Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (46963 Views)

Tenant In Shock After Lagos Landlord Passed Toilet Pipe Through His Apartment / Olu Okeowo's House: Man Shocked After Visiting His Friend’s Mansion In Lagos / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by jumaian(m): 1:54am On Sep 19, 2017
Wel, we are all entitled to our opinion. For me, I would rather build my house in the city before considering the one in the village. It is illogical, how can you have an empty masion in the village and you pay rent of a million naira in the city. That's called stupidity or ignorance. It is common in the east though and I wonder why. Thanks to you OP for raising this question.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 19, 2017
And now thanks to the internet, everybody's a critic.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:

I understand. But these are societal issues that haunt us all the time. Its not a thread about slay king or queen. Don't you think its an important topic?

No, it's not. It's a lame topic.

Your uncle hustle get money, build em mansion for village.

You wey never buy 50lb sack of sand is complaining of his choice of location grin

Now, don't you think that is lame??

You are a critic who knows how it's done, you see it done every day, but you re unable to do it themselves.

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by nengibo: 4:07am On Sep 19, 2017
shakol91:
is he a native of Bendel or Arochukwu
As in eh, fine fine empty houses, but even the white ppl do the same they have beach houses, summer houses for vacations in addition to their normal house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by bigmankings(m): 4:15am On Sep 19, 2017
Na your Building? �

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Jubreal19: 4:15am On Sep 19, 2017
IBO sense
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by userplainly(m): 4:19am On Sep 19, 2017
any man that builds a house in the village while his children were born and raised in city is a wicked n heartless man who only thinks about himself, same useless thing my dad did, sold our bungalow which we grew up in the city and build one in the village, said we should all move home when our lives are planted in the city, our dreams, plans and education.. we refused n he left alone to marry another young wife after having seven grown ups....... niccur still lives in his small crib while we r thriving here, last I heaed from him was that we abandoned him in the village n we living luxurious life in the city.... my advice " think about the future of ur kids" village will not be developed for the next 30 years

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 19, 2017
czarina:
If he's Ibo no biggie! Na their way be that grin Check my siggie
Na there way and how come they own almost all the properties in Lagos?
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by GoshenNLA(m): 4:37am On Sep 19, 2017
chisco82:

they own all properties and still clamouring Biafra Biafra, Op they are ready to carry their properties along to Biafra as well

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by uvalued(m): 4:37am On Sep 19, 2017
dingbang:
I rather build a hospital in the village than build a house that I won't visit for 300 days
my best answer
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 4:41am On Sep 19, 2017
silaswebbroad=60598804:
This is very common in South-east. Igbos should develop their region.

The Biafran war taught Igbos a lesson.
Some had mansions abroad but no place to stay
durring the.war
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 19, 2017
GoshenNLA:

they own all properties and still clamouring Biafra Biafra, Op they are ready to carry their properties along to Biafra as well
Does it matter? Are almost all our politicians not owing mansions abroad. Yes they can become the foreign investors you guyz have.
Biafra must come if the government reject restructuring and this time there be nothing like abandon properties.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 4:44am On Sep 19, 2017
tballeyy:
try and write ur words correct

It is "write your words correctly" DUMMY!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 4:50am On Sep 19, 2017
guonno:
If you are an igbo, build it in your village. If you do not, someday, you will abandon that house in lagos to your village due to one bruhaha or the other. Mind you that before the bruhaha will end, someone must have parked in. Be wise my brother, one nigeria will never favour you.

How about.people who.live.overseas.and build.in village and come.home once.every 3 years, then gradually stop comming.entirely

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 4:58am On Sep 19, 2017
nextstep:
There are many reasons, as some have alluded to:

1. One of the biggest lessons learned in the aftermath of the civil war is that what we build in other people's land can be seized.
2. If we go home for holidays, where will we stay/receive guests? Are we going to squat?
3. Cultural expectations: you can have mansion elsewhere, but if you don't put your roots down at home, you or your children could be seen as foreigners in your father's land.
4. We are eternally hopeful that we will stop our hustle and retire happily at home
5. It's far cheaper to acquire land and build in villa, than to do the same in Lagos.

Many of my older uncles/papas retired to the villa after hustling in Lagos fom 50s-90s, and are peacefully enjoying their last days in the homes they built, far from the noise and bustle of Lagos. Of course, some bought properties around Lagos and are earning rent, but the majority of them didn't.

When u old u need medicals - non-existent in the village.
Best thing - retire in advanced country

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by userplainly(m): 4:59am On Sep 19, 2017
chisco82:

Does it matter? Are almost all our politicians not owing mansions abroad. Yes they can become the foreign investors you guyz have.
Biafra must come if the government reject restructuring and this time there be nothing like abandon properties.

dum dum
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 5:02am On Sep 19, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
I'm very sure he's Igbo! grin
Igbo men are very fond of that. I'm yet to understand the logic behind it.

The logic is Biafran war
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 5:08am On Sep 19, 2017
obeagu1:
dear op, ur uncle might hv built d one at d villa first with the intention of building something in lagos later but things changed..i advice u ask b4 u judge him..my personal story..my uncle n my dad shared a common house of 6rooms built jointly so they had 3rooms n we 3rooms. we grew up 2 know there was alot of bickering between dem over sharing of land..u can imagine at 60yrs my dad was yet to get his own share of land,hence i swore to never brimg my wife n kids to dat house hence my 1st priority was to get a decent house in my villa 1st n move my family/parent out...n thank God i did dat...n yes iam Igbo.

U must be under 40. Congrats!
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by WetinConsignMe: 5:11am On Sep 19, 2017
Ashley86400:
Is your uncle Ibo? cool

Dumbest question on the thread
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Wiseoldman:

My friend this war was declared by an Igbo man against him Nigeria. No Nigerian man would ever wake up to declare war against Igbos. History looks like it want to repeat itself with Kanu's "Biafra or Death".

You are wrong.

Have you heard about the 1966 pogrom? The massacre of Ndigbo all over Nigeria especially in the North? That's Igbos left other parts of Nigeria and came back home. Ojukwu simply said since you all want to kill us, let us be left alone (and because they knew Biafra had enormous resources, the British Royal Dutch Shell in conjunction on FG declared war on us. This is even after an agreement was reached in Aburi to form a confederate states which other leaders later reneged on.

Have you ask yourself, is there no other way to solve the Biafra issue then apart from war?

As for Nnamdi KANU, I don't understand why the call for referendum means call for war if you know what democracy means. Britain had their own, Spain is about to have their own... so what the heck are you saying?

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by czarina(f): 6:15am On Sep 19, 2017
chisco82:

Oga, I said my own, say ur own and leave my mention alone grin
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by czarina(f): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2017
twinskenny:

Do u massage for men�
Yes, do you need one?
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by czarina(f): 6:19am On Sep 19, 2017
Nukualofa:
Is it bad?
Mbanu...issa good thing. Hope you're happy cool
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by PierreDeFermat(m): 6:21am On Sep 19, 2017
it doesn't make sense to me. building mansion in village even makes him more vulnerable to flying mamas in his village but building the mansion in the city is much better as he would have all the luxury he needs to get going. who village help?
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by patola080(m): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2017
May be Na money ----------------_-_---------_--_-----_-ur uncle do n dey ask him nt to live in dat house
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 19, 2017
If you build in the city they will shouting go n develop your land. Your uncles are developing their land ad you are complaining.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Ashley86400: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Dumbest question on the thread

Oh sorry for my dumbness, Mr Smartest.
Silly schmuck!

I'm Ibo, by the way. So this ain't tribal.
Re: My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 19, 2017
Best answer
nengibo:

As in eh, fine fine empty houses, but even the white ppl do the same they have beach houses, summer houses for vacations in addition to their normal house

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Most-expensive Luxury Real Estate Locations In Nigeria / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.