Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) (1018 Views)

Are Nigerians Born Selfish And Are They Thieves From Birth? / Misau Mocks Presidency, APC: You Should Be Ashamed Of Indicting Buhari / Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Nnemuka(f): 7:45am On Sep 20, 2017
My Dad graduated from Federal Government College, Warri in 1972. He told me a lot about Unity schools of the yester years. Fast-forward to 1993 and 1996, my parents couldn't find any suitable unity school for my elder sisters. In my Dad's words, "Unity schools are living on past glory".

In 1999, I was in primary 6. I wrote the Federal common entrance, and emerged with flying colours. I came second in my twin local government, Ika South and Ika North LGAs of Delta State.

I was so desperate to go to a Unity school. My Dad had filled my ears with tales of how wonderful and prestigious Unity schools are. I got admission into three of them on merit; FGGC Ibusa, FGGC Benin, and FGGC Kabba.

I chose to go to Kabba, and till date, I still cannot correlate my experience at FGGC Kabba to the stories my Dad told me about Unity schools. It's either my Dad wasn't telling me the whole truth, or something went wrong somewhere.

The older generations had it good. And in less than three decades, they destroyed it for us.

My Dad graduated from university of Benin in 1976. He told me how each person used to eat half a chicken every Sunday. He told me about the quality of education then, which was comparable to global standard. As young as Nigeria was then, she could afford much better than she can now.

But fast-forward to years later, my parents couldn't find any University within the country which they considered "good enough", for us their children to attend.

In the 1970s and even upto mid 1980s, naira had more value than the US dollars. Today, a dollar is equal to 350 naira.

The colonial masters managed Nigeria better than these greedy old men have done over the decades. It has always been about their pockets, bank accounts and stomachs.

Shame on the generation of Nigerians born between the 1930s and 1960s. A vast majority of you do not deserve anything good. You people destroyed this country.

No, no, no!
The words of our fathers are NOT the words of wisdom. The words of our fathers are stupid words. Their words and thoughts � over the years have left this country in shambles.

What an old Nigerian sees while sitting, climbing an iroko tree wouldn't save a young Nigerian from bearing the consequences for decades.

I don't take the advice of older Nigerians seriously. If they are as wise as the try to make us believe, this country which has been under their care for decades wouldn't be this messed up.

My Dad is in his 60s, and each time we have a heart-to-heart chat about the state of our country, I always tell him that his generation destroyed this country. And when we debate deeply, I give him enough reasons to make him reluctantly agree with me.

Nigerians born between 1930s and 1960s should cover their faces in shame, for those generations of humans are the architects of our plights as a nation.

They think our generation, the younger generations are bad and unwise. Quite laughable!
Whatever bad habit we have, we learnt from them. They raised us!

Most of our few good habits are borne our of desperation not to be as stupid as the older generations have been.
The younger generations of Nigerians, and I mean those born after 1970 are victims of the older generations. Not only did they raise us so badly, we are going to spend most of our lives suffering for their mistakes, greed, selfishness, corruption, mismanagement, ignorance, wickedness, negligence, and blatant idiocy.

Our generation will spend decades cleaning up their mess. If we don't brace up, it will only get worse. And 40years from now, the coming generations will blame us. We will have to explain to them why we didn't start cleaning up the mess earlier; why we had to let it deteriorate even more, piling up more messes for them to clean up.

I just wish these old men would leave these offices for us. They've been there for decades. They should just get out and make way for us to start cleaning up their shits. But no, they won't. That's how a person who failed as a head of state in the 1980s came back as the president in 2015, and is failing again.

Elderly people from most other saner climes worked so hard to leave the country better than they met it. They worked hard to make sure the younger generations have it better. But older generations of Nigerians did the exact opposite. They couldn't even give us the quality they had. They have made the country hell for us.

They robbed us of the joy and pride of citizenship.

Shame on them!

Nigeria has never given me anything to be proud to be Nigerian.

All Rights Reserved, © Nkechi Bianze.

source: https://web.facebook.com/nkechi.bianze/posts/10156536375312195

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by policy12: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2017
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by GiantParrot(m): 7:48am On Sep 20, 2017
Well said!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by ElSherriff: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2017
The next time you wanna come here stating the obvious, try telling us exactly what you doing to spare your kids these sorry tales when they grow up too. BTW, you sure your peeps never pinched nothing from the system? In my day, there was just one choice for school, the cheapest! You peeps having choices like they have a bleeping stash somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Nnemuka(f): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2017
ElSherriff:
The next time you wanna come here stating the obvious, try telling us exactly what you doing to spare your kids these sorry tales when they grow up too. BTW, you sure your peeps never pinched nothing from the system? In my day, there was just one choice for school, the cheapest! You peeps having choices like they have a bleeping stash somewhere.
Dont be silly, did you read the post at all?? or you were busy trying to comment on front page instead of being smart in your write up.
Did you not see where she stated categorically that her dad inclusive was part of people who messed the system up by destroying everything that was handed over by the colonial masters?
Read bro Read. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by god2good: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2017
Another one but wise words!
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by GoldNiagara(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2017
Nnemuka:

My Dad graduated from Federal Government College, Warri in 1972. He told me a lot about Unity schools of the yester years. Fast-forward to 1993 and 1996, my parents couldn't find any suitable unity school for my elder sisters. In my Dad's words, "Unity schools are living on past glory".

In 1999, I was in primary 6. I wrote the Federal common entrance, and emerged with flying colours. I came second in my twin local government, Ika South and Ika North LGAs of Delta State.

I was so desperate to go to a Unity school. My Dad had filled my ears with tales of how wonderful and prestigious Unity schools are. I got admission into three of them on merit; FGGC Ibusa, FGGC Benin, and FGGC Kabba.

I chose to go to Kabba, and till date, I still cannot correlate my experience at FGGC Kabba to the stories my Dad told me about Unity schools. It's either my Dad wasn't telling me the whole truth, or something went wrong somewhere.

The older generations had it good. And in less than three decades, they destroyed it for us.

My Dad graduated from university of Benin in 1976. He told me how each person used to eat half a chicken every Sunday. He told me about the quality of education then, which was comparable to global standard. As young as Nigeria was then, she could afford much better than she can now.

But fast-forward to years later, my parents couldn't find any University within the country which they considered "good enough", for us their children to attend.

In the 1970s and even upto mid 1980s, naira had more value than the US dollars. Today, a dollar is equal to 350 naira.

The colonial masters managed Nigeria better than these greedy old men have done over the decades. It has always been about their pockets, bank accounts and stomachs.

Shame on the generation of Nigerians born between the 1930s and 1960s. A vast majority of you do not deserve anything good. You people destroyed this country.

No, no, no!
The words of our fathers are NOT the words of wisdom. The words of our fathers are stupid words. Their words and thoughts � over the years have left this country in shambles.

What an old Nigerian sees while sitting, climbing an iroko tree wouldn't save a young Nigerian from bearing the consequences for decades.

I don't take the advice of older Nigerians seriously. If they are as wise as the try to make us believe, this country which has been under their care for decades wouldn't be this messed up.

My Dad is in his 60s, and each time we have a heart-to-heart chat about the state of our country, I always tell him that his generation destroyed this country. And when we debate deeply, I give him enough reasons to make him reluctantly agree with me.

Nigerians born between 1930s and 1960s should cover their faces in shame, for those generations of humans are the architects of our plights as a nation.

They think our generation, the younger generations are bad and unwise. Quite laughable!
Whatever bad habit we have, we learnt from them. They raised us!

Most of our few good habits are borne our of desperation not to be as stupid as the older generations have been.
The younger generations of Nigerians, and I mean those born after 1970 are victims of the older generations. Not only did they raise us so badly, we are going to spend most of our lives suffering for their mistakes, greed, selfishness, corruption, mismanagement, ignorance, wickedness, negligence, and blatant idiocy.

Our generation will spend decades cleaning up their mess. If we don't brace up, it will only get worse. And 40years from now, the coming generations will blame us. We will have to explain to them why we didn't start cleaning up the mess earlier; why we had to let it deteriorate even more, piling up more messes for them to clean up.

I just wish these old men would leave these offices for us. They've been there for decades. They should just get out and make way for us to start cleaning up their shits. But no, they won't. That's how a person who failed as a head of state in the 1980s came back as the president in 2015, and is failing again.

Elderly people from most other saner climes worked so hard to leave the country better than they met it. They worked hard to make sure the younger generations have it better. But older generations of Nigerians did the exact opposite. They couldn't even give us the quality they had. They have made the country hell for us.

They robbed us of the joy and pride of citizenship.

Shame on them!

Nigeria has never given me anything to be proud to be Nigerian.

All Rights Reserved, © Nkechi Bianze.

source: https://web.facebook.com/nkechi.bianze/posts/10156536375312195

Now what are we leaving for generation unborn, accusing fingers.
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by ElSherriff: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2017
Read through my post again John reader, where did I say she absorbed her dada of no offence against the system? I only asked what she doing to right the wrongs so her kids don't hear these tales again. Ain't being silly, you are silly. No question.

Nnemuka:

Dont be silly, did you read the post at all?? or you were busy trying to comment on front page instead of being smart in your write up.
Did you not see where she stated categorically that her dad inclusive was part of people who messed the system up by destroying everything that was handed over by the colonial masters?
Read bro Read. sad sad
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2017
Nnemuka: That's how a person who failed as a [head of state in the 1980s came back as the president in 2015, and is failing again.

She could'nt resist it.
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by ITbomb(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2017
This is one of the reasons we don't have a culture.
Our fathers abandoned our culture to take a white man culture they were not conversant with and just messed up everything leaving us with nothing to build on

Unfortunately they are still in power still having the archaic thinking that the fight for land is top priority while other countries are fighting for technology

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Desyner: 8:38am On Sep 20, 2017
The Generation that institutionalized secret cliques. Big shame they came into power at a young age but won't let go.
You tell me if someone takes away your happiness and in return gives you demonic happiness what good is it of.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Nnemuka(f): 9:34am On Sep 20, 2017
Desyner:
The Generation that institutionalized secret cliques. Big shame they came into power at a young age but won't let go.
You tell me if someone takes away your happiness and in return gives you demonic happiness what good is it of.
Exactly, they came into power at a young age (as young as 30years) destroyed everything and have refused to hands off...
Seems we are doomed already and cant do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by baralatie(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2017
Have respect for your elders!

if you are good in the little in hour hand the elders will invite you to give a good advice but a young man that goes about cursing elders what will happen?
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Desyner: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2017
Nnemuka:

Exactly, they came into power at a young age (as young as 30years) destroyed everything and have refused to hands off...
Seems we are doomed already and cant do anything about it.
I await the day some 20 & 30-something year old officers do what they did to their superior to them.
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by oladeebo: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=Nnemuka post=60640624][/quote]
Nnemuka shame on you!
why?
do you thoroughly research the reality of I930 to 1960?
ok!
till 1960 only 5% of Nigerian population can read and write!
many were unclad!
living in thatches hut!
The only occupation available is farming!
Who access to money like nowadays?
Having lady to marry is another thing entirely, women were scarce!
To have a family is not an easy job!
White education is not welcome in every community, and it's not available nearer!
been educated then is a serious issue!
The colonial administration handed this nation to this 5% elites of that time, and precisely the politicians among them which I may estimate not more than 1/3 of this 5%!
So why generalize your blame on all of them?
And Why you yourself didn't share on that blame?
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Xb4Real: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2017
I thought I was alone on that opinion. They're the problem with this failed system called a country. They met this country in good shape but left it in shamble.
PATHETIC
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by oladeebo: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2017
Xb4Real:
I thought I was alone on that opinion. They're the problem with this failed system called a country. They met this country in good shape but left it in shamble.
PATHETIC
but why were you backing them calling for restructure?
Re: Why Nigerians Born Between 1930s And 1960s Should Be Ashamed (nkechi Bianze) by Nnemuka(f): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2017
What are you people trying to say? angry
baralatie:
Have respect for your elders!

if you are good in the little in hour hand the elders will invite you to give a good advice but a young man that goes about cursing elders what will happen?

oladeebo:

Nnemuka shame on you!
why?
do you thoroughly research the reality of I930 to 1960?
ok!
till 1960 only 5% of Nigerian population can read and write!
many were unclad!
living in thatches hut!
The only occupation available is farming!
Who access to money like nowadays?
Having lady to marry is another thing entirely, women were scarce!
To have a family is not an easy job!
White education is not welcome in every community, and it's not available nearer!
been educated then is a serious issue!
The colonial administration handed this nation to this 5% elites of that time, and precisely the politicians among them which I may estimate not more than 1/3 of this 5%!
So why generalize your blame on all of them?
And Why you yourself didn't share on that blame?

(1) (Reply)

What Atiku Need To Do to Win 2019 Election / Photos From Gov Fayose's Declaration President In 2019 / Reasons Every Southerner Must Support Buhari's 2019 Ambition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.