot, where time frame was given. Besides, if you read my post, you would understand what my issue with them is. Try to read to understand, rather than to argue. Thanks
Lol...!!!! i did look @ d time frame but deduced the correct thing unlike you. 7days delivery timeline given simply means d time span it will take them to deliver to you after it must have gotten to the Jumia station in Nigeria. Bros as long as na Global shipment, it takes between 10 to 22days to get to you

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by newslifeop: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hello...if you are buying from jumia.

Avoid jumia global and buy from merchants.what jumia does according to what I heard
they were trying to kill merchants business ripping them off using the global thing.they use the juicy slashed price to lure buyers pushing there, merchants items backward and pushing the jumia global items in front page.merchants who have same item in stock and can next deliver next day are now left in thr dark
..jumia now use the buyer money to purchase the item from abroad , you wait for months. 1 -3months before you get such item . That is what they call eccommerce. I pity the merchants. Be wise. Be smart. Eccomerce platform need competitors..amazon ebay and others don't work this way.create a platform that works for all .not a platform that works for only you. Konga seems to be better off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BrainArk(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
newslifeop:
Hello...if you are buying from jumia.

Avoid jumia global and buy from merchants.what jumia does according to what I heard
they were trying to kill merchants business ripping them off using the global thing.they use the juicy slashed price to lure buyers pushing there, merchants items backward and pushing the jumia global items in front page.merchants who have same item in stock and can next deliver next day are now left in thr dark
..jumia now use the buyer money to purchase the item from abroad , you wait for months. 1 -3months before you get such item . That is what they call eccommerce. I pity the merchants. Be wise. Be smart. Eccomerce platform need competitors..amazon ebay and others don't work this way.create a platform that works for all .not a platform that works for only you. Konga seems to be better off.
You said they are trying to kill Merchant which is not correct, this is business you buy and sell to make profit not loss. Jumia don't manufacture any of those products they only buy and sell same thing applies to the Merchant you are talking about. What you don't know is that those merchants are just ripping you of your money for a product that could have been sold at a lower price and still enough make profit, but no the merchant sell at double the price they bought the product, and Jumia offer the same product at a lower price still making enough profit to keep their business moving. Talking about competition, I think you should thank Jumia cause they are creating the competition for the merchant.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by jesse8048(m): 5:57am On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
To avoid stories that touch when ordering anything from Jumia use a Jumia agent.
Contact me on 08108169276 for your orders on jumia.
Get free shipping on Phones and other items above 10k when ordering through an agent.
Contact me for your orders now.

How do I use u to order for a phone like oukitel coming from China?

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by directonpc(m): 6:49am On Sep 18, 2017
Jumia global is actually a less stressful way to shop from China, I expect jumia to hike the prices but they still sell at the same very affordable prices as China.

You can Checkout jumia global Now its so irresponsible.

You just need to be patient as international delivery can take up to a month sometimes. Even on AliExpress.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2017
jesse8048:

How do I use u to order for a phone like oukitel coming from China?
Send me a WhatsApp message on 08108169276.
The sweetest thing about ordering from an agent is that we take care of all issues at no cost at all.

WhatsApp 08108169276

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
To avoid stories that touch when ordering anything from Jumia use a Jumia agent.
Contact me on 08108169276 for your orders on jumia.
Get free shipping on Phones and other items above 10k when ordering through an agent.
Contact me for your orders now.

Thus increasing the cost, you mean ?
If their service is good, why the need for an agent, a third party ?

Matter of fact, your suggestion proved the fact that Jumia service has been found wanting by many customers, doesn't it ?
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Thus increasing the cost, you mean ?
If their service is good, why the need for an agent, a third party ?

Matter of fact, your suggestion proved the fact that Jumia service has been found wanting by many customers, doesn't it ?
No, there is no increase in cost, only agents have access to discount on shipping fee and free shipping too.

The main reason Jumia have agents is because they have direct access to Jumia.
We are a team that makes things easier for customers.
No hidden charges, no extra charges at all.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Donsammi(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2017
its takes 11 -20 business days(Mon -Fri) to get the item into Nigeria..
and when its in Nigeria they gon deliver it within 7 days....

seems your new into this things..

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by jesse8048(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
Send me a WhatsApp message on 08108169276.
The sweetest thing about ordering from an agent is that we take care of all issues at no cost at all.

WhatsApp 08108169276

The payment part is d issue, since those products are to b paid for immediately and not POD
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2017
jesse8048:

The payment part is d issue, since those products are to b paid for immediately and not POD
Yh, it might be or might not be an issue depending on the customer.
The major issue here is trust, which I believe can be established when relating with the customer.
You have to pay here in Nigeria, let's talk on WhatsApp 08108169276.
There are many options you can go through.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by jesse8048(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
Yh, it might be or might not be an issue depending on the customer.
The major issue here is trust, which I believe can be established when relating with the customer.
You have to pay here in Nigeria, let's talk on WhatsApp 08108169276.
There are many options you can go through.

Once I'm ready, I'll contact you but that's month end/ first week of October
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2017
jesse8048:

Once I'm ready, I'll contact you but that's month end/ first week of October
No problem.
You can save my number.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by gabe: 10:22am On Sep 18, 2017
Different strokes sha. Ordered a homtom ht50 for wifey from jumia global on 2/9, got it 14/9. I was pleasantly surprised, cos it said 10-20 working days and i added the Naija factor so i was actually expecting it end of the month. 12 days + weekends, jumia try for me.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by newslifeop: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2017
BrainArk:

You said they are trying to kill Merchant which is not correct, this is business you buy and sell to make profit not loss. Jumia don't manufacture any of those products they only buy and sell same thing applies to the Merchant you are talking about. What you don't know is that those merchants are just ripping you of your money for a product that could have been sold at a lower price and still enough make profit, but no the merchant sell at double the price they bought the product, and Jumia offer the same product at a lower price still making enough profit to keep their business moving. Talking about competition, I think you should thank Jumia cause they are creating the competition for the merchant.

I don't.blame.you coz urr under jumia payroll
.its easy to spot a staff defending his company
.you lied about everything.

I have given.buyers best advice to receive there items faster or just shop in physical shop

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2017
newslifeop:

I have given.buyers best advice to receive there items faster or just shop in physical shop
You both are wrong, Jumia Merchants add the Transport fare to Jumia station whenever there is an order for their goods.
Some come from very far places, so the difference in price among merchants.
No merchant would willingly send customers away.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BrainArk(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2017
newslifeop:

Stop being so ridiculous I have said it before I am not in any way connected to Jumia, but I am just realist who gave my point based on my experience.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BrainArk(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
You both are wrong, Jumia Merchants add the Transport fare to Jumia station whenever there is an order for their goods.
Some come from very far places, so the difference in price among merchants.
No merchant would willingly send customers away.

he is talking about local merchant not those that sells on Jumia.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2017
BrainArk:
he is talking about local merchant not those that sells on Jumia.
OK. Now I get
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by NLOwner(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
gabe:
Different strokes sha. Ordered a homtom ht50 for wifey from jumia global on 2/9, got it 14/9. I was pleasantly surprised, cos it said 10-20 working days and i added the Naija factor so i was actually expecting it end of the month. 12 days + weekends, jumia try for me.

Can you review the phone for me? The pros and cons and if it's a good buy.

Is there any deal breaker?
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by gabe: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
NLOwner:

Can you review the phone for me? The pros and cons and if it's a good buy.

Is there any deal breaker?
camera is disappointing. Battery is ok, like 10 hours heavy usage. Its fast though, cos of the 3gb ram. Its got 32gb rom, so thats more space to save stuff. Haven't checked out its 4G networks though. Its a hybrid sim thing, with either sim2 or memory card. Its an ok phone for the price i guess.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Raintaker:
No, there is no increase in cost, only agents have access to discount on shipping fee and free shipping too.

The main reason Jumia have agents is because they have direct access to Jumia.
We are a team that makes things easier for customers.
No hidden charges, no extra charges at all.

Okay. Noted.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by NLOwner(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
gabe:
camera is disappointing. Battery is ok, like 10 hours heavy usage. Its fast though, cos of the 3gb ram. Its got 32gb rom, so thats more space to save stuff. Haven't checked out its 4G networks though. Its a hybrid sim thing, with either sim2 or memory card. Its an ok phone for the price i guess.

How's the performance? Multitasking, gaming, responsiveness, fingerprint speed and quality, sound quality etc..

How's the screen like? With its low resolution, is the display pixelated? How's the colour reproduction like and how responsive is the screen?

I'm more concerned about the selfie cam, how's it like?

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by gabe: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
NLOwner:

How's the performance? Multitasking, gaming, responsiveness, fingerprint speed and quality, sound quality etc..

How's the screen like? With its low resolution, is the display pixelated? How's the colour reproduction like and how responsive is the screen?

I'm more concerned about the selfie cam, how's it like?
cam is ok, nothing spectacular though. it's a nice phone for its price. haven't tried heavy games on it yet, just subway surfers, but so far it's doing a good job. browsing is fast and it doesn't hang. display is ok. sound is ok. again, nothing spectacular.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by NLOwner(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2017
gabe:
cam is ok, nothing spectacular though. it's a nice phone for its price. haven't tried heavy games on it yet, just subway surfers, but so far it's doing a good job. browsing is fast and it doesn't hang. display is ok. sound is ok. again, nothing spectacular.

Sorry if I'm disturbing but this phone is in my shopping bucket along with other phones and it's difficult making a choice..
Battery nko? How many hours of heavy use and average use?
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
Update:
Spoke with them on phone, and I am told it left Lagos for Port Harcourt, 3 days ago, and it hasn't gotten to the warehouse here. I'm just wondering if Lagos has shifted to where Pretoria is or it's Lagos, Portugal.

On the 26th, it will be a month. Hopefully, package will be received this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by gabe: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
NLOwner:

Sorry if I'm disturbing but this phone is in my shopping bucket along with other phones and it's difficult making a choice..
Battery nko? How many hours of heavy use and average use?
heavy usage, say 8-10 hrs, 100-0
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by NLOwner(m): 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
gabe:
heavy usage, say 8-10 hrs, 100-0

Thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by EngrBello(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
One of your delivery agent named AYODEJI just delivered my item now 366457682-8803.. but to my surprise, the watch is not working at all...it doesn't 'ON' or display...u charged it for over 10minutes in his presence but it doesn't work/show/display.....You've brought me a fake item!
I try returning it to him but he didn't take it from me, he Said I should contact customer care....and have been calling customer care since! They are not picking my calls....I regret patronising jumia...
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
EngrBello:
One of your delivery agent named AYODEJI just delivered my item now 366457682-8803.. but to my surprise, the watch is not working at all...it doesn't 'ON' or display...u charged it for over 10minutes in his presence but it doesn't work/show/display.....You've brought me a fake item!
I try returning it to him but he didn't take it from me, he Said I should contact customer care....and have been calling customer care since! They are not picking my calls....I regret patronising jumia...
Sorry sir, did u order through an agent?
If you ordered through an agent call your agent, he'll be able to return the defective item.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Smartphone / Oppo A12: Specifications and Features / Thl, Zopo, Jiayu, Oppo, and UMI Phones Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.