Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Short Story: I Died At 9:45am - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Short Story: I Died At 9:45am (859 Views)

I Died And Living Far From Home / I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story: I Died At 9:45am by Convos: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
My brother in-law Emeka sat on the other end of the dinning table. His face had become reddened as he kept sniffing and blowing his nose into a checkered handkerchief, as if his nose had become a broken water pipe.

“Brother, easy o. Take Procold before you give all of us your catarrh,” I teased. A weak smile flashed across his red, bloated face.

From across the table where I sat directly opposite him, I noticed my brother in-law cast a furtive glance at me every now and then. It made me feel uncomfortable, so I moved the groceries from the dinning table to the kitchen.

I whistled joyfully in the kitchen while cutting each okra into halves and smaller pieces. I’d purchased them earlier in the day at the local market in Upper Iweka. Okra soup was a special delicacy loved by my husband, Nkem. This meal would probably be the ‘last’ I’d prepare for him before leaving for the hospital tomorrow, in preparation for the delivery of our baby – our first much awaited bundle of joy.

The doctor said I should be due for delivery by tomorrow or next. And because Nkem was a terrible cook, I couldn’t bear to leave him without any meal while I stayed in hospital.

The chime clock struck 10pm. Nkem wasn’t home yet. Maybe he was held up at the usual Onitsha, Niger bridge traffic. I dialed his...

CONTINUE READING HERE... http://thenakedconvos.com/unmended-heart-part-1/
Re: Short Story: I Died At 9:45am by Convos: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Read
Re: Short Story: I Died At 9:45am by Convos: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Read...
Re: Short Story: I Died At 9:45am by Convos: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
Continue
Re: Short Story: I Died At 9:45am by Convos: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Read..

(1) (Reply)

Would You Employ A Weekend Help? / God Please Grant Me This Miracle & Give Me My Ebony Back”–ebony’s Mum Cries / Seeking A Bisexual Lady For Friendship And Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.