Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (38963 Views)

Kalashnikov Modifies AK-12 To Aid Russia's 'special Operation' In Ukraine / B-21: U.S Unveils A New Stealth Bomber / Satan 2: Russia Unveils Deadly Nuclear Missile That Can Wipe Out An Area The Siz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by CaptPlanet(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
EgusiShankly:
the weapon was invented after the war

Yes you're right.

I mixed it all up with the uprising in Budapest, Hungary.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by adedayourt(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
tk4rd:
Only if he knows how many lives his invention had taken

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. . . . . . .
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by UfuomaUN(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
CaptPlanet:

No gun can be like the ak47. It was the main reason why the nazi cldnt invade russia, then the weather.

The AK 47 is a post WW2 weapon.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by adedayourt(m): 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Idrismusty97:
You have been hearing AK-47 all your life and you never for once thought you should Google the meaning? Or you think the letters AK and the numbers 47 is simply for decorations? Well as long as you have learnt the meaning no problem, I learnt it long ago and still can't pronounce it well anyway.

Ur point exactly? ?
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Just30: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
cstr1000:

Putin himself is highly corrupt.
Corruption cannot fight corruption. The best you can have is a selective corruption fight just like what obtains under buhari.
The day Russia becomes truly democratic like the united states where the rule of law has no respect for persons or positions, that is when Russia begins its real fight against corruption.
It is by far the largest country in the world by land area with humongous resources, yet they are among the poorest per capital in Europe and their economy is shrinking.
the last time I checked
The US was one of the most corrupt countries in the world where corruption is selectively fought as well
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by gemale(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
masterpolyglot:
Well deserved. I have a lot of comparisons between assault rifles and honestly the AK47 has been the most rugged and consistent. Even the Americans will admit to it despite their competitive M16 and AR15 rifles. Russians are just badd... No wonder they're always on the CIA's watch out list. grin
Yes the AK-47 is a timeless rifle but still americans make better weapons in terms of quality of parts & hardware. The AK can take a lot of assault & lack of care but that would inevitably affect its performance. If an american made weapon is well maintained, it can last for ages & still perform optimally. There are still a lot of winchester rifles made in the 1800s that still fire as if it's still brand new. Also, an m-16 or m-4 seem to have better recoil control than the AK47 & can be fitted with silencers if the shooter wishes. I don't think AK47s have that feature hence its can't be employed for covert purposes.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Just30: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
CaptPlanet:
Russia's greatest export followed by vodka.
there more countries producing that weapon than Russia itself
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by macanu(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yyeske:
IPOB miscreants won't like this because some of them were used against them in Aba, Umuahia and PH.
The man is an aboki and afonja combined

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by gemale(m): 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
EgusiShankly:
the weapon was invented after the war
I heard a rumour that he approached his superiors for support to start producing during the war but was ignored. If that was true, it was unfortunate because Russia had the heaviest casualties in world war 2. It could have reduced their loss significantly.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by CaptPlanet(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
UfuomaUN:

The AK 47 is a post WW2 weapon.

Acknowledged. I mixed it up with the up the budapest uprising. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by CaptPlanet(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
Just30:
there more countries producing that weapon than Russia itself

Sure but it was invented in russia. Those countries got licences to reproduce.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by EgusiShankly: 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
gemale:

I heard a rumour that he approached his superiors for support to start producing during the war but was ignored. If that was true, it was unfortunate because Russia had the heaviest casualties in world war 2. It could have reduced their loss significantly.
you are right... I think they had more casualties because they were directly more involved in the war
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
gemale:

Yes the AK-47 is a timeless rifle but still americans make better weapons in terms of quality of parts & hardware. The AK can take a lot of assault & lack of care but that would inevitably affect its performance. If an american made weapon is well maintained, it can last for ages & still perform optimally. There are still a lot of winchester rifles made in the 1800s that still fire as if it's still brand new. Also, an m-16 or m-4 seem to have better recoil control than the AK47 & can be fitted with silencers if the shooter wishes. I don't think AK47s have that feature hence its can't be employed for covert purposes.

Yea well, too bad that only the most relevant details are considered when making comparisons. The ruggedness of the AK is first class, no doubt. The way it's proliferated in Nigeria by the Nigerian Police shows its a well built machine. It's also more or less an open source weapon because the variants are manufactured all over the world. Even here in Nigeria, we have our version of AK47.

I'm just happy that Avtomat Kalashnikova is getting the recognition he deserves.
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by BininKingdom: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Even prophet Muhammad used AK-47
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by Just30: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Sure but it was invented in russia. Those countries got licences to reproduce.
so the majority are not made in Russia
Even the US government buys and arm terrorist with them
Re: Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) by idu1(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) / Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment / Azerbaijan President Appoints His Wife As Vice President (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.