Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness (16321 Views)

We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors / Fulani Herdsmen Make Fresh Demands From FG, Northern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Blue3k(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Lol this too much.

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by najib41: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
True! Most atimes I wonder y they always blame the FG for meager things like roads n infrastructures d state govt should b providing. Go to Sokoto n see roads dat d state govt commissioned. Forgetting that there r Trunk A B & C roads. The FG is only concerned with Federal roads linking states n regions. Afterall, they have more allocation than most of the norther states. Still no good infrastructures and social facilities
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Baroba(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
Amarabae:
Backwardness?
Lol,
in terms of human development index, North and South East which one is ahead?
Sorry southeast is not an idp region!

Nne, some threads are not worth commenting on, don't mind the clown..
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Chyxki: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
No need for south-easterners to get defensive.... the northern governors have a reasonable message here!
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Ugosample(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Did you guys read the article?
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by bejeria101(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
And your region is any better?
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by toye440: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
i just pity Yoruba's wey they marry them. Nigerians r deemed bad ppl and corrupt today because of our jewish exploits.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Nairalandboss: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Nairalandboss: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
lollypeezle:
If you are looking for Likes and Shares, post your nude on facebook and stop showing your childish self here
Wow, what a rude nonentity?
Wanted to reply you but seeing your profile as a GAMBLER AND PONZI SHAMER, I concluded you are a kind of person that haven't seen anything meaningful to do with his life. Then what should I expect from someone like you?

A dumm response shouldn't be a surprise
MMM has disappointed you, I guess?
You can take the advise since I am not ready to welcome your stupid and needless suggestion

4 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by UfuomaUN(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
For a tribe that had to begin from the scratch after the civil war and the lowest FAAC in the country, I'd say they've done beyond expectations. No city in the east was rebuilt by the govt after the war.

The North on the other hand look like an extension of the wilderness of Jericho where John the Baptist almost died of thirst.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by JikanBaura(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
achi4u:
But Northern Nigeria is the poorest region of the country.

It is not our Governor's problem but the negligence of the FG
we are the poorest atleast we are going forward cheesy We have better roads, hospitals, better schools, better infrastructures than your backward going region/states grin

Looking by the pace your states are going backward smiley before end of this decade . No will be no martch to us in every terms. Keep shouting biafra grin Dolo
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Angelovic96: 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Danielmoore:
As if their region is any better

my dear if u talk federal presence it is 100%&1 seen when u visit the north. I am from the east thank God it's coming from the northern governors at least the once in the east will open their eyes. just imagine no go federal road in the whole of the east.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Autoeng: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cool
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Autoeng: 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
]
Lol
Boss, the guy no get manner na, Na him for take that advise because MMM don fail am grin cheesy
But lollypeezle you funny Ooh, posting MMM is back in the politics section grin cheesy shocked

Ponzi scheme no pay una no hia

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by obibanks: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't think people understand what the northern governors are saying. Infrastructural growth through the help of government has been low compared to that of northern states. Anybody that has been to the north will confirm they have better federal roads, infrastructural provisions and other necessities than we in the south. It's just that an average southerner always putsmore effort to improve his personal life than an average northerner
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by lailo: 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
krendo:
Lol not sure how this people measure backwardness but the last time I checked according to all international metrics the North is more backward than the south

There is more poverty and illiteracy in the North than the south east, these is more diseases and epidemic in the North than the south east

So northern governors are in no position to lecture anyone on backwardness!
so if southeast is more developed than north then why are the southeasterners now d ones shouting marginalized? is it not supposed to be d north? That makes me believe that d Igbos are Neva contented.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by nextstep(m): 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
So the North is more backward... Should we pat ourselves on the back? The truth has been said; even though we are ahead of the north, we still have infrastructure and economy problems in the SE and SS. We acknowledge our good governors and also castigate bad ones.

Our roads are poor, schools lacking, no jobs, awful hospitals, etc.

Instead of comparing who is more backward this should ginger us to hold our own leaders accountable and to develop to the point where this statement can no longer be made.

Our gold standard is London, not Lafia

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by baman22(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
stanluiz:
Backwardness northern governors should shut up south east is not backward.
Then why the agitation by IPOB?
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Badonasty(m): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
nwakibie3:
Northern governors have blamed Igbo politicians for the problems of infrastructure and underdevelopment in the South East.

They insited that the por paerformance of the zone’s men in positions of authority in the past was responsible for the situation and not because of marginalisation

The visiting governors led by Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima, who is also chairman of Northern Governors’ Forum, decried the poor state of major roads in the Southeast, but said politicians from the zone “are only interested in pocketing the resources that would have been used in developing the zone at the detriment of the people”.

They spoke in Owerri, the Imo State capital, during a meeting with Igbo and Hausa leaders at the Government House.

The governors rounded off their truce tour which took off in Port Harcourt on Monday, moved to Umuahia, the Abia State capital, before arriving in Owerri.

They met with Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers) and Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia).

They noted that the challenges in the Southeast was not as a result of marginalisation as erroneously believed, arguing that Igbo had occupied exalted positions like Secretary to the Government (SGF) of the Federation, Senate President and many others but the occupiers of those positions rather used them for ephemeral and selfish gains.

“You can take for instance the case of Nnamdi Kanu who is an ordinary criminal. When he was arrested, senators from the Southeast were falling head over heels to bail him for what they could gain at the detriment of national unity and peaceful coexistence”, Shettima stated.

The governors who were on tour of South-South and Southeast states to douse the tension created by the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the quit notice on the Igbo by the Arewa youths, insisted that the challenges confronting the country were created by the elite for personal aggrandisements.

With Shettima were: Governors Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Sokoto), Simon Lalong (Plateau) and Bello Masari (Katsina).

Shettima added: “The problem of Nigeria is we the elite who are fanning the embers of hatred and disunity for selfish reasons. The country is passing through a grim and sober moment and by working together, we can get Nigeria to work again.

“We are here to thank our colleagues in the Southeast for standing on the part of peace and national unity. All we need is tolerance, justice and generosity of mind to move the country forward”.

The Northern Governors commended the Imo State governor for his “uncommon and consistent” support for the unity of the nation. They described him as a detribalised Nigerian.

“Governor Okorocha has been dehumanised and branded all sorts of names for insisting on one indivisible Nigeria but he has remained unshaken in his faith in the unity of the country. We salute his sense of patriotism and his style of leadership, he is the kind of leader that Nigeria needs.”

Tambuwal said “Nigeria is not a mistake. Nigeria is a special creation we all must continue to strive to make it work. And for us to continue to coexist harmoniously, we must have respect for each other. We must respect each others’ culture because respect begets respect”.

CC:
lalasticlala
mynd44

http://thenationonlineng.net/northern-governors-blame-southeast-politicians-for-zones-backwardness/

Shettima just dey abuse theses ones up and down
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by thewin002: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
I thank God for yesterday's (19/09/2017) big win and big Congratulations to everyone that participated in yesterday's big win. Settle your debts today and thank me later.
See images below for more..

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by obryneblaque: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
For your web design and blog account opening
Contact this number (07086100374)
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by achi4u(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
JikanBaura:
we are the poorest atleast we are going forward cheesy We have better roads, hospitals, better schools, better infrastructures than your backward going region/states grin

Looking by the pace your states are going backward smiley before end of this decade . No will be no martch to us in every terms. Keep shouting biafra grin Dolo
You seems not to hear me out...

I said 'the Northern part of Nigeria is very poor in all human indexes' did it sink well this time?
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by deomelo: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
The North is not in great place to talk about development and backwardness because they are guilty of the same thing, but they are perfectly right about SE leaders and their gross incompetence which I've detailed on NL so many times.

The SE scream and yell marginalization everyday while other states are commissioning projects left and right when in fact SE just like many states in Nigeria collects taxes an allocations, but you hardly see them commission anything.

If they want us to believe the fact that they are being marginalized in favor of other parts of Nigeria, they have to prove to us that what's missing in their states is or are available in Kebbi, Jigawa, Taraba, Ekiti, Osun, Yola, Bauchi, Adamawa, Oyo, Ogun and so on. They can not prove or show us any evidence.

I posted the key points below just a few days ago and it's not any different from what these northern governors are saying.

1. Marginalization is in the eyes of the beholder.

2. During the last administration, ibo people did not see or hear anything about marginalization because they were content and satisfied with the man and the party they love and voted for and even dominated that administration with their sons and daughters in the cabinet and all over the agencies as directors and so on.

3. You mentioned airports. Stella Oduah, ibo daughter of the soil was not only a mover and shaker in that administration, she was the aviation minister with billions of dollars at her disposal including billions in Chinese loans for airport construction and renovation.

4. The question is, why didn't she use her influence to build a new airport from scratch in the SE instead of refurbishing the old landing strip they mislabeled international airport to deceive SE'ners.

5. You sons and daughters are part of every administration in Nigeria so if it is your believe that the FG is marginalizing you, it means your own sons and daughters as part of that administration are marginalizing you also since they did not lift a finger to direct federal projects and infrastructures to your their regions.

6. Your elected and appointed leaders at the federal level are responsible for your region, it is their job to direct federal projects to your region so hold them accountable instead of blaming and crucifying people in other regions. The people in other regions are not obligated to look out for you because they are sent there to look out for their own people.

7. Still on airports. You can build all the airports you want in every corner of SE, it won't matter or improve anything because market forces, supply and demand dictates where and how people do business and make money. The fact that I have 2 airports, 1 in front of mu house and another in the back of my house doesn't mean anything unless I have huge market and buying population with disposable income to sell to.

8. There's more to doing business and economic activities than airport and we can see this already with the international airport they already have in that region. Why are ibo business people all over Nigeria taking advantage of that airport to boost economic activities in that region?

The demand is not there because your business people don't see any economic advantage in that region. PERIOD.

9. Still on airport.

If airports are so important to that region, why are the governors in that region not joining forces together to build their own airport? Must the FG build airports for you especially when other states are building their own themselves?

You want us to believe that you are the richest, you are the smartest and you own everything in Nigeria, but you still can not build ordinary airport or construct a little 2nd NB yourself and you are the one shouting marginalization.

10. [img]http://1.bp..com/-H72rpxqQ0Ts/VEaeT37YYAI/AAAAAAABObs/2NHgV7XMPvc/s1600/c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-9j_I5fhJES0/VEaeF2gE8nI/AAAAAAABOak/012Tmpfl7fc/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

This is Dutse international airport, built by the state government.

These are the same Hausa people you love to hate and abuse, but they are showing that they are more capable than you at the state level.

They are moving ahead without siting around like lazy people shouting marginalization.

The state governors in the East collects taxes and allocations just like the rest of Nigeria so when was the last time the average ibo man ask their state governors what they did or are doing with their taxes and allocations?

Never, they don't ask their leaders for anything because they've been mentally programmed that it is the job of the FG to do everything for them and people from other regions in the FG are the bad people denying them everything. They will kill themselves over Osun state and demand accountability from Aregbe before asking their own leaders anything even thought the same Aregbe is building his own state airport even though it's taking him forever to complete, but he has the vision and audacity to start construction instead of crying marginalization.

Your future should be in your own hand, not in other people's hands

Marginalization is what lazy and incompetent people shout to divert away from their laziness and incompetence.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
krendo:
Lol not sure how this people measure backwardness but the last time I checked according to all international metrics the North is more backward than the south

There is more poverty and illiteracy in the North than the south east, these is more diseases and epidemic in the North than the south east

So northern governors are in no position to lecture anyone on backwardness!

If you had cared to read carefully before rushing to conclusion, you would noticed that the key words used were Infrastructural Development and nothing more.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by princessayesha(f): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Useless hipocrytes grin so they know their states are better than Northern states but they always blame the north for their misfortunes....lemme continue reading comments grin
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Dare2Try(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Well Dem no step into bayelsa,akwa ibom & delta that's good nothing concern us with their visit to Port Harcourt
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by darediamond(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
jomonic:
One thing that stand out is the determination of the north to keep the status quo. I observe that they are very ready to go all the way including turning Nigeria to Syria if need be. Majority of our people are yet to understand this.
May God bless you for this deep secret you revealed.
North is after resources in the South and the only way to take it is to effectively make the Youths there Powerless by using Federal System instead of Regional Government System where youths in each Region will have at least 60% say in how they are Ruled.

But for how long can this Violent Parasitic Northerners keep that Destructive Statis Quo?

Never did they know there time is up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Halo22: 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Well on one side he was saying the truth cos our leaders from SE always take advantage of their positions to embezzle wealth. But I don't understand what the man means by underdevelopment, cos the last time I checked, NE was one of the most underdeveloped regions in Africa.
Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by Arielle: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
tonquendo4u:
Summarily,politicians has failed us. They fuel disunity for their own personal gains. We shout marginalization but we have people in govt. Have u ever asked ur governor what he does with ur taxes and allocations? Have u asked ur senators what they do with our constituency allowances? Have u ever asked ur local govt chair leaders what they do with our part of allocations? No. We see it as normal. And we shout marginalization. I think d problem with Nigeria is misplaced priorities. They fuel disunity and distract us so they can loot. But 1 thing is common among d poor in Nigeria...Hunger. Everything is at d detriment of d poor. And d poor in Hausa will b used to fight d poor in Igbo. Why can't we wisen up? Northern politicians have failed their people. Same with southern politicians. If d masses can unite,they all will buckle up.
Don't waste your breath my brother. Nigerians will never change. And we will continue to be s(rewed over by politicians and rulers, northern and southern equally. These guys are united in their theivery, squandermania and rape of this country. Between them there is no religious or ethnic divide. They know they can depend on the rest of us to continue fighting each other while they continue their kleptomania. Nigeria is a lost cause, sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness by uzoexcel(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
lol....this s hilarious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: SWAGA Says No To APC Consensus Candidacy / Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court / Osita Okechukwu: Tinubu Will Win By 60 Per Cent In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.