Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,964 members, 7,952,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) (458 Views)

Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Is There Any Rastafarian Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) by vybzkartel: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
�JESUS PAID IT ALL (My Life, My Testimony)�

Few years ago, in my crazy partying, sexually explosive and worldy passioned lifestyle. I had an encounter with four missionaries in Hong Kong, two from UK and two from Canada. Though I have met many who spoke to me about JESUS. I have for many years rejected Jesus, to me it was just an imaginary story of religious zealots. After days of total intoxication, from partying nonstop for days in the beautiful Chungking Mansions, Hong Kong and Macau. Last thing I wanted to hear was, Jesus and Salvation. God kept sending people to preach the gospel to me. He wanted me saved, but I rejected him as I have done boldly for years. But, one thing the British and the Canadian missionaries said to me that I will never forget was, "YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM JESUS WHEN IT'S TIME". I mocked them, as I've done all this year's to all who preach the gospel of salvation to me. "TELL YOUR JESUS I DON'T NEED HIM."

Consistently I will meet many on flights, at airports, cities, hotels, beaches, restaurants, etc. Fom Ghana to Ethiopia, from Kenya to South Africa, From Dubai to Singapore, from Hong Kong to Macau, from Holland to Germany and from America to many many parts of the world. All this missionaries, pastors, evangelists, etc, and many God fearing people will tell me about JESUS. Though I reject Him vehemently, strangers will prophesying to me, "Jonathan you will preach the gospel and serve the Lord." Hindsight, I can boldly say, God wanted me to meet this four missionaries, the uncountable number of pastors, evangelists etc. He sent them, to sow the seed of his Word to me.

I remember the beautiful beaches Siloso Beach Resort, Changi Beach Park and the magnificent Sentosa Island in Singapore. With regret, I remember my rendezvous on the beaches of the world. I walked with pride with women of all shades and colors. Friends from all over the world, we will party and drink and sex was free and cheap for all, it was about how many you can have. But I was empty, something was missing in my life. Life was Empty and Hollow. I worked with many companies, I met many believers around the world. But it was about making money, traveling the world, partying from night clubs in Nairobi, Adisa Baba, to Johannesburg, from Abu Dhabi to Dubai, From Frankfurt to Amsterdam, from Little India and Singapore to, From New York to Chicago, etc. The Gogo bars, Strip Clubs, Pups etc, was where you find me.

This was who I became, I got away with many mistakes, that could have ended my life or sent me to jail or prison for good. I remember walking through Dubai international Airport with forgottwn Marijuana inn my pocket, fount it later. How did they not see it? Only God knows. The many nights of drunkeness, drug overdose, pills missed with sex etc. How did I survive it all? Is a question money cannot buy.

�MET JESUS, AND SALVATION�

Few years down the line, I was feeling empty and felt there's more to life than just party, sex, alcohol, drugs etc. I knew the results of my lifestyle, death, prison, sexually transmitted diseases etc. I wanted to be an example, I was smart and intelligent, handsome, fit and egotistic at best. Friends love me, for my loyalty, commitment, dedication to seeing others, have a better life. I needed it more. All i had was a life of misery and abject sadness. The devil had me totally and used me good. God never gave up on me. He kept sending many to speak to me about salvation and eternal life. Now, I began to listen. But my habits of many years, will take an avalanche of proportion to transform me. But the battle was the Lords.

The devil lost me finally. I met Jesus and Repented of my sinful lifestyle and surrendered to him. Never looked back since then. I have faced many hurdles, obstacles and made mistakes, but I persevered. If I served the devil well. Then I must serve God Almighty with my all. I have made many mistakes, but I learn from it and keep moving with my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of my Faith. It has not been an easy journey, but am aIwaysaid grateful for the precious blood of Jesus that redeemed a filthy rag like myself.

�JESUS IS MY LIFE�

Years later, the Jesus I rejected for years, is now my life, I walk from street to street, market to shops, homes, schools etc, preaching Jesus to all. My joy is abiding in him all the days of my life. I rather work for Jesus, and winning souls. Than for any company or conglomerate in the world. Today, am an Ordain Reverend, preaching Jesus to all. I've been insulted, abuse, called various names. But I always recollect, all I did to the many missionaries, pastors, evangelists and many people. How I insulted, abused, ridiculed, threatened and mocked them. How the tables have turned. "for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap", Gal 6:7. Thank God for, the Birth, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Praise God

�"Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:cool

Instead of night clubs, strip and gogo clubs, partying and drinking, and all the vices I was involved in. Now I am consumed by the gospel of salvation. Same gospel I rejected, is now my everyday life. Am not ashamed of the gospel. I have left families, friends, loved ones, jobs, and everything to serve in His Vineyard. Is a joy to work as a co-laborer to him who redeemed me, from darkness into his marvelous light. The battle is not over yet. Everyday I think about the millions of young people who will die of drugs overdose, HIV/AIDS, and many dangerous habits i was engulfed In. My heart beats for people who will die without knowing Jesus and go to Hell. That's why even in Hunger or Thirst, in Pain or Agony, and regardless of the circumstances I will never stop preaching, being on the street winning souls and discipling young people.

Jesus saved me, I thank God for the freedom I am enjoying now in him. The son has set me free, I know the truth now. And for me, sharing the truth to all is my greatest joy. Amazing love indeed that i can be called a son of God. Thank Jesus for saving me. But all this wouldn't have happened without all the people dedicated to preaching the gospel, those who are in the most hostile nations putting their life's on the line for the sake of the gospel. I want to thank every pastors, evangelist, missionaries, friends, love ones, and all who played diverse roles in where I am today.

Jesus is the reason, keep speaking the word to all. Thank God for all who kept speaking to a me about Jesus, you never gave up on a dirty rag like me, you showed me the love of God. Now, more than ever, we must not give up on anyone, regardless of their sinful lifestyle. Jesus came to save sinners, not the righteous.

�A SURE FOUNDATION�

Noq to all those who doubted the calling on my life, who belittled me, who mocked and laughed at me, many who can be found in the house of Lord, who dress every Sunday but are hypocrites and self seeking Pharisees. You have made me stronger in my walk of faith. The relevancy of Jesus in my life, is beyond the thought or reasons of men. Is more than anything an angel can tell me. I don't need any man or angel to tell me about the saving grace and love of God. I am a real testimony and a real life beneficiary of that grace and love. Am grateful and thankful always. I never take it for granted.

Am a real testimony of how God can take, the most foolish and dirty rag, and turn him into an image to be hold. With God all things are possible. All those who made me a prayer point and stood in the gap for me, interceding for me. God continue to increase you all. Words xanr express my gratitude. If at the end, I can boldly declare, what Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Then I can go to the Lord in glory.

Be rest assured, some of the most vicious and obstructions, obstacles and threat to your faith, will come from people you see every Sunday in church. Some will look down on you, belittle you, mock you, do whatever it takes to bring pull you down. But never give up, keep pressing. Be bold to speak your heart when you have to, stay focus to the will of God for your life. Be Humble, committed and discipline to the tutoring of the Holy Spirit. He teaches all things. Open yourself to Him.

Am no more in the strip clubs, or gogo bars, and having sex in the beaches around the world or drinking vodka, Jack Daniels or using the drugs etc. Now I get drunk in the Spirit, and manifesting his Power and Glor. Heaven And Hell is real, many don't get the chances i got, some died horrible and disgraceful death. Surrender to Jesus today, for tomoroow may never meet you, indeed you don't know if the next few seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years will meet you. Choose Heaven, reject Hell. Make the choice today.

Jesus loves you, his arms are perpetually open to receive you, it doesn't matter how dirty or sinful you are. He will cleanse you and make you as white as snow. Call upon him and you will be saved. Praise His Name Forever. Hallelujah

Re: Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) by greatmarshall(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) by vybzkartel: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Him now

Re: Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) by HiddenManna(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Glory to God Almighty!

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of A 'rastafarian'... Must Read (photos) by vybzkartel: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenManna:
Glory to God Almighty!

Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Life In Christ / Tithing / Searching The Scripture, Part 1: The Book Of Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.