Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... (919 Views)

Burial Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Military Invasion (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Accepted Restructuring Before Military Invasion - Uko / Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by BabaRamota1980: 4:24am On Sep 19, 2017
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) under the leadership of its President-General, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, is increasingly becoming worried by the upsurge of violence occasioned by the lawless and defiant actions of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

In spite of the fact that the self-appointed leader of the Group Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was released on bail from his arrest and detention on account of treason, his actions, since his release, have not only been defiant and in violation of all the terms of his bail but have increasingly been a cause of the escalation of violence in the Southeast and other parts of the country.

Reports reaching the NSCIA from the South-East and some parts of the South-South particularly Abia and Rivers states indicate that IPOB has been out on a campaign of rampage and indiscriminate violent attacks on Muslim communities especially northerners.

The door-to-door and vehicle-to-vehicle manhunt of Muslims for the kill in Umuahia and the unprovoked wholesome attack of Muslims in Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers State demonstrate the extent to which IPOB can go in terms of viciousness and savagery against fellow peace-loving Nigerian citizens.

The NSCIA hereby condemns these acts of violence and rampage being perpetrated by IPOB and warns that unless IPOB is properly dealt with and its activities completely stopped, they portend great threat to peaceful coexistence in the country and its unity.

The NSCIA therefore, calls on the Federal Government of Nigeria, the State Governments in the South-East and all the State Governments in all the other five geo-political zones in the country and the security agents and forces to take proactive measures and to set all necessary machineries for responsive and effective interventions to forestall escalation of the violence and its spread to other parts of the country

Meanwhile the NSCIA wishes to express its unequivocal support to the Nigerian Military in its declaration of IPOB as a terrorist organization. That is exactly what it is and there is no reason for evading the truth at the most critical moment when commitment to it was most desired. The truth, as is often said, shall not only set us free, but it also instils mutual trust amongst us and consolidates our collective resolve to leave peacefully together. Similarly, the NSCIA also places on record its support to the South-East Governors when they, at the end of their meeting of Friday, 15th September, 2017 proscribed IPOB and all its activities. While this is a confirmation of the stand taken by the military, the NSCIA however, salutes the courage and boldness of the said governors in this regard.

The NSCIA further implores the South-East and South-South Governors of the affected states to, as a matter of justice, take accurate stock of all destructions of lives and property made in the crisis and ensure that the victims are duly and properly compensated.

The NSCIA also puts its weight behind the efforts of the Rivers State Council for Islamic Affairs (RSCIA) under the leadership of Alhaji Nasir Uhor and the matured and peaceful measures it took in confronting this problem by addressing a press conference and revealing to the world the true situation of happenings in the affected areas. The NSCIA, therefore, advises the RSCIA to continue to tread the path of peace in handling similar incidents and not allow itself to be provoked into taking laws into its hand.

Similarly, the NSCIA also strongly advises Muslims all over the country (?) to be law abiding and to also avoid any sort of action that may lead to breakdown of law and order such that the violence will not extend to other parts.

Finally, the NSCIA wishes to reiterate its call on the Federal Government of Nigeria to act proactively in handling this problem and to do the needful in ensuring that this challenge is properly tackled and finally nipped in the bud for the sake of the peace, unity, prosperity and even and meaningful development of this country.

The NSCIA hereby declares its unrelenting support and loyalty to Mr. President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari. We pray unto Allah to give more sound health and fitness to Mr. President and we also pray for the peaceful and continued existence of Nigeria as a united and prosperous entity.
Signed
Professor Salisu Shehu,
Deputy Secretary-General,
NSCIA.

Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by madridguy(m): 4:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by sarrki(m): 4:32am On Sep 19, 2017
Hatred thread
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by psucc(m): 5:22am On Sep 19, 2017
I guess it is the Area Youth ultimatum that drove the army into action.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Cherez: 7:09am On Sep 19, 2017
sarrki:
Hatred thread
In as much as I am 100% against Kanu and have always been and will never want to be in a country where KANU is a leader cos he does not portray such, as an IGBO man.
I wish to state clearly to the owner of Nairaland that Mr. Sarrki here and his type both from the SE, SS, NW, NE, SW, and NC ares the reason Nigeria has been in chaos.
They will never be seen in threads of peace or better discuss but in a thread filled with hate for each other.
KANU and his likes have let the hate actions against them get to them and in turn hating other, inadvertently making their hearts bitter and hate personalities.
Therr isn't no difference between Kanu and anyone going around hating others and wishing them dead.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by MayorofLagos(m): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
I wanted to be sure that Im seeing right. I went directly to the website pictured above myself, the article is authentic.

This is revelation that Nigeria is ruled from the Sultanate of Sokoto. The actions of SE Governors in their condemnation and witch hunt of Ipob is driven from Sharia authority in North.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Stricker321: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
The Hausa/Fulani own Nigeria.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stricker321:
The Hausa/Fulani own Nigeria.

They own your life. Not Nigeria. Shameless prick.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Stricker321: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fineman87:

They own your life. Not Nigeria. Shameless prick.

It is your life and family they own. Idiotic monkey.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stricker321:

It is your life and family they own. Idiotic monkey.

But you said they own Nigeria na. I only added that they own you. Why are you vexing like an animal? Or are your family Animals.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Stricker321: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fineman87:

But you said they own Nigeria na. I only added that they own you. Why are you vexing like an animal? Or are your family Animals.

Go and join your fellow apes in the bush you cursed animal sired by mad village tree jumping monkeys.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stupid Thread. Igbos must Shun this senseless thread with vigour.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by julietm123: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
angry grin Oh so you just found out that the north rules Nigeria? Sorry sir.
MayorofLagos:
I wanted to be sure that Im seeing right. I went directly to the website pictured above myself, the article is authentic.

This is revelation that Nigeria is ruled from the Sultanate of Sokoto. The actions of SE Governors in their condemnation and witch hunt of Ipob is driven from Sharia authority in North.
Re: Did Sokoto Order The Military Invasion Of Aba And Umuahia? Read... by OjukwuWarBird: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
MayorofLagos:

But you championed Buhari

What happened.?

(1) (Reply)

[video ] This Is What Actually Happened At Aburi Accord 1967- Ojukwu / New SGF Acts As Peace-maker As Oyo-ita Angrily Confronts Buhari's Cos Abba Kyari / Biafra: As Aba Heard Nnamdi Kalu Is Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.