Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo (361 Views)

Women Protest Against Sowore’s Detention At The High Court In Abuja (Photos) / Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. / Should Igbo Lagosians Be Allowed To Govern Lagos? By Anthony Okosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo by UzuegbuProsper(m): 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
BIAFRA: THE HIGH POINT OF STRUGGLE
By: Anthony Akalugo
The development in the country following the ongoing agitation by IPOB in the struggle for self- determination refers.

Essentially, the object of agitation is primarily against injustice, discrimination and alienation in the political and economic sphere. Evidenced in strategic appointments, and handling of national patrimony.

The continuous subjugation of a people and lack of free operating space, where by mediocrity is promoted and expertise is sacrificed on the altars of tribal sentiment is callous and reminiscent of a conquered people.

Continuous manipulation of due process in various institutions to promote tribal sentiment and to scuttle any inclusive agenda fans the embers of divisiveness and call for secession.

No matter the level of personal feeling any person could hold, based on ego, the reality is that a people are justifiably angered for the institutionalization of distrust, alienation and negative tribal sentiment.

This issue is a direct manifestation of the warning of Philip Efiong, the Deputy to Ikemba Ojukwu of blessed memory. At the submission of Biafran flag to Obasanjo, he warned the Nigerian state to completely assimilate the Biafran people and never to treat them as a conquered people in war, else an agitation of a greater magnitude would arise from future generations of Biafrans. This is a case in point. And I'm certain that using force to subdue this agitation could spell doom for the nation, postponing the dooms day.

What has not been done since the end of the civil war, the Reconciliation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation, is fundamental in this, we have seen has not been addressed.

While the agitation is on self-determination, restructuring, as being suggested, in sincere construct, can go a long way in assuaging the annoyance.

Declaring IPOB as a terrorist group is the height of insensitivity, dumb decision and recklessness since we know that the conduct all through has been nonviolence. Any claim of violence is despicable because lies don't heal wounds and cannot settle injustice.

The declaration is disingenuous, depicts Nigeria as a lawless state led by people who do not understand extant protocol and conventions, a slap on national image and integrity. I call for immediate reversal by the military and the South East Governors.

I do not consent to secession but I agree with restructuring for self-determination and I must emphasize that Mazi Nnamdi KANU is courageous to rise up in the face of tyranny. Though we may defer on procedure.

I call on all to focus on how to dialogue to reduce feeling of alienation and to establish an egalitarian society where equity and justice prevail, without supremacist tendencies.

Python dance is a misplaced national priority and a call for further suppression of aggrieved people. It cannot restore confidence of a people who clamour for justice.

My prayer is that we shall overcome and be better....

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo by ITbomb(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
Restructuring would be a fair bargain

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo by otil1: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oga op, na only you get this mouth?
Re: Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo by Kazim88: 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Mr OP @ UzuegbuProsper with all due respect... people like you are the problem of Nigeria.

You choose to believe the problem of Nigeria is the structure... Not the people. .

Will restructure change the mindset, education of a northerner..
Will restructure check mate The Northern Infested army against coup, war provocation or outright bully.

With The restructuring change the nature of southerners especially Igbos to be able less adventurous and goal driving.. so as to conform to the life of northerners

Can't you see the level audacity this people with their low IQ (which are actually head all government organ) is destroying Nigeria collectively...

You think in any condition or structure this people that love killing can stay with a southerner that values life peacefully...

The fact is they is an ongoing war... but this war is not being fought with Gun and Knife or Tank and Jets.. but with words and pen in truth and deep understanding.

You have a powerful pen... Use it to destroy the enemy camp and to admonish your fellow comrade.
Re: Biafra: The High Point Of Struggle By: Anthony Akalugo by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Restructure Nigeria and devolve people to the LGA and States. That way the Hausa / Fulani can keep Aso Rock for ever and I don't care. I don't ever want someone else deciding how to plan the roads and railway network in my region. Each region will plan and accomplish according to their need and capabilities. Regional collaboration can then take place in consideration of mutually beneficial projects that will support businesses of common interests and it will be done on the basis of equal partnership.

(1) (Reply)

Niger To Spend N1.2bn In 20 Days On School Feeding / What You Need To No About BotaCoin Token / Young Farmers Intl. Club Nigeria Invites Atiku, Gej, Obj To #160M Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.