Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34236 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by johnime: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Father Cries As He Gives Out His Daughter In Marriage - States Emotional Reason / Loaves Of Bread And Crates Of Eggs Shared As Souvenir At Nigerian Party (Video) / How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.