Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,300 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Can I Change My BVN Picture? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (27269 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Can I Open Another Bank Account, My BVN Is Linked To So Many Old, Huge Debts / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by linearity: 1:33am On Jun 04, 2018
linearity:
You lack comprehension and ability to analyze things and infer likely occurrence:

Let me break it down for you in ABC format:
A. fraudsters obtain the BVN, account & BIO info of a customer either through online phishing, clicking-jacking, XSS attack or through lost of wallet, robbery, etc.

B. Frausters enters Oluwole, to make an authentic looking ID with the victiim's BIO data/contact but with frauster's picture.

C. Approach the Bank about some 'wrong BVN' data that need to be changed...The bank changes the info and they now have not only to the victim's current account, but all accounts in any bank and future accounts.

That's it in ABC. They can also do all of the above through an innocent proxy under their control and who must have been incentivized, this way they can maintain a degree of separation...Even with their pictures on file, it will be difficult to catch them after the crime has been committed, because the Authorities wouldn't know their name or address.

Read more on identity thief, there many more scenarios....google is your friend!

kirchofff:
like seriously, you're senseless. so u claim I stole someone else's bvn number that has my "name" and "date of birth" really? so u can easily find someone who has your real name and date of birth? you're too dumb.

Firstly, I never claimed you stole someone's BVN, read through my post re-produced above. I simply gave you a scenario and the reason the Bank rightly turned you down, when you tried changing the picture. I gave you a likely loophole in your request, through which fraud can be perfected and why the Bank will want to err of the side of caution.

Secondly, I don't know you from Adam, and there is no way of me telling if you stole it or not. The bank that even knew you more than me, were suspicious of your request, hence they denied it. Had they been 100% positive, Customers' BVN information are not susceptible to fraudulent take overs through the activities you wanted them to perform, they would not have put the safe guide of rejecting your request in their policies.

Lastly, this comment of yours "..so u can easily find someone who has your real name and date of birth? you're too dumb"....is so myopic and shows that, you are clueless as to how vulnerable your digital information are. In my post, I even gave you a clue on how this can be done e.g. ...online phishing, clicking-jacking, XSS attack.., my guess is, you don't even know what phishing, click-jack or XSS attacks are...if you do, you will not be as clueless to assume that, your digital information including your BVN, names, DOB, etc are iron-clad secured.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
linearity:

Firstly, I never claimed you stole someone's BVN, read through my post re-produced above. I simply gave you a scenario and the reason the Bank rightly turned you down, when you tried changing the picture. I gave you a likely loophole in your request, through which fraud can be perfected and why the Bank will want to err of the side of caution.

Secondly, I don't know you from Adam, and there is no way of me telling if you stole it or not. The bank that even knew you more than me, were suspicious of your request, hence they denied it. Had they been 100% positive, Customers' BVN information are not susceptible to fraudulent take overs through the activities you wanted them to perform, they would not have put the safe guide of rejecting your request in their policies.

Lastly, this comment of yours "..so u can easily find someone who has your real name and date of birth? you're too dumb"....is so myopic and shows that, you are clueless as to how vulnerable your digital information are. In my post, I even gave you a clue on how this can be done e.g. ...online phishing, clicking-jacking, XSS attack.., my guess is, you don't even know what phishing, click-jack or XSS attacks are...if you do, you will not be as clueless to assume that, your digital information including your BVN, names, DOB, etc are iron-clad secured.
I still stand my ground that you're dumb. so u mean someone can get people's personal details through phishing and those details would be same as the one he's been using since he was born. I don't blame you, I blame the miserable situation you've been through all your life that makes you think everyone is a scammer. I wish you go through what I'm going through because of this BVN shit. as you can see above, some emphatic fellow knew this was an error made by the bank, but all you could think of was scam. I don't blame you though.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by linearity: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
kirchofff:
I still stand my ground that you're dumb. so u mean someone can get people's personal details through phishing and those details would be same as the one he's been using since he was born. I don't blame you, I blame the miserable situation you've been through all your life that makes you think everyone is a scammer. I wish you go through what I'm going through because of this BVN shit. as you can see above, some emphatic fellow knew this was an error made by the bank, but all you could think of was scam. I don't blame you though.

You clearly are the dumb.

Hackers get dump of customers information all the time, including real names, address, phone numbers, BVN, SSN, credit card info every time and with these information perfect identity theft on the individual i.e. reproduce new authenticate identity which which they pass off as that individual, with the only different is the photo.

Try take sometime and google identity theft, your comments clearly show, you don’t even know what phishing is or click-jack or XSS attack. You erroneously think that, these attacks yield fake IDs...there is virtually no reason and no incentive in launching a phishing or any of these information gathering attacks, if the goal is not to obtain real authentic customer information.

No one except your very self, God and the Bank will know 100% that it was an error or not. The best that anyone here will do; is to sympathize with you, err on the side of human, take your story in good faith, and with some level of trust assume the bank is wrong.

The banks on the other hand don’t work by faith or trust or sympathy. Not that, I even said that you stolen it or was wrong, but was just trying to educate you to also see where the Bank might be coming from leading to their denial. You are kind of stuck in your myopic mindset....that you are right and the bank is wrong...There are many people languishing in Kirikiri now, who are innocent as a whistle, some even have exculpatory evidence of their innocencye, but still somehow find themselves behind bars, because them or their defense did not go about their case as per court rules.

Your info are stored in electronic database in some hard drive somewhere with IP address reachability. The best banks in the world, be it HSBC, Chase and even USA government data had been hacked or compromised one time or another and customers information accessed and downloaded and you are here myopically thinking that, it is far fecthed for a Nigerian Bank to assume that BVN & customer info can’t be compromised and therefore enact safe guide policies.

Go and get a new BVN and go to each of your banks and update your account with the new BVN info.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
linearity:

Hackers get dump of customers information all the time, including real names, address, phone numbers, BVN, SSN, credit card info every time and with these information perfect identity theft on the individual i.e. reproduce new authenticate identity which which they pass off as that individual, with the only different is the photo.

Try take sometime and google identity theft, your comments clearly show, you don’t even know what phishing is or click-jack or XSS attack. You erroneously think that, these attacks yield fake IDs...there is virtually no reason and no incentive in launching a phishing or any of these information gathering attacks, if the goal is not to obtain real authentic customer information.

No one except your very self, God and the Bank will know 100% that it was an error or not. The best that anyone here will do; is to sympathize with you, err on the side of human, take your story in good faith, and with some level of trust assume the bank is wrong.

The banks on the other hand don’t work by faith or trust or sympathy. Not that, I even said that you stolen it or was wrong, but was just trying to educate you to also see where the Bank might be coming from leading to their denial. You are kind of stuck in your myopic mindset....that you are right and the bank is wrong...There are many people languishing in Kirikiri now, who are innocent as a whistle, some even have exculpatory evidence of their innocencye, but still somehow find themselves behind bars, because them or their defense did not go about their case as per court rules.

Your info are stored in electronic database in some hard drive somewhere with IP address reachability. The best banks in the world, be it HSBC, Chase and even USA government data had been hacked or compromised one time or another and customers information accessed and downloaded and you are here myopically thinking that, it is far fecthed for a Nigerian Bank to assume that BVN & customer info can't be compromised and therefore enact safe guide policies.

Go and get a new BVN and go to each of your banks and update your account with the new BVN info. alright, thanks for your concern, hope you had a great day?

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
linearity:

Your info are stored in electronic database in some hard drive somewhere with IP address reachability. The best banks in the world, be it HSBC, Chase and even USA government data had been hacked or compromised one time or another and customers information accessed and downloaded and you are here myopically thinking that, it is far fecthed for a Nigerian Bank to assume that BVN & customer info can’t be compromised and therefore enact safe guide policies.

Go and get a new BVN and go to each of your banks and update your account with the new BVN info.
alright, thanks for your concern, hope you had a great day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Slashes Import Duties On 115 Items / Equinor Exits Nigeria After 30 Years, Sells Its Assets To Chappal Energies / $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.