Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! (1976 Views)

When Going Back To Nigeria Is A Death Sentence: The Story Of Rose Akhalu / Nigeria Is Sixth Most Dangerous Place To Live / Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2010
Yo!, Whats poppin ya`ll Nairalanders?, I came into Nigeria a few weeks ago through the Murtala Muhammed Airport and it was one hell of an Airport, First off, there was heat that looked like i just gotten into an oven & and it took like 50 minutes before my luggage came out from the belt.Bowt last week, I had to travel to Abuja to see one of my Cousins and i flew from the Local Airport(MMA2), Damn! i couldnt just belive that i was still in Naija, everything was in place, the A.C was in a a perfect working condition and all other things were absolutely intact, Am just wondering why our Local airport should be better than our International Airport, wats ur opinion on that?

Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Kx: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2010
It was kept like that so that the intl communities
and donors wont hesitate to give us development grants and loans
to upgrade our infrastratures when we go begging.
With the intl airport experience,oyibo wont hesitate. grin grin grin
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2010
Yeeah bro,

Wellcome home. LOL

Anyways, it not that the local airport is better but i thing
it is because dey r just constructing the place and i tell you
in some years time it might be worse.

A staff of Aero told me last Monday dat d governing council
said it was d Generator dey inherited from Idiagbon or so
that they are still using till now and it cant carry much load
again, which made them not to on d AC

Well, thats bad of them and even a white man came to my boss
and asked him: Are you a nigerian? My boss said yes and d man said
" u people are unfortunate". I was just laughing,

SHALOM
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 11:45am On Mar 02, 2010
suxes2005:

Yeeah bro,

Wellcome home. LOL

Anyways, it not that the local airport is better but i thing
it is because dey r just constructing the place and i tell you
in some years time it might be worse.

A staff of Aero told me last Monday dat d governing council
said it was d Generator dey inherited from Idiagbon or so
that they are still using till now and it cant carry much load
again, which made them not to on d AC

Well, thats bad of them and even a white man came to my boss
and asked him: Are you a nigerian? My boss said yes and d man said
" u people are unfortunate". I was just laughing,

SHALOM

OMG!!! dats so RIDICULOUS!!
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by snowdrops(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2010
The arrival hall of the international wing is pathetic and a national disgrace.
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2010
snowdrops:

The arrival hall of the international wing is pathetic and a national disgrace.

Or simply put, Intl disgrace

LOL
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by omega25red(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
suxes2005:

Or simply put, Intl disgrace

LOL
you forgot "SHALOM" LOL
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Mariory(m): 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2010
lol
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
omega25red:

you forgot "SHALOM" LOL

Nop, I didnt and check some of my posts
2day. I just feel like not writing it,

SHALOM
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^^I thought u almost forgot this tyme.
Lol
suxxy Baba,hw far?
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
Tamita:

^^^I thought u almost forgot this tyme.
Lol
suxxy Baba,hw far?

I just dey jare.

Which runs dey on ground now?
Try mail me got some infos for you

SHALOM
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by beingme(f): 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
poster wat do u xpect? heaven on earth in nigeria where they have dumb youth who can't speak and wicked leader who won't u ?
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
lol @ this post.
but now that i think about it, you're right.
the MMA International Airport was okay but it was really muggy and clamy inside.
the local airport was pretty cool actually.
i remember waiting for the flight to Owerri and i only wore a tank top and i was freezing my butt off in the lounge!!! the AC was on too high. embarassed
but for the most part, it was pretty decent.
i see what you mean, true.
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2010
THE AMAKA:

lol @ this post.
but now that i think about it, you're right.
the MMA International Airport was okay but it was really muggy and clamy inside.
the local airport was pretty cool actually.
i remember waiting for the flight to Owerri and i only wore a tank top and [size=13pt]i was freezing my butt off in the lounge[/size]!!! the AC was on too high. embarassed
but for the most part, it was pretty decent.
i see what you mean, true.

Dats the whole trick, there is serious Heat at our International Departure Terminal while the Domestic Wing is pretty cool, Naija, God will help us,
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Hotstepper(f): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2010
lol, I asked the same question why Lagos local airport is better than the International,

try going to other local airports, its a mess
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
Who knows maybe dey cant
make money again in d IA?

So dey are focused on d local AP now
and when there is no contract again
dey stop

SHALOM
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by rogodo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
International Airport is being managed by FG while Terminal 2 is privately managed.
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
The local airport in Lagos was just built, it's a new generation design

that is why it is better, just like abroad, when i 1st saw d airport. i was amazed, serious i took pics there sharp sharp grin grin man never travel then,
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
faakay:

The local airport in Lagos was just built, it's a new generation design

that is why it is better, just like abroad, when i 1st saw d airport. i was amazed, serious i took pics there sharp sharp grin grin man never travel then,
Abi O! I remembered wen i 1st saw D humongous Airport @ Dubai & den Charles DeGaulle.aftawardz Beijing and Schipol.I was lyk damn! So our Murtala Airport was jst a Kitchen! Lmfao!!!
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Hotstepper(f): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Poster
Schipol is BEAUTIFUL, Pearson Airport in Toronto is just 2 amazing
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by suxes2005(m): 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hotstepper:

@Poster

I cant wait to see dos beautiful places oooo
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
noble_gas1:

Abi O! I remembered wen i 1st saw D humongous Airport @ Dubai & den Charles DeGaulle.aftawardz Beijing and Schipol.I was lyk damn! So our Murtala Airport was jst a Kitchen! Lmfao!!!

Muritala Airport is a joke man, when I got to Lagos last yr, i was like haaaaa shocked dem no fit even cut bush around the airport when planes they land, even the lane no smooth wella,

management very poor, b4 luggage comot nko, na die oo, they need to improve n change their services men, but he like say dem dey do rennovation ,

haa Beijing, that airport is crazy, imagine they built a bridge, the plane uses the bridge to take off, and taxis/cars pass underground to come to d airport haaaa china!!!!!! shocked

talkless of pudong airport in shanghai, anoda bad tech,
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:59am On Mar 06, 2010
Hotstepper:

@Poster
OMG!!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
I'm a Schiphol lover  cheesy cheesy cheesy
the best airport in the world though, is the HONG KONG AIRPORT! that airport is beautiful and massive at the same time. rated #1 in the world (last time i checked.)
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2010
THE AMAKA:

OMG!!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
I'm a Schiphol lover  cheesy cheesy cheesy
the best airport in the world though, is the HONG KONG AIRPORT! that airport is beautiful and massive at the same time. rated #1 in the world (last time i checked.)

Hong Kong Airport is mad, it is built around the ocean,

Here is a pix I took when i was there

Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:23am On Mar 06, 2010
(thanks for the pic!)I LOVE HONG KONG AIRPORT!!! (even though i havent seen it yet, i know its great)
i gotta go to Hong Kong one day, just to see everything and what its like.
don't you live in China?
undecided
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 06, 2010
@FAKOKO

Do you have any more Hong Kong pix?

For some reason, it kinda reminds me of MIA
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 06, 2010
THE AMAKA:

(thanks for the pic!)I LOVE HONG KONG AIRPORT!!! (even though i havent seen it yet, i know its great)
i gotta go to Hong Kong one day, just to see everything and what its like.
don't you live in China?
undecided

yeah,  I live in china of course, tell me u don't know, Hong Kong is awesome, but Hong Kong is a very small country but it's tight! I mean u can't believe it

FL Gators:

@FAKOKO

Do you have any more Hong Kong pix?

For some reason, it kinda reminds me of MIA

Sure got few on my facebook and some on my camera

So no difference in USA and China,
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:41am On Mar 06, 2010
i forgot Hong Kong is kinda like their own country.
for some reason, this whole time, i thought you were in Lagos. lol

MORE PICS!!!! grin grin grin
(you know my aviation-loving butt won't pass up this opportunity.)
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 06, 2010
Alright

I uploaded some china pics here few months ago,

Check it out

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-126698.320.html
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by THEAMAKA(f): 2:39am On Mar 06, 2010
^^^
THANKS!!!
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 7:35am On Mar 06, 2010
faakay:

Muritala Airport is a joke man, when I got to Lagos last yr, i was like haaaaa shocked dem no fit even cut bush around the airport when planes they land, even the lane no smooth wella,

management very poor, b4 luggage comot nko, na die oo, they need to improve n change their services men, but he like say dem dey do rennovation ,

haa Beijing, that airport is crazy, imagine they built a bridge, the plane uses the bridge to take off, and taxis/cars pass underground to come to d airport haaaa china!!!!!! shocked

yup! Its crazy mhen! Bt i kip wonderin y d Beijing airport is tight n D rubbish Baiyen Airport @ GUANGZHOU is not.D Airport is jst lyk Murtala! Aint nuffin superb dere.av passed through some European Airports bt i stil Respect D Terminal 3 of D Dubai Airport! Damn! Crazy work of Architecture.it even gat Waterfall in it. Lol
Re: Omg! I Couldnt Believe My Eyez: Nigeria Is A Joke! by noblegas2(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2010
faakay:

yup! Its crazy mhen! Bt i kip wonderin y d Beijing airport is tight n D rubbish Baiyen Airport @ GUANGZHOU is not.D Airport is jst lyk Murtala! Aint nuffin superb dere.av passed through some European Airports bt i stil Respect D Terminal 3 of D Dubai Airport! Damn! Crazy work of Architecture.it even gat Waterfall in it. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Israel / Hotel Reservation / Need Help With Translation Of Passport Page To Russian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.