Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Speaking In Tongues: Why Do GO And Members Speak Alike? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: Why Do GO And Members Speak Alike? (355 Views)

Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues: Why Do GO And Members Speak Alike? by ojobolinda: 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
For starters, i believe in the baptism of the holy ghost, and I believe in speaking in tongues. But i have notice of recent that members of a church speaks in d same tongue with that of their pastor. Take my church for example, all the Pastors and members (especially the guys) speaks the same tongue with that of the General Overseer................. I don't knw if they are imitating his tongue or they were actually baptised. Am confuse
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Why Do GO And Members Speak Alike? by eezeribe(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
The reason is because most amateur Christians are obsessed with speaking in tongues and most of them even think it is the only gift of the spirit or the most important or it is the true evidence of being a Christian or born again (ignorance is a disease)...
For any or all of the above reasons,some will go to any length to be able to speak in whatever gibberish they can utter while some would desperately mimic their G.O and won't even mind speaking his native dialect in the name of speaking in tongues...
There are even some pentecostal churches that hold special classes for people to learn how to speak in gibberish (or what they think is 'tongues')...
lalasticlala,Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Educate Your Spirit / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 27/09/2017) Principles, Not Tears / If You Want To Know More On The Supernatural And Growing Spiritually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.