Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (24529 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Oduduwa University Admission 2023/2024: Full-time Undergraduate Programmes / Nigerian Army University Biu (naub) Undergraduate Programmes (post Utme) Admissi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by nylawal(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2017
I concur with the last poster why not finish your BSc Mech. Engr and then go for a masters in physics. Have you heard of reciprocity, Pls Google it. When you need to apply with your Cv, the question might keep cropping up. By the way you didn't state the Uni. You are studying currently that is making you contemplate on this adventure.
Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by adusky1(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2017
Yes only in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by holatunde1759(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2017
Yes, Lautech and any other University of your choice.... Don't thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Naruto87(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2017
yes, a friend of mine runs two degree programs. one in uni abuja and the other in an open university. so I guess its possible.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Yhelay(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2017
PrinceCEE:

Already a student of one of those. It's not easy I tell you but I just want a second degree simultaneously 'cause of some personal reasons.
Do you know what is second degree at all??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by PrinceCEE(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2017
debola27:

I love your plans. May God bless it for you. Don't let anyone discourage you. When one is heading towards an extraordinary path, people think one is crazy. Just make your findings well and strive towards achieving the best in your plans. Some people hustle with academics, some hustle at Alaba. We can't all go the same path. I wish you the best.

So encouraging Ma'am.

Thanks!
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Adebowale89(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Goddys:
You must be a slowpoke. I ran my full time undergraduate programmes simultaneously in Lasu and Unilag respectively and was well presented in my CV that got me a good job.

Now tell us the justification for the lies you are perpetrating here. I'm not suprised a mediocre like you could hardly exercise good judgment or think outside the box.

When right thinking persons are reasoning beyond societal conventions, imbeciles like you should stay off

op, you got a nice inspiration, wish y'all the best in your decision.

ignore that guy bro, I must commend you, lasu and unilag at a time, is not easy and giving the fact that, those institution are recognized

I had my degree in B.A/philosophy. I'm planning on doing my second degree in law. so I'm considering direct entry to lasu and utme to unilag. could it be possible to do direct entry and utme at a time. pls advise a brother
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by PrinceCEE(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2017
I believe that, not only me, but others viewing and that would probably view later, will learn from this thread.

I'm happy that it made front page, at least, the mods wanted the best answers for me. I appreciate so much!

As a matter of fact, I think I should be doing it 'cause I think I've the resources to go along with it. I've the mental strength and also an indefatigable spirit.

By 400L in my current university, I'd probably not be able to drop below 1st class and I'd not invest much time in my 100L in the new school as I already know the 100L stuffs, so it wouldn't weigh down on me academically. Also, the two schools can't be writing exams same time, but tests might clash. The only time, it'd weigh more on me is in my 500L and 200L respectively, but I believe I'll scale through.

Thanks to everyone that contributed in one way or the other, even those that advised me to hustle for money grin , I'm into online businesses already. So I wouldn't lose out in the business world because of my academics.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Legolast: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
shawnfamous:
Very possible.. You can be running one at Tai solarin and one at ife... One is a snail while the other one is a fowl

Which one is a snail and the other a fowl? grin grin grin
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by hayboss: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2017
I would prefer you honestly take things cool and finish with good grades in your current degree and then go for Masters in Physics. It should be an easy upgrade rather than holding a B.Sc in both. Nevertheless, I wish you the best!

PrinceCEE:
My intended course of study is Physics and I'd like to major in theoretical physics just as much as I'd like to major in Robotics which is a definite branch of engineering which blends the disciplines of mechanical, electrical and computer engineering which is majorly why I'm studying mechanical engineering.

Elon Musk did dual degree simultaneously, though not in Nigeria grin grin , so I'm hoping that such could be replicated in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Lukina4real: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Yes, very possible
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by biolaowo(m): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2017
I have someone that did that he is in first class in UI and 2.1 in OAU ., he finished the oau programme this year and he is in final year in UI..
The guy is a very good guy,he was dropped out of medinice and sugery in oau and he changed to sociology he wanted something related to health sciences so he is doing a course in UI (i have forgotten the name )
chloride6:
grin

Just make the first University UI and the second one OAU.

grin grin grin grin grin

How can you compare yourself to Elon Musk who studied in the US. Education here is stressful, not necessarily harder, but stressful.

How would you cope with the tests, exam that could clash. Are the Universities even in the same area?

You could try NOUN sha for the other degree be but if you really desire knowledge, then go for it.

You don't have to subject yourself to so much stress in order to gain knowledge. This is 2017.

Beside physics major only spend 4 yeers in school, out of which they do Six months IT, I believe.

As a mech student, you already have their first year knowledge. So you have 2 and half years of knowledge to go.

Anyway enjoy grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Meel: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2017
holatunde1759:
yea was also thinking about that, he can choose Ui or unilorin ( both near to lautech) at most an hour journey.

couple with the way Lautech go on strike, when Lautech is on strike as usual, unilorin will be in sessions and if luck is on his side. By the time unilorin is on break, Lautech will in session.

win win situation, minimal stres grin
holatunde1759:
yea was also thinking about that, he can choose Ui or unilorin ( both near to lautech) at most an hour journey.

couple with the way Lautech go on strike, when Lautech is on strike as usual, unilorin will be in sessions and if luck is on his side. By the time unilorin is on break, Lautech will in session.

win win situation, minimal stres

3 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2017
napoleon77:

It is not illegal to run two programmes simultaneously. What crime would you be committing?

You can put as many degrees on your CV at the same time.

However, I do not see the value to be gained in running two programmes simultaneously.

It's not acceptable to run two full time degree programs at d same time, it's like working full time in two places at d same time dts moon lighting.

It's illegal BC d first uni admitted u full time on d ground u r nt running another program elsewhere on full time or even working full time. So b guided
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by matrixme(m): 11:15am On Sep 24, 2017
You will just end up splitting all your efforts. When you are at your finals at both courses, you will be frustrated for lack of appearance at lectures. Even if you sort your way through, it will cost you alot of money and man hours to pull through successfully at both ends.
If degrees are necessary for success in this life, we will need 360 of them to be at an advantage. Many people today in this Nigeria are already millionaires with ordinary school certificate. All you should pray for is the grace of God, not more certificates
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by uncleinans(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2017
Can some one run two masters in nigeria at the same time? and pls can some one use noun masters to do his phd in any fed or state universty in nigeria?
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by napoleon77(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

It's not acceptable to run two full time degree programs at d same time, it's like working full time in two places at d same time dts moon lighting.

It's illegal BC d first uni admitted u full time on d ground u r nt running another program elsewhere on full time or even working full time. So b guided

Are you saying it is unacceptable, illegal or both?

Don't say what you do not know!

Quote the section of any law that says you can't run two programmes at the same time. While doing that also quote the legal punishment if an individual runs 2 concurrent academic programmes.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Yhelay:

Do you know what is second degree at all??

Dnt be too hard on him he meant another first degree n nt pg degree

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2017
napoleon77:

Are you saying it is unacceptable, illegal or both?

Don't say what you do not know!

Quote the section of any law that says you can't run two programmes at the same time. While doing that also quote the legal punishment if an individual runs 2 concurrent academic programmes.

I am saying both and I am sure of it

U can't run two first degree programs at d same time on full time, even if u do n u r nt caught employers won't accept it n if caught it's illegal d uni dt caught u will expel u via d uni Senate bc it offends JAMB admission guidelines. I am an insider.

It can be done but it's unacceptable and illegal. Dt someone has done or is doing it doesn't change anything jst like armed robbery.

Refer to JAMB admission guidelines and stay away from ignorance

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2017
People de look for skill to learn this one wan waste two time at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by iammolise(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2017
bro, i will not lie for u... It's impossible here in naija.... Okay, say U're buoyant enough to overcome the financial challenges attached, but what about the time and dedication u have to put to it, not to mention the stress of it all... One decree alone is war to go through in our country let alone pursuing two simultaneously... Ahah bror, i know u probably might start but i doubt if ur finish'll be colourful... So bror like those above has adviced, just focus on one degree and be proud of urself than to go with ur plan and in the end u flunk both.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by napoleon77(m): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

I am saying both and I am sure of it

U can't run two first degree programs at d same time on full time, even if u do n u r nt caught employers won't accept it n if caught it's illegal d uni dt caught u will expel u via d uni Senate bc it offends JAMB admission guidelines. I am an insider.

It can be done but it's unacceptable and illegal. Dt someone has done or is doing it doesn't change anything jst like armed robbery.

Refer to JAMB admission guidelines and stay away from ignorance

Unacceptable by who?

Illegal? So a person can be charged to court for running two degree programmes at the same time?

It is you who should work on your ignorance.

Why would an employer be bothered if someone ran two degree programmes concurrently?

Quote the law that expressly prohibits it as well as the penalty by law?

If you are really an insider ( whatever that means) then work on your use of English.

It is extremely difficult and expensive but not unacceptable or illegal.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Why are people so naive? This is mere reason why 80 percent of graduates can't think out of the box.

@ Op, Ask yourself the following questions?

What makes me think an employer is concerned about how compliant I am with NUC regulations that add no practical value to the company? Is an employer more concerned about my ability to think creatively or my ability to follow the herd?

Am i so dumb to announce to the school management that i am running two programmes simultaneously in two universities?

In 2008, I was offered admission at LASU to study philosophy and in 2010, I was offered another admission at UNILAG to study Law. Being not oblivious of my aspirations, I didn't allow myself to be restricted by anything. It was stressful but I persevered and graduated same year as my coursemates with second class lower.

In 2013, I participated in the compulsory NYSC programme while still running Law programme at Unilag.

I want to let you know that I am Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria today and gainfully employed even though I intend to set up my law office in the nearest future.

In conclusion, any employer that perused my CV in my quest for a job need not be convinced further of my doggedness, perseverance and 'smartness'. I was the one adverting their mind to the fact that I ran both programmes simultaneously and that whatever I set my mind to do is an already accomplished task notwithstanding the obstacles.

If you want to register your JAMB, use an initial for your middle name only. That way, their software cannot detect you are presently running a programme in Nigeria university. If it must be in the same university, never use same passport photograph for the same purpose in both courses and always maintain an initial in your middle name in one of the courses throughout the duration of the programmes.
By so doing, you will be good since thumbprinting technology has not been introduced in our schools. The act of thumbprinting during UTME is purposely to detect malpractice and no more.

cc: princeCEE, adobowale89

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by oluwaseunla(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
napoleon77:

Unacceptable by who?

Illegal? So a person can be charged to court for running two degree programmes at the same time?

It is you who should work on your ignorance.

Why would an employer be bothered if someone ran two degree programmes concurrently?

Quote the law that expressly prohibits it as well as the penalty by law?

If you are really an insider ( whatever that means) then work on your use of English.

It is extremely difficult and expensive but not unacceptable or illegal.

Bros, I know someone in his finals that was expelled on this kind of issue. Some people do it, it doesn't stop the fact that it is illegal, at least in Nigeria. It is written in most university handbooks and some matriculation oaths, so you cannot sue them if you get expelled. That guy is correct.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by GeoSpatial(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
A friend of mine wanted to study Statistics but was given Mathematics Education in Eksu, when he was in 200 level, Unilorin gave him admission to study his love course Statistics and he run both, today he has two degrees. Thanks for his parents support

2 Likes

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

Mumu any prove to ur assertion for all we care u may be a motor park tout dt never finished primary sch.
You are below my standard in all ramifications and not to be given further attention.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by ChrisGnarly: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bro, it all depends on ur ability, time ane other resources! During my service year, a friend who was serving wt me was also in his finals in another school!! I mean in nigeria here! So its posible!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
oluwaseunla:

Bros, I know someone in his finals that was expelled on this kind of issue. Some people do it, it doesn't stop the fact that it is illegal, at least in Nigeria. It is written in most university handbooks and some matriculation oaths, so you cannot sue them if you get expelled. That guy is correct.
He wasn't smart enough. He might be announcing to all dicks and harry that he was running two programmes. Ideally, school management would want to take an action against the student to discourage any potential act of running two programmes which in the long run would create redundancy and backlogs of graduating students that engage in such.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by jaychubi: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Goddys:

You are below my standard in all ramifications and not to be given further attention.

Only if u kw who u r talking to if u see me in real life u will lie down to greet me.

Running two full time first degree programs at d same time in Nigeria uni is illegal and unacceptable if u did dt u r a common criminal for breaking Jamb admission rules so go and hide cheap ignoramus with outstanding stupidity. I ve dignified u enough with my replies u won't get dt anymore fool.
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by napoleon77(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
oluwaseunla:

Thank you. A very reasonable and sensible comment. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Goddys(m): 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
jaychubi:

Only if u kw who u r talking to if u see me in real life u will lie down to greet me.

Running two full time first degree programs at d same time in Nigeria uni is illegal and unacceptable if u did dt u r a common criminal for breaking Jamb admission rules so go and hide cheap ignoramus with outstanding stupidity. I ve dignified u enough with my replies u won't get dt anymore fool.

I am really befuddled that a fool like you can't distinguish between a crime and a civil offence. Should i lecture you a bit Olodo
?

You should go refine yourself academically before you can fit into my shoes. Are you sure you even passed through the four walls of university?
Re: Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Yes it is possible
Had a friend who combined Physiology in year 3 with Medicine and surgery in year 1.
Though he had to suspend the medicine and surgery in his year2 to finish the physiology before coming back to medicine.
He later on graduated as best in physiology, while still continuing his programme in medicine
PrinceCEE:
Can a Nigerian student who has already been admitted to a Nigerian federal university and probably in his second year of study be able to be admitted for another degree program for a different course of study in another university in Nigeria and then run the two programs simultaneously?

On a more specific note, I'm a mechanical engineering student of a federal university and I want to enrol for another degree program which I plan on rounding up at exactly two years after my mechanical engineering degree as I'm currently in my 2nd year of study. So that I'll be in 300L and 100L respectively in two different universities and different programs as well.

Please, I need well elaborate answers from well meaning nairalanders.
Thanks...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions / Kebbi School Has No New Mattresses Despite Receiving ₦5.6M / JAMB 2017 Examinations To Hold In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.