Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA (938 Views)

COVID-19: Goat, Sheep, Pawpaw Test Positive In Tanzania. President Orders Probe / Children Of Dead COVID-19 Patient & Pastor Test Positive In Rivers State / LSACA Screens 6,000 For HIV To Mark Sanwo-olu’s 100 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by iamchybs(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
THE rate of HIV transmission in Lagos State and environs has dropped dramatically.

Disclosing this to newsmen last week, the Chief Executive Officer, Lagos State AIDs Control Agency, LSACA, Dr. Oluseyi Temowo, said results of series of HIV testing and counseling exercises carried out in Ikorodu area of Lagos, showed that less than 0.1 percent of the population tested positive to HIV.

Speaking in Ijede LCDA of Ikorodu Division, Temowo said in every 1,000 people screened the Agency found that 2-3 tested positive.

Temowo said the exercise was in accordance with commitment of the State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, to eradicate HIV/AIDS by 2030, as stated at the World Health Assembly last year.

"Our commitment is that even if we only identify one person out of 1,000, they must be enrolled because we are committed to the UN strategy which identifies with the 90;90;90 initiative.

What that means is that 90 percent of the population must know its HIV status, 90 per cent must be enrolled in care, and 90 percent of those enrolled in care must have viral suppression by 2020. In so doing we would have eradicated HIV/AIDS by 2030.

He explained that the current HIV prevalence rate in Lagos as at 2014 was 4.1 percent but the pilot study carried out recently shows it's about 1.5 "This reduction was made possible by what we call 4/3, which means that every four weeks in a month we go round the three Senatorial districts on the instruction of the Governor to sensitize people about HIV/AIDs.

"Also we have made progress in prevention of mother-to-child transmission because our focus is on epidemic control which means that if you are husband to a woman, and you are using your drug regularly, you cannot infect your wife or if you are a woman that is pregnant and you are using your drugs regularly, your baby may not be positive to HIV.

"This is the reason the state is clearing zero tolerance to babies born positive to HIV.

He expressed worry over the prevalence rate of HIV among youths and males who practice gay sex (Men having Sex with Men, MSM).

Disclosure of identity is one of the biggest challenges to the presence of HIV among MSM but for female sex workers we do what we call Mulan Testing for them at night and they are cooperating which informed the significant drop compared to MSM.

"Low educational status, some of our clients don't understand English but we ensure we have people that can speak. Another challenge is penetrating the interior, which has been solved by the governor.

"Our message to Lagosians is that HIV is not a disease that can kill anybody again, when you have it you can live normally, so it is no more a death sentence but life sentence. People should not run away from those that have it because it cannot be contacted through association but only by blood contact.
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by 40kobo77: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
This is serious.

No be God. This Nairaland girl wey do me shakara that time, and you were born and raised in Ikorodu lol.

If i near you again, make my hunchback be like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu own.

Choiii. But why Ikorodu girls come fine well well nau?so you mean if Badoo no kill you there, HIV go finish you?make i port go Ikoyi girls side.

No time for Pako girls.

1 Like

Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by 40kobo77: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Where Lalasticlacla sef? grin where Mynd44 sef? cool where Seun sef? embarassed even if you guys have girlfriends there, please help us spread this gospel.
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Segun just sent me his address, no 119 Ijede Road Ikorodu angry angry angry
Not going again angry angry
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by 40kobo77: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Odilafta1:
Segun just sent me his address, no 119 Ijede Road Ikorodu angry angry angry
Not going again angry angry

You be babe?i live in Ikoyi which is close to Ipaja. Should i send you my address?
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
40kobo77:

You be babe?i live in Ikoyi which is close to Ipaja. Should i send you my address?
Not yet, let LSACA come and do the census there first angry
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by 40kobo77: 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Odilafta1:

Not yet, let LSACA come and do the census there first angry

I have NAFDAC number to show i am clean i swear.
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by RapportNaija(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2017

Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by SickleCellFndtn: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
Today is #Day10 of #Help_ME_Walk_Again
-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7h--aLKio
Hip replacement surgery for these 3 indigent patients with Avascular Necrosis.
There is a wide range of options for you to choose from and it's as transparent and simple as any payment you've made before. . .
Touch a life today. . . for the betterment of our society and the greater good of all.
to donate simply click on this link - https://donate-ng.com/project/598
Re: Two In 1,000 Are HIV Positive In Ikorodu - LSACA by iamchybs(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
40kobo77:

I have NAFDAC number to show i am clean i swear.
lol... u get expiry date too?

(1) (Reply)

Who Gets To Be Perfect? - Editing The Human Genome To Improve Health / How To Save Yourself From Embarrassing Body Odour,rashes, And Wound Infections. / Solotone Multivitamins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.