Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post (659 Views)

Submit Your Site Rss Feeds Here For My Members View / How To Integrate Forum To Your Existing Website / Adding Your Website/forum To Nigeria News Paper Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by triplee02(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2010
Pls help me. My server is going crazy. How can i move it to another server without loosing my members and post. Also can i upgrade the forum and still retain my members. Am using simple machine forum 1.11.
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by mrperfect(m): 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2010
Visit SMF forum they have a alot of ways to assist you there
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2010
First back up you database. Anyway post your question on www.appiiforum.com and we can give it a shot
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
Eawealth, couldn't u have commented with out making <a href> to Appiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Forum!!!
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by DualCore1: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2010
If you are running WHM/cPanel and have full SSH access on both servers, I will do it for you at no cost. wink

If all you have is cPanel on the server you're hosted on and the account u are moving to is also on cPanel, you can do a cPanel backup/restore procedure, google is very rich with resources on how to do this.

In fact just type the first 9 words of this thread's topic in google and you should get results smiley
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Dualcore. Could you not made your contribution without a smile tongue grin
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
Sorry guys for that behaviour of minesmiley
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
lol. No shit man. But could't u have made ur appology without this character
-> smiley

grin
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by DualCore1: 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
Donpuzo, you got issues with smiling faces?
Re: How Can I Move My Forum To Another Server Without Lossing My Members And Post by SamMilla1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2010
@op

have you resolved this issue ?

(1) (Reply)

Creative Web Developer/programmer Wanted At Fastecash / Domain Hosting At Vitesintegrated.com Now Cost N1000 Per Year / Pls Help With Php Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.