Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (24667 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Oduduwa University Admission 2023/2024: Full-time Undergraduate Programmes / Nigerian Army University Biu (naub) Undergraduate Programmes (post Utme) Admissi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by mosexcellency(f): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Yes a student can, depending on how consistence the student is. A friend of mine did and it was a success

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
napoleon77:

It is not illegal to run two programmes simultaneously. What crime would you be committing?

You can put as many degrees on your CV at the same time.

However, I do not see the value to be gained in running two programmes simultaneously.

if the two schools are public schools, it is illegal.
govt subsidized edu at very high cost, so it is illegal for you to be receiving two funding for your education of same qualification at the same time.
however, this is nigeria where we dont even know the difference btw legal and illegal since na criminals dey make, execute and interprete law, so op, you may go ahead if you can cope and not in the same school, but pls if you be activist for sch, just no try am ooo, d 2schs fit wound you.
Also, how about NYSC, now that you need your jamb reg to go, the two schools will send both, will you defer and wait till the end of the 2nd degree to use that for service? whats the potential for industrial actions in either/both schools?.
abeg think am wellll ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
Goddys:

I am really befuddled that a fool like you can't distinguish between a crime and a civil offence. Should i lecture you a bit Olodo
?

You should go refine yourself academically before you can fit into my shoes. Are you sure you even passed through the four walls of university?

Is dt all u got to say Mr two first degrees with outstanding stupidity, ppl like u shld be in jail for not keeping to rules and established procedures though I can bet my right hand dt u r a motor park tout who claims to be Prof only on social media. We ve gone pass dt level ur reasoning gave u away. Headless goat
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

Is dt all u got to say Mr two first degrees with outstanding stupidity, ppl like u shld be in jail for not keeping to rules and established procedures though I can bet my right hand dt u r a motor park tout who claims to be Prof only on social media. We ve gone pass dt level ur reasoning gave u away. Headless goat
Mr Olodo, look at your life. Until you learn mannerisms, you are nothing but a monstrous idiot.
Between myself and you, who types and reasons like a tout?
I wish I can engage you intellectually so that I will reduce you to an Olodo you are
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by basmur(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:

So no implication whatsoever in terms of breaking NUC's admission rule?

i think some nigeria universities dnt support it running double programs concurrently.... cos i once saw it in Unilorin student regulation handbook and it penalty is usually expulsion!!

pls becareful ooo

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Tunagee(m): 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:
Can a Nigerian student who has already been admitted to a Nigerian federal university and probably in his second year of study be able to be admitted for another degree program for a different course of study in another university in Nigeria and then run the two programs simultaneously?

On a more specific note, I'm a mechanical engineering student of a federal university and I want to enrol for another degree program which I plan on rounding up at exactly two years after my mechanical engineering degree as I'm currently in my 2nd year of study. So that I'll be in 300L and 100L respectively in two different universities and different programs as well.

Please, I need well elaborate answers from well meaning nairalanders.
Thanks...

Guy no kill ur sef. Work no dey labour market. While u are running one course, go acquire skill in a profession like comp software hardware, phone software and hardware or networking, graphics, barbing, hairdressing, and other skilled based profession. No kill ursef. First class holders dey teach for village primary and secondary school.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by toprealman: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:
Can a Nigerian student who has already been admitted to a Nigerian federal university and probably in his second year of study be able to be admitted for another degree program for a different course of study in another university in Nigeria and then run the two programs simultaneously?

On a more specific note, I'm a mechanical engineering student of a federal university and I want to enrol for another degree program which I plan on rounding up at exactly two years after my mechanical engineering degree as I'm currently in my 2nd year of study. So that I'll be in 300L and 100L respectively in two different universities and different programs as well.

Thanks...
An MSC in robotics with a first degree in Mechanical engineering will do. Salford University, UK....though not too popular, will serve you just right.
Don't forget, even if you have more degrees than a thermometer.... who go blow go blow.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by seangy4konji: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
10 years from now you will laugh at this post.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Dam5reey(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Goddys:
Why are people so naive? This is mere reason why 80 percent of graduates can't think out of the box.

@ Op, Ask yourself the following questions?

What makes me think an employer is concerned about how compliant I am with NUC regulations that add no practical value to the company? Is an employer more concerned about my ability to think creatively or my ability to follow the herd?

Am i so dumb to announce to the school management that i am running two programmes simultaneously in two universities?

In 2008, I was offered admission at LASU to study philosophy and in 2010, I was offered another admission at UNILAG to study Law. Being not oblivious of my aspirations, I didn't allow myself to be restricted by anything. It was stressful but I persevered and graduated same year as my coursemates with second class lower.

In 2013, I participated in the compulsory NYSC programme while still running Law programme at Unilag.

I want to let you know that I am Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria today and gainfully employed even though I intend to set up my law office in the nearest future.

In conclusion, any employer that perused my CV in my quest for a job need not be convinced further of my doggedness, perseverance and 'smartness'. I was the one adverting their mind to the fact that I ran both programmes simultaneously and that whatever I set my mind to do is an already accomplished task notwithstanding the obstacles.

If you want to register your JAMB, use an initial for your middle name only. That way, their software cannot detect you are presently running a programme in Nigeria university. If it must be in the same university, never use same passport photograph for the same purpose in both courses and always maintain an initial in your middle name in one of the courses throughout the duration of the programmes.
By so doing, you will be good since thumbprinting technology has not been introduced in our schools. The act of thumbprinting during UTME is purposely to detect malpractice and no more.

cc: princeCEE, adobowale89

You called your self a barrister.? Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by whysquare4real(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

I am saying both and I am sure of it

U can't run two first degree programs at d same time on full time, even if u do n u r nt caught employers won't accept it n if caught it's illegal d uni dt caught u will expel u via d uni Senate bc it offends JAMB admission guidelines. I am an insider.

It can be done but it's unacceptable and illegal. Dt someone has done or is doing it doesn't change anything jst like armed robbery.

Refer to JAMB admission guidelines and stay away from ignorance

Pls as an insider,can someone run another degree after bagging a degree previously from another school? thanks and looking forward to ur response
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dam5reey:

You called your self a barrister.? Hmmm
As a lawyer, you are not only trained on the application of law and its principles. You are also trained on how to play around the law to the satisfaction of your client.
If you are smart, you should know what that means...

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
whysquare4real:
Pls as an insider,can someone run another degree after bagging a degree previously from another school? thanks and looking forward to ur response

Yes of course

Ppl read English b a and thereafter go for law

Or biology Bsc and thereafter go for medicine

D problem is running them at d same time on full time

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Kingstone32(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
You'll die before you graduate.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Rankine(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:

Thanks...
best.... u should be thru with the first degree in mechanical engineering, then go for a PGD in physics , hence obtain a masters in physics ur passion

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by haywhizzz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bro, we are in d same position am studying mechanical engineering also in a federal university I already wrote jamb sef and I wanna study architecture in another federal university, it's just a passion i feel like pursuing and I f I dont do that I feel like am gonna regret it later in life, am currently in 400 level, so probably if I get picked I'll be in 100lvl and 500lvl am still young tho

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Joe4real701(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
I studied two different programme in the same university under the same faculty but different discipline, my first discipline was just two years ahead of the second one. My first discipline was Plant science and Biotechnology while the second one was Industrial Chemistry. meanwhile I graduated second class upper from both discipline. But today I worked as a Market Researcher in one of the biggest research company in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by PrinceCEE(m): 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kingstone32:
You'll die before you graduate.

You don't play around with people's life with useless responses.
It might be a joke but taken too far, hence my reaction.

You could probably die before I finish both degrees.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Kingstone32(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:

You don't play around with people's life with useless responses.
It might be a joke but taken too far, hence my reaction.

You could probably die before I finish both degrees.

I meant no offence. I was just wondering what hectic stress you'll face. Two schools? C'mon man, who does that? Unless you have some mode of transport in mind. Believe me, you're going to face both emotional and physical stress. You have your choice.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by code101: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Op. Well I did something similar to that, and I am about to do it again.... here is the breakdown

ND Computer Science (Distinction) done simultaneously with ND General Art (Upper Credit)
HND Computer Science (Distinction) done simultaneously with BA Art/Education(2:1)

currently I am doing my masters, again.....

M.InfoTech. ongoing simultaneously with Master in Fine Art (already applied about to start)

So its up you (all done in Nigeria)
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by toprealman: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:
My intended course of study is Physics and I'd like to major in theoretical physics just as much as I'd like to major in Robotics which is a definite branch of engineering which blends the disciplines of mechanical, electrical and computer engineering which is majorly why I'm studying mechanical engineering.

Elon Musk did dual degree simultaneously, though not in Nigeria grin grin , so I'm hoping that such could be replicated in Nigeria.
Another point you should consider is that Musk completed his studies in an era and academic environment entirely different from the one we operate in Nigeria.
Good luck all the same.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by kendraloops(f): 11:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
haywhizzz:
Bro, we are in d same position am studying mechanical engineering also in a federal university I already wrote jamb sef and I wanna study architecture in another federal university, it's just a passion i feel like pursuing and I f I dont do that I feel like am gonna regret it later in life, am currently in 400 level, so probably if I get picked I'll be in 100lvl and 500lvl am still young tho

please!!!!!!!!! don't combine architecture with any other course. I did a few archi courses in school in my 1st and 2nd years and I have an idea how stressful it is. the students sleep in the studio daily. how will you cope with making models and stuff like that? it's not easy, except you just want to be an average or poor student with loads of carryover. so please, think deeply about it. architecture is a jealous course.

oh. just read you're in 400l now. you can give it a go then. still think about it very well. all the best!
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by PrinceCEE(m): 1:40am On Sep 25, 2017
Kingstone32:

I meant no offence. I was just wondering what hectic stress you'll face. Two schools? C'mon man, who does that? Unless you have some mode of transport in mind. Believe me, you're going to face both emotional and physical stress. You have your choice.

Thanks for your concern, though it was sarcasm taken too far.
I'll cope
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by kriss27(m): 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Goddys:
You must be a slowpoke. I ran my full time undergraduate programmes simultaneously in Lasu and Unilag respectively and was well presented in my CV that got me a good job.

Now tell us the justification for the lies you are perpetrating here. I'm not suprised a mediocre like you could hardly exercise good judgment or think outside the box.

When right thinking persons are reasoning beyond societal conventions, imbeciles like you should stay off
please how can i contact you?
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 29, 2017
Joe4real701:
I studied two different programme in the same university under the same faculty but different discipline, my first discipline was just two years ahead of the second one. My first discipline was Plant science and Biotechnology while the second one was Industrial Chemistry. meanwhile I graduated second class upper from both discipline. But today I worked as a Market Researcher in one of the biggest research company in Nigeria
Is this possible in Nigeria? Also,which university was that?
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by awule: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 5.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.
Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App
Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints

Within the last 10 years, the rate of failure in SSCE exams has been between 60%-70%, with many failing to obtain credit pass in Mathematics and English Language. This is not encouraging, especially for parents that have made huge investment and sacrifice to provide for their education. The reason for this massive failure is not farfetched. Students have abandoned the reading culture of ?burning the mid-night oil?. They are now seriously distracted by TV, and their smart phones. It is very difficult to get them read their physical books. They rather prefer to play with their phones.
So, having an application that enables them to read on their mobile devices is not only timely, but will also help to improve their performance in JSCE, SSCE & JAMB exams

HOW THE SECONDARY SCHOOL E-LEARNING APPLICATION WORKS
The secondary school E-learning application comes in a preloaded 8G memory card which is installed on mobile devices, computers, e-libraries. The student who installs it then registers as its user. To start using the application, he opens it to watch video lectures. For this, the student just sits down and observes a real classroom atmosphere teaching on his mobile device. This does not need the internet to operate, so it does not place any extra financial burden upon the student. As the teachings go on, the student has total control of his time and learning speed, a powerful tool which he has no control of in the classroom, for fear of looking dumb, by asking his teacher to repeat or slow down to enable him understand a new concept.

He can pause the lecture when he wants. If he is sent on an errand, he can stop the lecture and won?t miss anything. He can repeat a line of instruction if he so wishes. He can pick the subjects he finds most difficult in classroom and repeat the video tutorials as many times as he wants. The power of this approach is that the student no longer sees teaching and learning as one boring classroom exercise, but an exciting educational game which absolute control he has.

The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,
FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.
Available in Android 5.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.
APP ALSO AVAILABLE IN PRE-LOADED SD CARDS( 8GB) FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE , COMPUTERS& BLACKBERRY 10
PRODUCT PRICES
1. Pre-loaded Android Tablet + App - N30,000
2. Student E-learning App on 8GB memory card ONLY- N10,000
RESELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.
How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Nice94: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2019
Is it possible for one to get admission in University after jamb into 200 level
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by scromatan(m): 12:31am On Jul 20, 2020
...and 3years after
it worked ??
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Azaboy: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Did it work out?
PrinceCEE:

Thanks...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Non-Academic Staff Celebrate Exit Of Bursar / 9 Ways Students Waste Money, Possible Solutions / ASUU Divided Over Strike Suspension, Holds NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.