Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (38952 Views)

Kalashnikov Modifies AK-12 To Aid Russia's 'special Operation' In Ukraine / B-21: U.S Unveils A New Stealth Bomber / Satan 2: Russia Unveils Deadly Nuclear Missile That Can Wipe Out An Area The Siz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by oviejnr(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2017
FN Scar series Anytime
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by davillian(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2017
iamchybs:
Here we honour looters and murderers and celebrate top criminals including G boys, Ritualists and Billionaire Kidnappers. Lol

Nigeria our country grin
If you know the amount of people that has been killed with AK 47 u won't be saying this.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by dometome: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2017
actually it was the Nazis that invented Kalashnikov, they called it the stg-
44. He simply modified it and baptized it Kalashnikov
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by davillian(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2017
Adebaba1:
best assault rifle ever made, does not jam, does not overheat, shoots in water

Nicholas Cage, Lord of war
You lie.
I'm sur you've not used 1
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by osuofia2(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2017
Explorers:
A monument to Mikhail Kalashnikov, the designer of the prolific assault rifle that bears his name, has been unveiled in Moscow.

Kalashnikov died in 2013 aged 94 in the city of Izhevsk where he lived.

He was the creator of the AK-47 assault rifle, the world’s most popular firearm.

An estimated 100 million guns are spread worldwide.

Kalashnikov came up with the idea of inventing a new automatic rifle that could work in all conditions after becoming disgruntled by the Soviet weaponry as he recovered from an injury during WWII.

Eventually that led to the creation of the AK-47 short in Russian for Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947 (Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle 1947).

Known for its simplicity, the gun became a symbol for independence struggles and leftist radicals around the world during the Cold War.

Russian Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky said at the monument’s opening on Tuesday that the Kalashnikov rifle has become “Russia’s cultural brand”.

The monument in Moscow shows Kalashnikov cradling his rifle.

Kalashnikov was born into a peasant family in Siberia, began brooding about a new rifle design after being wounded in a 1941 battle against Nazi forces, and finished it in 1947.

Six months before his death at age 94, he wrote to the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, expressing regret for his role in making the world's most commonly used rifle.

The inventor wrote the tortured letter to the head of the church.

Kalashnikov insisted his “spiritual pain is unbearable.” “I keep having the same unsolved question:

If my rifle claimed people’s lives, then can it be that I…a Christian and an Orthodox believer, was to blame for their deaths?”

It’s the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4898868/Moscow-statue-unveiled-honour-gun-designer-Mikhail-Kalashnikov.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-unveils-statue-ak-47-inventor-kalashnikov-112630962.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2525444519

Explorer always posting informative topic unlike some chukuku Naira landers like Air force 1 and co
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2017
Explorers:
A monument to Mikhail Kalashnikov, the designer of the prolific assault rifle that bears his name, has been unveiled in Moscow.

Kalashnikov died in 2013 aged 94 in the city of Izhevsk where he lived.

He was the creator of the AK-47 assault rifle, the world’s most popular firearm.

An estimated 100 million guns are spread worldwide.

Kalashnikov came up with the idea of inventing a new automatic rifle that could work in all conditions after becoming disgruntled by the Soviet weaponry as he recovered from an injury during WWII.

Eventually that led to the creation of the AK-47 short in Russian for Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947 (Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle 1947).

Known for its simplicity, the gun became a symbol for independence struggles and leftist radicals around the world during the Cold War.

Russian Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky said at the monument’s opening on Tuesday that the Kalashnikov rifle has become “Russia’s cultural brand”.

The monument in Moscow shows Kalashnikov cradling his rifle.

Kalashnikov was born into a peasant family in Siberia, began brooding about a new rifle design after being wounded in a 1941 battle against Nazi forces, and finished it in 1947.

Six months before his death at age 94, he wrote to the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, expressing regret for his role in making the world's most commonly used rifle.

The inventor wrote the tortured letter to the head of the church.

Kalashnikov insisted his “spiritual pain is unbearable.” “I keep having the same unsolved question:

If my rifle claimed people’s lives, then can it be that I…a Christian and an Orthodox believer, was to blame for their deaths?”

It’s the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4898868/Moscow-statue-unveiled-honour-gun-designer-Mikhail-Kalashnikov.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-unveils-statue-ak-47-inventor-kalashnikov-112630962.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2525444519

''Kalashnikov insisted his “spiritual pain is unbearable.”

Someone made the nuclear bomb sir.

Someone threw the first nuclear bomb code named - Little boy.

Even after seeing the devastation, someone else threw a second nuclear bomb named Fat boy.

Rest in peace Sire. Ur a great man and ur invention changed the world. The Kalashnikov didn't only kill people, it saved a lot of lives too.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by buchilino(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2017
mangala14:
Inventor of death
I THINK UR BEING UNFAIR.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by iamchybs(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2017
davillian:

If you know the amount of people that has been killed with AK 47 u won't be saying this.

It has also been used to save lives
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by CaptPlanet(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2017
Russia's greatest export followed by vodka.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by CaptPlanet(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2017
masterpolyglot:
Well deserved. I have a lot of comparisons between assault rifles and honestly the AK47 has been the most rugged and consistent. Even the Americans will admit to it despite their competitive M16 and AR15 rifles. Russians are just badd... No wonder they're always on the CIA's watch out list. grin

No gun can be like the ak47. It was the main reason why the nazi cldnt invade russia, then the weather.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by iamchybs(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
ashjay001:

If u think naija is more corrupt than russia, then u need to do a lot more reading!?

We're learning, when compared to russia, in all ramifications! Political, economical, military, criminally.

Neva saying we're more corrupt or vice versa. Just saying we hardly honour inventors here...
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by davillian(m): 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
iamchybs:

It has also been used to save lives
Come let me save you with an AK47 grin grin
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by somehow: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Inventions like?
iamchybs:

Neva saying we're more corrupt or vice versa. Just saying we hardly honour inventors here...
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by cstr1000: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
BraniacX:
I disagree, if you have used them before, you'll have more confidence in Kalashnikov's in rapid fire situations
Bullshitt.
There are far better weapons now.
I would rather go to war with an FN FAL, an Israel TAVOR or the American Carbine.
Even the Russians have upgraded to something much better.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by cstr1000: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

That is the problem I have with Putin, clamping down on oppositions. But he is clamping down on corrupt officials, the Oligarchs that brought him to power have all fled Russia because he couldn't down to their tunes. I watched one video where he questioned one contractor that abandoned a project.
Putin himself is highly corrupt.
Corruption cannot fight corruption. The best you can have is a selective corruption fight just like what obtains under buhari.
The day Russia becomes truly democratic like the united states where the rule of law has no respect for persons or positions, that is when Russia begins its real fight against corruption.
It is by far the largest country in the world by land area with humongous resources, yet they are among the poorest per capital in Europe and their economy is shrinking.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Assassin101: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
G-28 Sniper rifle, my favorite

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by phoexix: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Good to know.
What the AK stands for.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
Olulinks:
You are alone broz. And of course, other kids are with you.
thank you grand pa
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
Idrismusty97:
You have been hearing AK-47 all your life and you never for once thought you should Google the meaning? Or you think the letters AK and the numbers 47 is simply for decorations? Well as long as you have learnt the meaning no problem, I learnt it long ago and still can't pronounce it well anyway.

we learn everyday bro, we aren't encyclopedias
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by richeeyo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
masterpolyglot:
Well deserved. I have a lot of comparisons between assault rifles and honestly the AK47 has been the most rugged and consistent. Even the Americans will admit to it despite their competitive M16 and AR15 rifles. Russians are just badd... No wonder they're always on the CIA's watch out list. grin
but AR 15 is more accurate
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by elopee3000(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
And afonjas will want us to believe they ve 10 million professors without producing catapult grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by lexini: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
only if the inventor of motor vehicles knew how many lives the invention has taken

only if the inventor of generator knew how many lives the invention has taken

only if the inventor of air plane knew how many lives the invention has taken

Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!

tk4rd:
Only if he knows how many lives his invention had taken

1 Like

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by musicwriter(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Once they evolved on the caucus ice and invented all types of killing machines, the world had not known peace. They used those weapons against themselves and were later to turn it on Africans, taking many to slavery. See http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by habbi080(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
tk4rd:
Only if he knows how many lives his invention had taken
Gun � do not kill,

People kill with gun �..

Cutlass and many other things can equally kill if Ak47 or other guns were not invented...
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by BraniacX(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
cstr1000:

Bullshitt.
I would rather go to war with an FN FAL, an Israel TAVOR or the American Carbine.
I'm not familiar with those and how accessible are those?
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by RaptorX: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Favorite weapon of African rebels and insurgents

1 Like

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by belindar: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
mangala14:
Inventor of death

Gun doesn't kill people. People kill people.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by EgusiShankly: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
CaptPlanet:

No gun can be like the ak47. It was the main reason why the nazi cldnt invade russia, then the weather.
the weapon was invented after the war
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Totalman1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
undecidedAnything & Everything can be useda means if Death
mangala14:
Inventor of death
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
cstr1000:

Bullshitt.
I've fired the weapons you mentioned and I can tell you AK47 beats them, when talking about weapons don't even mention FN FAL.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by michaelwilli(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Idrismusty97:
You have been hearing AK-47 all your life and you never for once thought you should Google the meaning? Or you think the letters AK and the numbers 47 is simply for decorations? Well as long as you have learnt the meaning no problem, I learnt it long ago and still can't pronounce it well anyway.
Sharapp pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) / Azerbaijan President Appoints His Wife As Vice President (Photos) / John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.