Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Nigerian Court Grants Injunction Proscribing IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Court Grants Injunction Proscribing IPOB (455 Views)

Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / IPOB Press Release: Judge Runs Away After Proscribing IPOB / Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Nigerian Court Grants Injunction Proscribing IPOB by Blue3k(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday granted the Nigerian Government an interim injunction proscribing the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

The acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Abdul Kafarati, granted the injunction.

The Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, had filed an exparte application urging the court to grant the injunction.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier given written approval for the proscription of the group, pending legal process.

Governors of the Southeast states took the first step to ban the activities of the group after the military had declared it a militant terrorist group.

But the decisions drew widespread condemnation, with many accusing the government of not following due process.

The military later reversed itself, denying it had declared the group a terrorist organization.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243750-nigerian-court-grants-injunction-proscribing-ipob.html,
Re: Nigerian Court Grants Injunction Proscribing IPOB by Blue3k(m): 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
That was quick
Re: Nigerian Court Grants Injunction Proscribing IPOB by Mynd44: 12:11am On Sep 21, 2017

(1)

The Military Gives Reason for Launching Operation Crocodile Smile In South West / Where Is Babachir Lawal? / No Matter How Hard I Try, If I Move To APC, My Soul Will Not Follow Me - Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.