Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team (22422 Views)

Lionel Messi, Ibrahimovic In FIFA 10-man Shortlist For 2019 Puskas Award(Photos) / US Female Football Team Hold Ticker Tape Parade In New York (photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Mozzy59: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2017
[Wat time does d training commence?quote author=Jarus post=60530799]In preparation for the forthcoming #DigiCopa The Professionals League (TPL) to feature users the 4 main social media sites in Nigeria (Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter and Instagram), Team Nairaland began their preparation today at the football field of Military Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.

After a rigorous training exercise that was led by Bqlekan and Kaysallas, the team tested themselves with a friendly match against a Yaba local team called DFC, who were also there to train at the field.

The starting 11 for Team Nairaland

GK: Kaysallas

DF: Stanleyville
DF: Danniscott
LB: Bqlekan
RB: Destiny4me

DM: Arsenal
DM: Lilbazy aka Ibadan

LW: Adeboiz
RW: Skillme

FW: Jarus
FW: Harkymtheoracle

Reserve
Seyijayden

Formation: 4-2-2-2

25 minutes per half.

The Nairaland team, who had expected defeat having never played together before and playing against a team that trained almost everyday and use the field (Home team), initially did not fancy their chances.

The game started with the Nairaland team matching the home team in stamina. The Nairaland team soon got into the game but not before conceding a goal in about the 8th minute due to poor communication between the goal keeper and a defender.

It looked like the Nairaland team would go home with a basketful of goals but the momentum suddenly changed, as the Nairaland team began to dictate the pace of the game.

The left back, bqlekan who was overlapping to the left wing, and the left winger, Skilme, began to trouble the wing backs of the home team as Team Nairaland continued to show class.

The DM pair of Arsenal and Lilbazy were also wading off the attacking invasions of the Yaba boys. A long ball from the home guys was soon intercepted by Nairaland Kante, LilBazy, launched a middle range pass to Jarus and Jarus freed the overlapping right back, Bqlekan, whose pace was unmatched by the left back and central defender of the Yaba team. He slotted the ball past their keeper.

Nairaland 1 , Yaba Boys 1.

The goal bolstered the confidence of the Nairaland team with Arsenal and goal keeper kaysalas the players. The renewed confidence of the Nairaland team caught them unawares with strikers Harkymtheboracle and Jarus combining to test the defenders of the opposing team.

Meanwhile, Kante LilBazy was everywhere helping both attack and defence. The forays of the Yaba strikers were also stopped by defensive duo of Stanley and Daniscott and right full back Destiny4me.

Winger Adeboiz and right full back Bqlekan, who was more attacking minded, proved a handful for the Yaba team from the right side. Bqlekan made another daring attack after cutting the defenders of the Yaba team from right and played a powerful shot that was only over the bar.

The Nairaland team continued to attack.

Then a through ball from the right wing by Bqlekan to striker Harkym was narrowly missed as the Nairaland top striker slipped, but the ball returned to Bqlekan who returned the favour Jarus did him in the first goal, by scrambling the ball to Jarus, who slotted home.

Nairaland team took the lead. 2-1.

The Yaba men became desperate to equalize but the brilliance of defensive midfielders Arsenal and Lilbazy, full backs Arsenal and Bqlekan and defenders Stanleyville and Danniscott ensured they were kept at bay.

The first half ended 2-1 in favour of Nairaland team.

SECOND HALF

The coach of the home team, who was the referee, had talked to his boys to ensure they were not humiliated. The team resumed in second half desperate to turn the tables. The Nairaland men who had become a little relaxed still tried to deny the home team the equaliser.

After about 10 minutes into second half, the Ref gave the home team a questionable penalty. They still lost it.

Nairaland team soon regained their mojo. A long ball launched into the side of the Yaba team was got by Jarus, after charging a defender of the opposing team, but his final ball was off target, in what could have taken the Nairaland team to goal 3.

The game continued, now balanced, but with the Yaba team desperate to avoid home embarrassment.

Soon they got it. The game now 2-2 about 12 minutes to go.

A solo effort by Nairaland midfielder, Arsenal, who had beaten two defenders of the Yaba team was kicked off-target in what was a bright chance for the Nairaland team.

Seyijayden soon came in for defender Stanleyville, and he replaced Kante Lilbazy in DM position, while the Ibadan man returned to center back to partner Danniscot.

Nairaland team soon got reduced to 10 men when star winger Skilme got injured 10 minutes to the end of second half.

Despite the numerical disadvantage, the Nairaland team still held their own for the remaining part of the game. In fact, the best chance to finish off the game with a goal bound ball by left winger bqlekan was erroneously kicked into the net by Jarus, who came from offside position. The referee disallowed the goal.

Final score: Nairaland Team 2 (Bqlekan, Jarus), Yaba FC 2

It was fun in Yaba today.

Next training holds by God's grace next week Saturday.

Competition proper holds in Campos mini stadium in Lagos Island, on September 30.
[/quote]
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by jamislaw(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2017
Nice one how I wish am in Lagos now, I would have lead the support club.
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Mozzy59: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2017
Pls guys what time is d training for next Saturday?n location?
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by jamislaw(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2017
Jarus:
In preparation for the forthcoming #DigiCopa The Professionals League (TPL) to feature users the 4 main social media sites in Nigeria (Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter and Instagram), Team Nairaland began their preparation today at the football field of Military Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.

After a rigorous training exercise that was led by Bqlekan and Kaysallas, the team tested themselves with a friendly match against a Yaba local team called DFC, who were also there to train at the field.

The starting 11 for Team Nairaland

GK: Kaysallas

DF: Stanleyville
DF: Danniscott
LB: Bqlekan
RB: Destiny4me

DM: Arsenal
DM: Lilbazy aka Ibadan

LW: Adeboiz
RW: Skillme

FW: Jarus
FW: Harkymtheoracle

Reserve
Seyijayden

Formation: 4-2-2-2

25 minutes per half.

The Nairaland team, who had expected defeat having never played together before and playing against a team that trained almost everyday and use the field (Home team), initially did not fancy their chances.

The game started with the Nairaland team matching the home team in stamina. The Nairaland team soon got into the game but not before conceding a goal in about the 8th minute due to poor communication between the goal keeper and a defender.

It looked like the Nairaland team would go home with a basketful of goals but the momentum suddenly changed, as the Nairaland team began to dictate the pace of the game.

The left back, bqlekan who was overlapping to the left wing, and the left winger, Skilme, began to trouble the wing backs of the home team as Team Nairaland continued to show class.

The DM pair of Arsenal and Lilbazy were also wading off the attacking invasions of the Yaba boys. A long ball from the home guys was soon intercepted by Nairaland Kante, LilBazy, launched a middle range pass to Jarus and Jarus freed the overlapping right back, Bqlekan, whose pace was unmatched by the left back and central defender of the Yaba team. He slotted the ball past their keeper.

Nairaland 1 , Yaba Boys 1.

The goal bolstered the confidence of the Nairaland team with Arsenal and goal keeper kaysalas the players. The renewed confidence of the Nairaland team caught them unawares with strikers Harkymtheboracle and Jarus combining to test the defenders of the opposing team.

Meanwhile, Kante LilBazy was everywhere helping both attack and defence. The forays of the Yaba strikers were also stopped by defensive duo of Stanley and Daniscott and right full back Destiny4me.

Winger Adeboiz and right full back Bqlekan, who was more attacking minded, proved a handful for the Yaba team from the right side. Bqlekan made another daring attack after cutting the defenders of the Yaba team from right and played a powerful shot that was only over the bar.

The Nairaland team continued to attack.

Then a through ball from the right wing by Bqlekan to striker Harkym was narrowly missed as the Nairaland top striker slipped, but the ball returned to Bqlekan who returned the favour Jarus did him in the first goal, by scrambling the ball to Jarus, who slotted home.

Nairaland team took the lead. 2-1.

The Yaba men became desperate to equalize but the brilliance of defensive midfielders Arsenal and Lilbazy, full backs Arsenal and Bqlekan and defenders Stanleyville and Danniscott ensured they were kept at bay.

The first half ended 2-1 in favour of Nairaland team.

SECOND HALF

The coach of the home team, who was the referee, had talked to his boys to ensure they were not humiliated. The team resumed in second half desperate to turn the tables. The Nairaland men who had become a little relaxed still tried to deny the home team the equaliser.

After about 10 minutes into second half, the Ref gave the home team a questionable penalty. They still lost it.

Nairaland team soon regained their mojo. A long ball launched into the side of the Yaba team was got by Jarus, after charging a defender of the opposing team, but his final ball was off target, in what could have taken the Nairaland team to goal 3.

The game continued, now balanced, but with the Yaba team desperate to avoid home embarrassment.

Soon they got it. The game now 2-2 about 12 minutes to go.

A solo effort by Nairaland midfielder, Arsenal, who had beaten two defenders of the Yaba team was kicked off-target in what was a bright chance for the Nairaland team.

Seyijayden soon came in for defender Stanleyville, and he replaced Kante Lilbazy in DM position, while the Ibadan man returned to center back to partner Danniscot.

Nairaland team soon got reduced to 10 men when star winger Skilme got injured 10 minutes to the end of second half.

Despite the numerical disadvantage, the Nairaland team still held their own for the remaining part of the game. In fact, the best chance to finish off the game with a goal bound ball by left winger bqlekan was erroneously kicked into the net by Jarus, who came from offside position. The referee disallowed the goal.

Final score: Nairaland Team 2 (Bqlekan, Jarus), Yaba FC 2

It was fun in Yaba today.

Next training holds by God's grace next week Saturday.

Competition proper holds in Campos mini stadium in Lagos Island, on September 30.
too much fun in football either you play or watch is all fun.
I use to imagine people that don't partake in both their life must be very boring.

2 Likes

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Mozzy59: 10:54am On Sep 17, 2017
@jarus I wud like to be part of d training for next week..u can reach me with...07061223112
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by MhizzAJ(f): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2017
Disneylady:

I will captain the Nairaland female team.....oya let's go there

where are the female nairalanders? training don start ooo
Oyindidi
MhizzAJ
Evaberry
Optional1
Obiageli

Don't worry cheesy
I ll give u guys morale support
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by reality17(m): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2017
25 minutes per half ke? Even under 10 play 45 minutes. Or is it nairaland's cripple football team?
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Slayer2: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

same here boss cheesy

Oboi I they disappointed in you. You when be Oracle nor fit carry Oracle go there slap yaba boys goal keeper faint then score goal angry

Bet why

2 Likes

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2017
Slayer2:

Oboi I they disappointed in you. You when be Oracle nor fit carry Oracle go there slap yaba boys goal keeper faint then score goal angry

Bet why
recession dey,i no fit waste precious jazz untop yaba Amateur boys.. i go use am when we play against real madrid grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2017
bqlekan:
Great report Jarus. And thanks to everyone that made it to the training yesterday. Everyone did put up a good show of sportmanship and maturity. Until next week, may God spare our lives.

And to the m'fuckers spewing gibberish bou how we look, why not get your obessed self on the pitch and see what hours of rigorous exercise does to the body. I bet you can't even show your face in reality. y'all living fake arse lives. Nairaland billionaires, paupers in reality....
Bros don vex ooo lol
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Slayer2: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

recession dey,i no fit waste precious jazz untop yaba Amateur boys.. i go use am when we play against real madrid grin

Lolz. You too funny grin

1 Like

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by bqlekan(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2017
reality17:
25 minutes per half ke? Even under 10 play 45 minutes. Or is it nairaland's cripple football team?
Lol, we've already concluded training before those guys asked us for a match.

1 Like

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by joshawesome: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2017
did seun played d match
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by bqlekan(m): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Bros don vex ooo lol
brother mi, some guys just dumb naturally ni I swear. Let them come do the talking on the pitch. (If they can even afford a pair of boot)

Long time jare baba.. Shey ki n wa gba nii?

1 Like

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2017
bqlekan:
brother mi, some guys just dumb naturally ni I swear. Let them come do the talking on the pitch. (If they can even afford a pair of boot)

Long time jare baba.. Shey ki n wa gba nii?
You know nairalanders na. They will always be negative yet will never come out to take the seat.

Yes boss, e don tey wey I see you around. I been think say you don waka leave us ni.
Bros Na me suppose ask you o. 1 Sallah and 2 Ileyas don pass and no meet from you

1 Like

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2017
Nice one to those egbons!
My picture of jarus used to be one pot belly man in range grin Baba no wan gree for the boys oooo.. looks really fit!

3 Likes

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by bqlekan(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
You know nairalanders na. They will always be negative yet will never come out to take the seat.

Yes boss, e don tey wey I see you around. I been think say you don waka leave us ni.
Bros Na me suppose ask you o. 1 Sallah and 2 Ileyas don pass and no meet from you

Won o gbadun ni jare...

I just dey guest mode dey observe nii jare.. Ileya wey be say nah the obuko wey we dey rear we kill, the meat come remain 4pcs, naso I carry am for bag dey come lag o, as I reach epe, naso police stop our car, as we no get money to give them, naso me and my friend pack the last meat give them
No vex biko, maybe next ileya

2 Likes

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by reality17(m): 11:42am On Sep 17, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol, we've already concluded training before those guys asked us for a match.

Okay... Done well guys

2 Likes

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by femi4: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2017
temmytopsy1:
Femi4 no dey the team?
na me collect the red card grin

1 Like

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2017
bqlekan:

Won o gbadun ni jare...

I just dey guest mode dey observe nii jare.. Ileya wey be say nah the obuko wey we dey rear we kill, the meat come remain 4pcs, naso I carry am for bag dey come lag o, as I reach epe, naso police stop our car, as we no get money to give them, naso me and my friend pack the last meat give them
No vex biko, maybe next ileya
Hahahahaha awon olopa of life. Won le waku. Lol no wahala she, I dey wait for next one.

I just say make I holla boss as I see you dey vex lol
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by bqlekan(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Hahahahaha awon olopa of life. Won le waku. Lol no wahala she, I dey wait for next one.

I just say make I holla boss as I see you dey vex lol
brother mi, thanks jare.. Respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by femi4: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2017
Jarus:

Someone came from Ibadan o
Why did you play with 10 men? Is there no one on bench for the injured player?
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Jencejyde(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Awesome! How can one join the team? Time and venue of training and captain contact numbers . Been a while I played some tough footie
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by optional1(f): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Disneylady:
I will captain the Nairaland female team.....oya let's go there
where are the female nairalanders? training don start ooo Oyindidi MhizzAJ Evaberry Optional Obiageli

i am ready oh let's go there... My kits are ready oh.. Will be a defender no3 jersey..
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Rotji(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wow, that is the field I used to train when I was in Lagos. Nairaland team for the trophy!
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Disneylady(f): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
optional1:

i am ready oh let's go there... My kits are ready oh.. Will be a defender no3 jersey..
good
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Disneylady(f): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Don't worry cheesy I ll give u guys morale support
Great
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by optional1(f): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Disneylady:
good

where will the training take place, and also what days and time?
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by optional1(f): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
femi4:
Why did you play with 10 men? Is there no one on bench for the injured player?

my love you didn't go for the training why
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by injurybaba(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Please how can one join any team Abeg?? Any team Ikeja?? or nearby??
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by franzis(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Please where is the training session holding
Re: 10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team by Jumbus31(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
bqlekan:
Great report Jarus. And thanks to everyone that made it to the training yesterday. Everyone did put up a good show of sportmanship and maturity. Until next week, may God spare our lives.

And to the m'fuckers spewing gibberish bou how we look, why not get your obessed self on the pitch and see what hours of rigorous exercise does to the body. I bet you can't even show your face in reality. y'all living fake arse lives. Nairaland billionaires, paupers in reality....
Don't mind them, Some people only have money on social media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lampard Records The Worst Point-Per-Game of any Manager Under The Abramovich Era / NBA. . . Represent Your Team / Chelsea FC Owner Roman Abramovich Wins Apology Over Putin Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.