Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,814 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays (10725 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Student Visa To Belgium / Inquire On Visa To Belgium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
queendoreez:

Hi, yes, i submitted my application on 21st December with all necessary documents, flight booking, ID of the inviting person, letter of invitation, residence permit of inviting person, bank statements of inviting person, my own bank statements, copy of my international passport etc.

On 22nd december, i got a mail from VFS that my visa application has been forwarded to the Belgium embassy in Lagos and will be notified when my visa is processed.

Fingers crossed.
Okay cool. I hope you get a good news
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Tobigo12:
Okay cool. I hope you get a good news
Yes, thanks. And how is it with your application?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
queendoreez:

Yes, thanks. And how is it with your application?
I am yet to apply. Considering my options. I want to apply for Spain since Spain is also a schengen country
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
Tobigo12:
I am yet to apply. Considering my options. I want to apply for Spain since Spain is also a schengen country

Okay brother, i wish you goodluck with your application. Happy holidays..
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
queendoreez:

Okay brother, i wish you goodluck with your application. Happy holidays..
Thank you but kindly keep me updated on the Belgium visa.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 12:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Tobigo12:

Okay, i will.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
queendoreez:

Okay, i will.
Thanks
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2017
Tobigo12:

Update on the Belgium visa application.

I have been wanting to do this for about 2weeks now but i am a lazy writer, very lazy... LOL

My travel date was due 21st January, but about few days to that day, i tracked my application online via the VFS and the status has changed from "Application forwarded to the Belgium embassy" to "Application is being processed by visa application center. Contact visa application center for more details". I was happy thinking i was about to be receive some good news, i called VFS, a lady picked and said my application was still with the Abuja embassy. I was surprised.

I sent a mail to the Abuja embassy, they replied and said they forwarded my application to Brussels and that they are waiting for decision of the Home Office in Brussels. Well, i called my friend who is inviting me and told him everything. He called them from over there and they said it takes minimum of 30days ( working and non-working days inclusive ) and maximum of 60days ( in rare cases ) to process a visa. And that we should give them more time.

My Dutch friend who made the booking had to call Lufthansa to reschedule my flight ( he was the one who booked it anyway). Again yesterday, he called them and they at Brussels seeing how serious he is said they will attend to my application this week.

That's the update so far. As we forge ahead, i will make out time to update, but like i said, i am very lazy to write, i prefer talking... LOL
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Bishop(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
skydiver:
Thanking you for calling ALL the Belgians wicked! I am married with a nigerian women I was many times in Nigeria, I never say Nigerians are wicked or bavoons.
We are all human, me, you everybody, how you ever want a peacefull world with that mentality you have?
Last but not least: go back to Nigeria nobody say you MUST stay in Belgium
True word, i have got lots of Nigerian and Belgian friends and i tell you that they are very friendly people.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 10:31am On Feb 20, 2017
queendoreez:

I have been wanting to do this for about 2weeks now but i am a lazy writer, very lazy... LOL

My travel date was due 21st January, but about few days to that day, i tracked my application online via the VFS and the status has changed from "Application forwarded to the Belgium embassy" to "Application is being processed by visa application center. Contact visa application center for more details". I was happy thinking i was about to be receive some good news, i called VFS, a lady picked and said my application was still with the Abuja embassy. I was surprised.

I sent a mail to the Abuja embassy, they replied and said they forwarded my application to Brussels and that they are waiting for decision of the Home Office in Brussels. Well, i called my friend who is inviting me and told him everything. He called them from over there and they said it takes minimum of 30days ( working and non-working days inclusive ) and maximum of 60days ( in rare cases ) to process a visa. And that we should give them more time.

My Dutch friend who made the booking had to call Lufthansa to reschedule my flight ( he was the one who booked it anyway). Again yesterday, he called them and they at Brussels seeing how serious he is said they will attend to my application this week.

That's the update so far. As we forge ahead, i will make out time to update, but like i said, i am very lazy to write, i prefer talking... LOL

Okay. Thank you for the update.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by nwakibie3(m): 12:41am On Feb 21, 2017
queendoreez:

Pls can u write me all the documents u submitted for the visa application on stevenzekwe@hotmail.com
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2017
Tobigo12:
Okay. Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, i was denied after 53days of waiting and calling both the Abuja office and the Home Office in Brussels, despite the fact that my boyfriend is a Dutch citizen.... Details later.

In the meantime, i applied to Germany, since its a schengen state and just this morning, making it 5days after interview, i just got a call from the courier company that i have a package from the German embassy, hopefully, it will be goodnews.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2017
Apparently, the visa decision was taken here by the embassy in Abuja, then forwarded to Home Office in Brussels for approval or something, i don't know.

When i got to the VFS, i was given my package, the only thing they sent back was my passport, my bank statements and a paper written in Dutch stating they had denied me visa because i didn't prove enough that i will be coming back to Nigeria after my trip. I couldn't even read it, i had to take a picture of it and send to my boyfriend who interpreted it to me in English.

My boyfriend called them at Brussels immediately and they explained to him that 1st, the decision wasn't taken by them but by Abuja, 2nd, that i was denied because i stated that i am a Freelance Writer, apparently they need me to prove that i am working in a company or have a registered business in order to convince them that i will be coming to Nigeria. LOL. Long story cut short, Belgian embassy are very incompetent, don't try them. 53days? When other embassies use 4 - 15days!

At that time and spot we ( my boyfriend and I ) decided to try either France or Germany, since he has a car, he could drive there and come pick me up. We finally opted for Germany.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2017
nwakibie3:

Pls can u write me all the documents u submitted for the visa application on stevenzekwe@hotmail.com

All necessary documents;

International passport
3months Insurance
My 6months bank statement
Introduction letter
Schengen sized passport photographs

Inviting person residence permit
His bank account statements
His Belgian ID
Invitation letter
Lufthansa flight ticket booked and paid for.

These are all i can remember for now as they didn't even return the documents to me except my passport.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by demmysoft: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2017
Belgium visiting visa is some how difficult to get, unless the business visa, l have been to Belgium several times, but through business visa.

lf someone can get confirmed invitation letter from Belgium company for business, and the person have a registered company here in nigeria with good account turnover, the visa is 80% guarantee.

mostly, they don't give visa on tourism.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by nwakibie3(m): 10:51am On Feb 21, 2017
queendoreez:

All necessary documents;

International passport
3months Insurance
Introduction letter

His Belgian ID
Invitation letter

These are all i can remember for now as they didn't even return the documents to me except my passport.

OK thanks a lot. I will keep in touch wit u
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by nwakibie3(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2017
queendoreez:
Apparently, the visa decision was taken here by the embassy in Abuja, then forwarded to Home Office in Brussels for approval or something, i don't know.

When i got to the VFS, i was given my package, the only thing they sent back was my passport, my bank statements and a paper written in Dutch stating they had denied me visa because i didn't prove enough that i will be coming back to Nigeria after my trip. I couldn't even read it, i had to take a picture of it and send to my boyfriend who interpreted it to me in English.

My boyfriend called them at Brussels immediately and they explained to him that 1st, the decision wasn't taken by them but by Abuja, 2nd, that i was denied because i stated that i am a Freelance Writer, apparently they need me to prove that i am working in a company or have a registered business in order to convince them that i will be coming to Nigeria. LOL. Long story cut short, Belgian embassy are very incompetent, don't try them. 53days? When other embassies use 4 - 15days!

At that time and spot we ( my boyfriend and I ) decided to try either France or Germany, since he has a car, he could drive there and come pick me up. We finally opted for Germany.

So sorry about that. Try that Germany, I pray it works out.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
nwakibie3:

OK thanks a lot. I will keep in touch wit u
nwakibie3:

So sorry about that. Try that Germany, I pray it works out.

Unfortunately, i got a reply from Germany today, just 5days after my interview and i was denied. Anyway, this time around, i am appealing because i had all necessary required documents, i even got my small writing firm registered, etceteras. I try to update here if i can.
Thanks everyone.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
queendoreez:

Unfortunately, i was denied after 53days of waiting and calling both the Abuja office and the Home Office in Brussels, despite the fact that my boyfriend is a Dutch citizen.... Details later.

In the meantime, i applied to Germany, since its a schengen state and just this morning, making it 5days after interview, i just got a call from the courier company that i have a package from the German embassy, hopefully, it will be goodnews.
Good one. I don't know the problem with Belgian Embassy. They like denying visa application. Please let me know about the Germany visa application too. I appreciate your update.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
queendoreez:

Unfortunately, i got a reply from Germany today, just 5days after my interview and i was denied. Anyway, this time around, i am appealing because i had all necessary required documents, i even got my small writing firm registered, etceteras. I try to update here if i can.
Thanks everyone.
Honestly Italy visa application is BETTER but Italy to Belgium is a bit far by train because i checked it
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tobigo12:
Honestly Italy visa application is BETTER but Italy to Belgium is a bit far by train because i checked it
You should have tried Italy, Portugal or Spain.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by odehbrainard: 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
queendoreez:

All necessary documents;

International passport
3months Insurance
Introduction letter

His Belgian ID
Invitation letter

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by odehbrainard: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello, please I intend visiting Europe this Easter,I don't have an invite though,a regular traveller though,been to southafrica this pass December and Dubai twice this past January,am a blogger,I work as a personal assistant to one of the directors at delta state board of internal revenue,my income is not fixed cause I get money from my blog and also my salary .what do I do to get started?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tobigo12:

Really??
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 11:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
odehbrainard:
Hello, please I intend visiting Europe this Easter,I don't have an invite though,a regular traveller though,been to southafrica this pass December and Dubai twice this past January,am a blogger,I work as a personal assistant to one of the directors at delta state board of internal revenue,my income is not fixed cause I get money from my blog and also my salary .what do I do to get started?

I really don't know for sure cos i have been on this Europe thing since december. But you can pick any European country, find out the requirements and apply.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tobigo12:
You should have tried Italy, Portugal or Spain.

Yes, i had Spain in mind but opted for Germany because of the reviews i heard here from people that applied previously.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 6:08am On Feb 24, 2017
queendoreez:

Yes, i had Spain in mind but opted for Germany because of the reviews i heard here from people that applied previously.
Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy in that order are BETTER way of getting a Shengen visa

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Tobigo12:
Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy in that order are BETTER way of getting a Shengen visa

Thanks dear, i just want to see if the appeal of the German visa will work, if it doesn't, we'll try Spain. I will you informed as we proceed.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by darezeezleke: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2017
queendoreez:

Thanks dear, i just want to see if the appeal of the German visa will work, if it doesn't, we'll try Spain. I will you informed as we proceed.

German embassy is the best.

They will surely tell you what is wrong with your application.

Italy is good as well but Spain, I really don't advice.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
queendoreez:

Okay. Good luck
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
darezeezleke:

German embassy is the best.
They will surely tell you what is wrong with your application.
Italy is good as well but Spain, I really don't advice.
Spain issue visa if papers are complete.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by bull99: 6:57pm On May 01, 2017
apparently it appears Belgium is a no go area for schengen visa, however I have France in mind, pls how easy is it through France?
opinions are highly appreciated
tnx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja To Reorganize Taxi Ranks, Introduce CNG Buses For Mass Transit / Lagos Bus Drivers Suspend Strike / How Do I Get To Sango Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.