Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group (3504 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Asari D. Declares "Biafra Only Solution" | Almajiri: Dango / Asari Dokubo Declares Biafra ”only Solution” In New Viral VIDEO / Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
CHANNELStv2020:
NICE ONE THE WORLD KNOWS THE TRUTH

and then??.....what do you await the world blabla to do after you provoked and threatened other tribes..
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
letusbepieces:

Look mate, u will one day have kids if u dont.

Just know that evil has a way of visitation upon those that condone it.

There is power in the tongue.

you should have said that to cownunu than applausing the morooon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by letusbepieces: 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
There plan was to attack ABIA kill people, hoping IPOB will respond violently and then they label dem Terrorist.

Una plan no work, una done buy igbese.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by lordkush: 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The world stand against terrorism
grin apda chieftain

3 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by Rossikki: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2017
Say no to terrorism.
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by letusbepieces: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
Many of dem are unaware that Human Rights abuses/violations are grounds for self-determination.

Nigeria can no longer guarantee the safety of our lives and property.

This is y u now see the North professing love for Igbos and assuring dem they are safe.

It wont work, Buhari moved tank, military into the peaceful SE to torture and murder unarmed civilians and dat was caught on tape.

They invaded Kanu house and murdered 22 people including their family dog.

They caused fear and pannick.

Igbos are not represented in various level of government such as the military that have been Northernize.

We have people from Niger Republic serving in Nigeria Army. Even as far as Mali and Guinea.

Nigeria is wrong on so many levels and people have had enough.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by slivertongue: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
the easiest task these days is for weak and crude leaders to declare citizens agitation and protest as treason and terrorism in the thinking that it wil deter them instead of adressing the root cause of these agitations

6 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by Great2017: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
Very good news indeed.

Even if Fox News got it wrong.

The world should call this group what they are, which is a terror group. People should look up the definition of a terror group before defending IPOB, and the same people go online and check out the Video's of these IPOB members going from one bus to another, looking for Northerners to kill, while armed with crude weapons.

And then come to tell me they belong to a choir group, and not a terror cell.

Now to the writer above me and Fox News. The IPOB is not a Separatist movement. It is a Terrorist group that was was using fear, and violence to strike fear into those not in support of their agenda's. They visited violence to not just none Easterners, but also Easterners that did not share their sense of creating an organization destined to lead millions of Igbo's to their deaths.

My university room mate, who is a successful lawyer in Port-Harcourt, and an Abian native, is getting threats of death, from some of his town folks whom he told in a town hall meeting that they should not embrace Biafranism.

Catalan independence movement is a Separatist movement, that started as a political movement in 1922 in Spain. And it is still in existence today,fighting for the independence of Catalonia from Spain.

Catalan independence movement leaders did not call Spain a Zoo, neither did they call the people from Catalonia pigs. And they definitely did not boast that they will burn down Spain if they don't get their independence(remember this group has been existing since 1922)

Scotland is also another Country in the United Kingdom that wants her independence. But do you see them going from one bus to another searching for people from England to kill? common sense should prevail in this matter.

Violence gets nobody anywhere.

Now to a writer below, that asked if i am more informed than Fox News that called IPOB a Separatist movement. And my answer is YES, i am moreinformed than them. Fox News is owned by Keith Rupert Murdoch, An Australian-American and the Fox News is in the United States. While me, i am a Nigerian, that is very much aware of what is happening in my homeland.

Just like i cannot be British than the Queen, and cannot be more Catholic than the Pope. No Australian can be more Nigerian than me.

Fox News did not get it wrong but you did.

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidateor coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives". This is self explanatory.

The illustration you gave is not sufficient to justify the above definition. In addition to this, how can one independently verify the validity of this single account by you?

My igbo friend and his wife do not share in igbo secession and they have never been attacked or threatened whenever they make their opinion known. They both live in Oyigbo.

I am not defending whether Igbos should secede or not but I think we should put emotions aside when dissecting national issues. The information you provided is not sufficient to label IPOB as a terrorist group. The same applies to your notion that Fox News report is wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by GreyLaw(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The world stand against terrorism

You are beginning to sound like sarrki. Or, sarrki is that you?

2 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by GreyLaw(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
Great2017:

Fox News did not get it wrong but you did.

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidateor coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives". This is self explanatory.

The illustration you gave is not sufficient to justify the above definition. In addition to this, how can one independently verify the validity of this single account by you?

My igbo friend and his wife do not share in igbo secession and they have never been attacked or threatened whenever they make their opinion known. They both live in Oyigbo.

I am not defending whether Igbos should secede or not but I think we should put emotions aside when dissecting national issues. The information you provided is not sufficient to label IPOB as a terrorist group. The same applies to your notion that Fox News report is wrong.

A lot of Nigerians actually prefer the murderous herdsmen and boko haram to anything SE.

Shows you the kind of acidic country Nigeria is. To them, so long as the Igbos are spited, beautiful, even though it comes at the expense of human lives.

However, it may or may not be in this generation, but injustice is usually corrected in the long run.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by omenka(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
Very good news indeed.

The world should call this group what they are, which is a terror group. People should look up the definition of a terror group before defending IPOB, and the same people go online and check out the Video's of these IPOB members going from one bus to another, looking for Northerners to kill, while armed with crude weapons.

Now to the writer above me and Fox News. The IPOB is not a Separatist movement. It is a Terrorist group that was was using fear, and violence to strike fear into those not in support of their agenda's. They visited violence to not just none Easterners, but also Easterners that did not share their sense of creating an organization destined to lead millions of Igbo's to their deaths.

My university room mate, who is a successful lawyer in Port-Harcourt, and an Abian native, is getting threats of death, from some of his town folks whom he told in a town hall meeting that they should not embrace Biafranism.

Catalan independence movement is a Separatist movement, that started as a political movement in 1922 in Spain. And it is still in existence today,fighting for the independence of Catalonia from Spain.

Catalan independence movement leaders did not call Spain a Zoo, neither did they call the people from Catalonia pigs. And they definitely did not boast that they will burn down Spain if they don't get their independence(remember this group has been existing since 1922)

Scotland is also another Country in the United Kingdom that wants her independence. But do you see them going from one bus to another searching for people from England to kill? common sense should prevail in this matter.

Now to a writer below, that asked if i am more informed than Fox News that called IPOB a Separatist movement. And my answer is YES, i am moreinformed than them. Fox News is owned by Keith Rupert Murdoch, An Australian-American and the Fox News is in the United States. While me, i am a Nigerian, that is very much aware of what is happening in my homeland.

Just like i cannot be British than the Queen, and cannot be more Catholic than the Pope. No Australian can be more Nigerian than me.
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by Biafrannuke: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
letusbepieces:
There plan was to attack ABIA kill people, hoping IPOB will respond violently and then they label dem Terrorist.

Una plan no work, una done buy igbese.
thats the exact plan- provoke Igbos by secretly killing and torturing innocent people, make Igbos to reply by attacking other northerners and pay press to exaggerate it. if Igbos dont reply, pay the media to fabricate stories of attack on northerners in order to water grounds for kanus assasination and massacre of innocent people in shite saga manner. this was to be followed by the declaration of IPOB as a 'terrorist' organization. All those videos of people purported to be Igbo youths carrying guns on check point and report of incidence in Asaba, Enugu and portharcourt were either sponsored or outrightly fabricated by the govt. They have failed b'cos the torture videos, the 1st and 2nd invasion of Kanu's residence and other killings had gone viral pre-empting the effects of their propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by pazienza(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
Cinkq:
IPOB CAN NO LONGER BE REFERED TO AS A SEPARATIST GROUP FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

(1) Formation of bss, to serve what purpose?
(2)Boasting to stop elections in Nigeria,which translate to an attempt to create parralel government

(3) Always daring and confronting the Nigeria armed forces even when the armed forces are minding their business.

(4)Always making ungided and inciting statements like we'll burn down Nigeria to harshes. Kanu told his supporters to burn Nigeria if arrested.
(5)Violent acts , i.e searching inside vehicles inorder to kill a particular group in the country. Etc

No separatist group behaves the way ipob has been coducting itself in this country.
No soveregn coutry in the world can condone what ipob is doing in Nigeria,and that is why the Nigeria govt woke up to curtail ipob excesses by labeling it a terror group.

BSS, is an unarmed group. They don't wear military uniforms and they don't carry guns.
Their purpose is to gather information on the activities of enemies of Ndiigbo, and to protect Kanu, you can call them bodyguards. Is there a crime in that?

Yes! IPOB was advising people to boycott elections in Igboland, they never used force to make people not to come out to vote, neither did they threaten any one to stay indoors. Election boycott is no crime, so long as IPOB won't use force to keep people from voting.

How so? Did they shoot at the soldiers? Did they match to Barracks to disturb the soldiers?

Yes! Kanu promised to burn down Nigeria with truth. Is that a crime?

No evidence that the boys in the video were IPOB, and no act of violence was seen on the video.

Next!

5 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by GoldenChiddy: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&feature=youtu.be
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by gidgiddy: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
HungerBAD:
Very good news indeed.

Two questions. The people you saw looking for Notherners on buses, how do you know they are IPOB members? Secondly, how did you reach the conclusion that they were looking for Northerners to kill? They could be looking for Northerners to rob, harass or beat up. Why did you arrive at the conclusion that it was to kill them?

Can you give us an example of how IPOB used violence and fear to intimidate people? Or are you just repeating the Lagos/Ibadan 'pure water' media propaganda?

If he hasnt gone to the Police to report the thats balderdash

IPOB and Catalonia want same thing, referendum.

So what is paining you people is the derogatory language IPOB uses? Sue them

Yoy have no point to make

1 Like

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by SakuraSimiola: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2018
Igbo youths in Britain discuss Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZWXvT7Xd4
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by gartamanta: 12:36am On Feb 08, 2018
So four months on and hundreds of people slaughtered by Herdsmen in Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa.

So who still thinks that IPOB that never killed anyone is a terrorist group?

Herdsmen are going to tutor Nigerians about the true meaning of terrorism. By the time herdsmen are done with Nigerians, the next time Nigerians see IPOB or Kanu, Nigerians will hail Kanu as a true freedom fighter.

2 Likes

Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by EternalTruths: 3:35am On Feb 08, 2018
gartamanta:
So four months on and hundreds of people slaughtered by Herdsmen in Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa.

Herdsmen are going to tutor Nigerians about the true meaning of terrorism. By the time herdsmen are done with Nigerians, the next time Nigerians see IPOB or Kanu, Nigerians will hail Kanu as a true freedom fighter.

It can be God's way of vindicating Kanu / IPOB against Nigerians.
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by Yyeske(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2018
gartamanta:

You wish, IPOB is a proscribed terrorist group as we speak so deal with it.
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by Yyeske(m): 7:33am On Feb 08, 2018
EternalTruths:

It can be God's way of vindicating Kanu / IPOB against Nigerians.
Kanu and IPOB are declared terrorist as we speak and there's nothing you can do about it
Re: Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group by gartamanta: 9:28am On Feb 08, 2018
Yyeske:
You wish, IPOB is a proscribed terrorist group as we speak so deal with it.

And Fulani herdsmen who are not proscribed, how are you dealing with it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Bukola Saraki Lost To Opposition Party In Local Government Election / IPOB: Some Of The Soldiers That Joined Kanu's ESN Are Government Spies / The Man, Ogedengbe, A Great Yoruba Warrior And The Cause Of The Kiriji War!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.