Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies (1902 Views)

Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki / Jonathan Did Nothing For Igbos – Amaechi Explodes / "Buhari's Health Is Not As Bad As It Is Perceived" - Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by robotix: 5:54am On Sep 19, 2017
Out of anger, I created this thread, spilling my guts and bile all over

https://www.nairaland.com/4046283/buhari-should-leave-south-east

But the truth is my best friend is a Yoruba guy as we slug it out in the world of running our business and entrepreneurial venture in fact we talk everyday and I can't go a week without calling him or chatting him on facebook... we share ideas, goals, dreams and plans together.

I have never really hated Yorubas ( I speak Yoruba as a matter of fact) but gave notion like something of that nature was building in me. It wasn't intentional but no man will see his people treated as they have with the invasion of the military and be happy. I apologize for any wrong words I might have used in the thread above...

Now coming to the issue of IPOB and the noise by my Igbo brothers, I have always maintained that the way we behave will not favour us seen here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe/4#58402882

The irony of what has happened with the clamp down on IPOB should tell us all where to focus our energy.

The people you have been calling cowards, afonja, slave and all whatnot STOOD and defended you with their own VOICE, ranging from OBJ, CAN President, OPC, Ooni of Ife, Falana (Yoruba lawyer), Clergymen...

What did the 5 South East Governors DO and what did the elders do? I will leave you conscience to answer that.

Please stop the hate, stop the insults... it will not help us. Creating enemies will not favour us even as big as USA is, they need ALLIES. Kanu went about it the wrong way, giving room for so much weak points... The true strength of a man is not in his house but outside his clan and creed. How you are perceived in a far away land is very important.

This agitation could have been the Biggest Revolution In The History of Nigeria, had it been devoid of insults, hate speeches, selfishness, selfcentered , disrespect of other tribes and so on but properly harness... BUT one thing KANU has proven is that NOTHING Scares the ELITE more than a UNITED MASSES... they like to see us divided because it favours them. Not once did the Southern governors been so united until the emergence of Nnamdi Kanu.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Ibj50(m): 6:22am On Sep 19, 2017
A good piece

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 19, 2017
Nice post. Tribalism won't take us anywhere. Yorubas have always welcomed and befriended other tribes without prejudice, which is why we're the closest to the Hausas (Islam playing a vital role) and closest to Igbos as well (business, relationships, education etc).

Whoever takes all these Nairaland inter-house sport of tribalism seriously is on his own. God knows some people shouting Afonja have Yoruba bosses at work, some Yoruba guys shouting Igbo/Osu etc have Igbo spouses...

To be honest though:

Igbos have flatheadz .... Very big ones cheesy cheesy grin

Flatinoes of Africa. grin

11 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Cherez: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2017
Very true
That KANU and his mouth eeeeeeeh! I couldn't stand it even when I'm 100% Igbo.
However, the SE governors did the best thing for the meantime,
If they didn't, the mad dogs of NA would still be killing a lot of people by now

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by emmahoney(m): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2017
The name MASSOB has a key word, AGITATION,
the name IPOB has a key word, INDEPENDENT
(coded as the word Indigenious)... You can't
declare yourself and your people independent
within a sovereign state, except you are granted
the independence. Clearly, Nnamdi Kanu has declared a country within a country, which is purely TREASON. He should be agitating not imposing
his words on Nigerians. I hereby second the motion raised by the Nigeria Army that IPOB is a terrorist group. Much have not been said about MASSOB, because they have yet to grow recalcitrant. IPOB have since crossed the line. BIAFRALAND my foot!... # Biafra # Nigeriasecession # Buhari # NigeriaPolitics.
# NigeriaUnity #BBCAFRICA # BBC

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by madridguy(m): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2017
There's Power in Unity.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by domack99(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2017
robotix:

The people you have been calling cowards, afonja, slave and all whatnot STOOD and defended you with their own VOICE, ranging from OBJ, CAN President, OPC, Ooni of Ife, Falana (Yoruba lawyer), Clergymen...

What did the 5 South East Governors DO and what did the elders do? I will leave you conscience to answer that.

God bless the op, still don't understand why the hatred for the Yorubas is so much.

You said it all, our unity scare them a lot, if only the southerners call unite, we can achieve our referendum/restructure within six most. But the politicians understand our weakness and they play it well.

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by theophorus(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2017
People like you should have spoken before now. Not when the Actions of NK has caused so much havoc.

Well, Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by avril9(f): 6:49am On Sep 19, 2017
Let him that has ears... Let him hear.
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by robotix: 6:51am On Sep 19, 2017
domack99:

God bless the op, still don't understand why the hatred for the Yorubas is so much.

You said it all, our unity scare them a lot, if only the southerners call unite, we can achieve our referendum/restructure within six most. But the politicians understand our weakness and they play it well.
Exactly bro. These people do not want to see us UNITED!
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by robotix: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2017
theophorus:
People like you should have spoken before now. Not when the Actions of NK has caused so much havoc.

Well, Better late than never.
I spoke bro, they even insult me, call me afonja. Few days ago on facebook, one insulted my father but if he will reach my father's age before he dies, that will be a miracle. You do not insult elders and expect blessing from God.

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by intruxive(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2017
Its a litle too late. The mass of uneducated hausas in the north have seen the videos of ur ppl serching busses looking for their ppl to kill. Even tho their own leader hv been able to refrain them (for now) the tension is thick in the air, and ur brothers that kanu intended to sacrifice on the alter of revolution are now living in perpetual fear of the unknown in their millions
We came here and warned u guys severally. But it was fun for u then, the only pity I hv is for other tribes who can not be easily differentiated but have to suffer ur fears as well.
May God grant peace to the nation, u guys will always repeat history...... all of u

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2017
God bless the OP but unfortunately so much harm has been done and so many millions of our people up north now living in fear, remember the Jos and Sokoto incidents days ago. More are still sending their children and wards back to the SE as we speak, let's just pray everything goes well.
This must be a great lesson for us Ndigbo, politicians, elders and youths to always speak up early enough next time when hate speeches startes from one of our own

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2017
Attackgat I sight you, what do have to say because you supported IPOB activities

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2017
robotix:
Out of anger, I created this thread, spilling my guts and bile all over

https://www.nairaland.com/4046283/buhari-should-leave-south-east

But the truth is my best friend is a Yoruba guy as we slug it out in the world of running our business and entrepreneurial venture in fact we talk everyday and I can't go a week without calling him or chatting him on facebook... we share ideas, goals, dreams and plans together.

I have never really hated Yorubas ( I speak Yoruba as a matter of fact) but gave notion like something of that nature was building in me. It wasn't intentional but no man will see his people treated as they have with the invasion of the military and be happy. I apologize for any wrong words I might have used in the thread above...

Now coming to the issue of IPOB and the noise by my Igbo brothers, I have always maintained that the way we behave will not favour us seen here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe/4#58402882

The irony of what has happened with the clamp down on IPOB should tell us all where to focus our energy.

Please stop the hate, stop the insults... it will not help us. Creating enemies will not favour us even as big as USA is, they need ALLIES. Kanu went about it the wrong way, giving room for so much weak points... The true strength of a man is not in his house but outside his clan and creed. How you are perceived in a far away land is very important.

This agitation could have been the Biggest Revolution In The History of Nigeria, had it been devoid of insults, hate speeches, selfishness, selfcentered , disrespect of other tribes and so on but properly harness... BUT one thing KANU has proven is that NOTHING Scares the ELITE more than a UNITED MASSES... they like to see us divided because it favours them. Not once did the Southern governors been so united until the emergence of Nnamdi Kanu.

You done see where after person shitt him put am back

The shit is out now.

The core issue here is this let us not beat around the bush. The Ibos bear a grudge against Yoruba for the civil war and many have taught their children and grandchildren to hate Yorubas. Now those children and grandchildren have become adults. For a long time many Yorubas were unaware of this and so there was quiet(not peace but quiet). Now the Yorubas know how the Ibos feel and the Shitt is not going back to where it came from. The Ibo idea is one day they will get even for the civil war and the Yoruba idea is it ain't gonna happen. Who goes to sleep with a cobra at large in his compound?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by fergie001: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2017
cool
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by OjukwuWarBird: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2017
Has the attack on Nnamdi Kanu solve the issue of marginalization

Has it provided jobs
Has it change Nigeria for better

Has it stop Buhari's nepotism

IPOB lives on as long as Nigeria is not a better alternative

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2017
0m0nnakoda:

You done see where after person shitt him put am back

The shit is out now.

The core issue here is this let us not beat around the bush. The Ibos bear a grudge against Yoruba for the civil war and many have taught their children and grandchildren to hate Yorubas. Now those children and grandchildren have become adults. For a long time many Yorubas were unaware of this and so there was quiet(not peace but quiet). Now the Yorubas know how the Ibos feel and the Shitt is not going back to where it came from. The Ibo idea is one day they will get even for the civil war and the Yoruba idea is it ain't gonna happen. Who goes to sleep with a cobra at large in his compound?
You don't blame all Igbos for that because most are innocent of that.
Fact was that some lazy, brainwashed dregs of the society who felt getting Biafra will make them instant millionaires and led by a man with nothing to his name just like his followers.
I was born and raised in Lagos, I'm still in contact with my friends in Lagos, some had even visited me in Onitsha and we speak our Yoruba we were all used to. Not all Igbos were brought up as you said please

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
Has the attack on Nnamdi Kanu solve the issue of marginalization

Has it provided jobs

Has it change Nigeria for better

Has it stop Buhari's nepotism

IPOB lives on as long as Nigeria is not a better alternative
Nobody is contesting with you over your IPOB trash, just try and read carefully what the OP is trying to say

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Yyeske:
You don't blame all Igbos for that because most are innocent of that.
Fact was that some lazy, brainwashed dregs of the society who felt getting Biafra will make them instant millionaires and led by a man with nothing to his name just like his followers.
I was born and raised in Lagos, I'm still in contact with my friends in Lagos, some had even visited me in Onitsha and we speak our Yoruba we were all used to. Not all Igbos were brought up as you said please
The so called good Eboes will not donate a bucket of urine if a Yoruba man is on fire.They will keep quiet like they did during the June 12 crisis or any other crisis.Even when Saro_Wiwa was killed they kept quiet.They kept quiet during GEJ's reign so we can safely assume they are in support.Contrast that with how many Yorubas have supported Nnamdi Kanu's right to dignity and free speech

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by attackgat: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2017
Yyeske:
Attackgat I sight you, what do have to say because you supported IPOB activities

Nothing to say except that Nigeria already showed the world with what happend in Aba that it is a country on paper only
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 9:24am On Sep 19, 2017
attackgat:

Nothing to say except that Nigeria already showed the world with what happend in Aba that it is a country on paper only
And what has the world done about it?
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by Yyeske(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
The so called good Eboes will not donate a bucket of urine if a Yoruba man is on fire.They will keep quiet like they did during the June 12 crisis or any other crisis.Even when Saro_Wiwa was killed they kept quiet.They kept quiet during GEJ's reign so we can safely assume they are in support.Contrast that with how many Yorubas have supported Nnamdi Kanu's right to dignity and free speech
Wrong there
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2017
Yyeske:
Wrong there
Of course we agree to disagree. That is expected and normal

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2017
attackgat:

That is sentiment.

Maybe you are too young to remember or maybe not even born when Tianamen Square crisis occurs. Go and read it up

I can assure you China IS NOT a country only on paper.
Again where were you when Chechnya War happened.

Stop living a theoretical textbook life and deal with reality. You mess about with Secession in some countries you will pay dearly for it and Nigeria is one of such countries

3 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by BudeYahooCom: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Seriously I didn't get any point from the write-up. Nobody hates the yoruba in east. Most yorubas living here in the east are even fresher and living large.

Madam Titi is doing business here and building a big house in Oyo, her home state. Kunle owns a fashion school here on my street and drives a good car. He sows all my senator wears.

WHAT WE ARE ASKING IS SIMPLE. We the EASTERN PEOPLE WANT OUR COUNTRY. HOW IS THAT A TABOO?
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by attackgat: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
That is sentiment.

Maybe you are too young to remember or maybe not even born when Tianamen Square crisis occurs. Go and read it up

I can assure you China IS NOT a country only on paper.
Again where were you when Chechnya War happened.

Stop living a theoretical textbook life and deal with reality. You mess about with Secession in some countries you will pay dearly for it and Nigeria is one of such countries

Dont use China or Chechnia as an example in this matter. Niether one is a democracy

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:36am On Sep 19, 2017
attackgat:

Dont use China or Chechnia as an example in this matter. Niether one is a democracy
And Nigeria is a democracy?

That is why I say you are living in a textbook world and not reality.

By the way how is Nigeria more of a democracy than Russia ? Please explain

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Seriously I didn't get any point from the write-up. Nobody hates the yoruba in east. Most yorubas living here in the east are even fresher and living large.

Madam Titi is doing business here and building a big house in Oyo, her home state. Kunle owns a fashion school here on my street and drives a good car. He sows all my senator wears.

WHAT WE ARE ASKING IS SIMPLE. We the EASTERN PEOPLE WANT OUR COUNTRY. HOW IS THAT A TABOO?
Nothing wrong in asking.Does not mean you will get it. Also if you are violent you will pay a heavy and muddy price.

When you threaten elections ,Disrupt the movement of security forces and stand in front of them shouting shoot you are looking for trouble.

The only legitimate way of doing what you asking for is through political organization and elections anything else is the equivalent of a coup

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by BudeYahooCom: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Nothing wrong in asking.Does not mean you will get it. Also if you are violent you will pay a heavy and muddy price.

When you threaten elections ,Disrupt the movement of security forces and stand in front of them shouting shoot you are looking for trouble.

The only legitimate way of doing what you asking for is through political organization and elections anything else is the equivalent of a coup

And the question still begs....Why are you so interested in stay with a people whom you don't like and still romanticize a utopiam 'peaceful and united' country. Why do lots love to deceive yourselves?
Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

And the question still begs....Why are you so interested in stay with a people whom you don't like and still romanticize a utopiam 'peaceful and united' country. Why do lots love to deceive yourselves?
No one is so interested in stay or not stay that is not the issue. Maybe because you never developed political organization beyond the UMU level it is difficult for you to grasp.
Nigeria IS a constitutional democracy and so your proposal must follow due process. We will not dismember Nigeria because of IPOB. Who are they and what mandate do you have . If Nnamdi Kanu is so sure of himself he should stand for elections ,become the governor of Abia and use that platform.Let other IPOB member contest as senators and if they win use that platform. Why is that so difficult to understand?

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: A Lesson For Igbos And The Irony Of Our Perceived Enemies by 0m0nnakoda: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

No one is so interested in stay or not stay that is not the issue. Maybe because you never developed political organization beyond the UMU level it is difficult for you to grasp.
Nigeria IS a constitutional democracy and so your proposal must follow due process. We will not dismember Nigeria because of IPOB. Who are they and what mandate do you have . If Nnamdi Kanu is so sure of himself he should stand for elections ,become the governor of Abia and use that platform.Let other IPOB member contest as senators and if they win use that platform. Why is that so difficult to understand? At the end of the day after coming out of prison Nelson Mandela still stood for election.
According to your logic they should have insisted that white people leave

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? / Is Industrial Training Fund (itf) Registration N50,000.00? Or 1% Of Salaries / APC Lies Bursted Again....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.