Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Jumia Or Aliexpress? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Or Aliexpress? (3354 Views)

Ali Express, Jumia Or Slot / Where Are Phones Cheaper? Jumia Or Regular Markets / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Somerville: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
Jumia or Aliexpress, which is cheaper to shop?
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Kings1930(m): 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
Aliexpress

1 Like

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by hisgrace090: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
Aliexpress all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by shedy03(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
Somerville:
Aliexpress is cheaper, but the waiting after placing order is what I don't enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by geesunge(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
Aliexpress is preferable. Imagine I ordered a perfume of #1400 on Jumia only for them to charge me #1700 for shipping. Rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by uboma(m): 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
AliExpress

1 Like

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Somerville: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
shedy03:

Aliexpress is cheaper, but the waiting after placing order is what I don't enjoy.

Hmm

I tried ordering for something today on Aliexpress, but the dollar equivalent ($1=N360) is almost the same with the price on jumia, excluding other shipping costs.
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Somerville: 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
geesunge:
Aliexpress is preferable. Imagine I ordered a perfume of #1400 on Jumia only for they to charge me #1700 for shipping. Rubbish!

Lol
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by shedy03(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
Somerville:

Hmm

I tried ordering for something today on Aliexpress, but the dollar equivalent ($1=N360) is almost the same with the price on jumia, excluding other shipping costs.
In that case, better order on jumia.
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by kekilika: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
Jumia all the way
1. The fear of custom charges at Nipost is the beginning of wisdom... If you know, you know. If you use Jumia, nothing concern you with custom. Also, custom fee charge is N600 on Jumia.

2. You will get your items delivered to your doorstep. You will say DHL... Is it affordable then.

I could be wrong with my assertions

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Clemercy2: 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
Jumia all the way
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by henry007(m): 2:46am On Aug 08, 2018
kekilika:
Jumia all the way
1. The fear of custom charges at Nipost is the beginning of wisdom... If you know, you know. If you use Jumia, nothing concern you with custom. Also, custom fee charge is N600 on Jumia.

2. You will get your items delivered to your doorstep. You will say DHL... Is it affordable then.

If you know you know
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by ZAGMAN: 3:29am On Aug 08, 2018
Alixprss wahala too much
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by pussyeater(m): 3:44am On Aug 08, 2018
Amazon all the way

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by generationz(f): 4:44am On Aug 08, 2018
kekilika:
Jumia all the way

seriously customs charges ? dhl ?

what planet have you been on( no offense please )

there are logistics companies on nairaland owned by Nigerians that help with shipping at a very affordable rate.

just type 'buy from Aliexpress nairaland' on google you'll see their names

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Lexusgs430: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2018
generationz:

there are logistics companies on nairaland owned by Nigerians that help with shipping at a very affordable rate.

How do you resolve the BIG ISSUE? Trust issues? Hence Jumia wins that battle........
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by generationz(f): 6:02am On Aug 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

How do you resolve the BIG ISSUE? Trust issues? Hence Jumia wins that battle........

you mean you have trust issues with those guys ,hmm I never knew

I know someone shippers who seem trust worthy ,at least they have many customers here. eg laredojohn ,mikky angel etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by toideve(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2018
I've ordered more than twenty times on aliexpress and the rest of them, only paid 500 naira at the post office and even the money is negotiable. Aliexpress all the way!

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by MrBONE2(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2018
geesunge:
Aliexpress is preferable. Imagine I ordered a perfume of #1400 on Jumia only for they to charge me #1700 for shipping. Rubbish!
I was told
That such Shipping Charge covers Road Safety tax,police tax,immigration tax,inter-State Custom tax,Area Boys tax, etc ... grin
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by R3B3L(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

lol.. what trust issues..?? Obviously u r a newbie. AliExpress would refund ur full payment if item isn't delivered. If delivered sometimes and later Dan expected dey would refund after a dispute was opened earlier.. Jumia is too pricey with lesser options to select from. AliExpress has same item in different stores dat cost less..

1 Like

Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2018
generationz:

you mean you have trust issues with those guys ,hmm I never knew

I know someone shippers who seem trust worthy ,at least they have many customers here. eg laredojohn ,mikky angel etc

Not me but others......
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by geesunge(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2018
kekilika:
Jumia all the way
That's only for Lagos resident
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2018
R3B3L:
lol.. what trust issues..?? Obviously u r a newbie. AliExpress would refund ur full payment if item isn't delivered. If delivered sometimes and later Dan expected dey would refund after a dispute was opened earlier..

I have been mail ordering for over 20 years.... If that makes me a newbie, I grab that accolade......
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by geesunge(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2018
MrBONE2:
I was told
That such Shipping Charge covers Road Safety tax,police tax,immigration tax,inter-State Custom tax,Area Boys tax, etc ... grin
grin grin grin grin
Only Lagos and PH resident enjoy Jumia low shipping fee
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by R3B3L(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I have been mail ordering for over 20 years.... If that makes me a newbie, I grab that accolade......
ah ah. Bro ambassador.
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by ddjay: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2018
Somerville:
oga,what if u use aliexpress or even amazon and co then ship through any trusted shipper on nairaland technology market?.... to me uts better than jumia or her sister konga
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by kekilika: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2018
generationz:

We learn and also unlearn everyday.

I gave my reasons for Jumia (Custom charge palaver and affordable home delivery). You never countered my points with benefits of your own choices.

Only another person explicitly said you get to see more vendors on AliExpress with lesser price.

For novice like us, when you disprove our points, give us the benefits of your own choice.

Hope I made sense...
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by uboma(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2018
pussyeater:
Amazon all the way

Stay on the topic.
No need to deviate from the topic under discussion.
Re: Jumia Or Aliexpress? by kekilika: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2018
R3B3L:
lol.. what trust issues..?? Obviously u r a newbie. AliExpress would refund ur full payment if item isn't delivered. If delivered sometimes and later Dan expected dey would refund after a dispute was opened earlier.. Jumia is too pricey with lesser options to select from. AliExpress has same item in different stores dat cost less..
To the best of my knowledge, When it comes to statutory laws of the land on your item, and you fail to oblige, AliExpress will not refund you. My emphasis is on custom charge. I am not saying, don't pay as a good citizen of Nigeria, but following recent trends in Nipost writing arbitrary custom charge that is equivalent or more than half the cost price of the phone, I will say Jumia is best option for now, at least you are seeing the custom charge N600. Not the one, your item will land Nipost and one dude will slap a receipt and want to rip you off. For DHL, they are known to submit parcel to custom for check. Thats their policy, no corner corner. Except, you are bringing it to our knowledge that the trusted shippers here know how to deal with custom favourably or bypass the hassle. Fine

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wondering Why Your Phones Get Hot?? Here Are The Reasons. / Xiaomi Vs Ulefone, Which Should I Buy? / Free 10gb To Any Network Using SKYVPN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.