Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? (1704 Views)

FG To Review Wages, Allowances For Governors, Others / May 29: Outgoing Governors laying landmines for Governors-Elect - Daily Sun / New Minimum Wage: Falana Reveals Why It’s Illegal For Governors To Determine Amo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Is it right for Governor Aregbesola to declear Muslim holiday in a seculiar state? If Governor Okonwa declear Mary Mother of Jesus's birth holiday; how will other religions feel?
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Like good friday,good monday,new year holiday,right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by madridguy(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
tongue
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Mynd44: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Osun gets holidays for traditional days too. Dont take it personal

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by IJOBA2: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1439AH TO YOU ALL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by babyfaceafrica: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
Very right

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by redsun(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lazy,primitive,deluded, and unproductive bastards that runs a 21century society on the wings of faith. Devil will continue to punish all of you.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by GavelSlam: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
No, only Christmas.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Habyz(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
redsun:
Lazy,primitive,deluded, and unproductive bastards that runs a 21century society on the wings of faith. Devil will continue to punish all of you.
Other faiths have there holidays set aside so why not the Muslim holidays too?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mynd44:
When dem de observe that oo
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
Habyz:

Other faiths have there holidays set aside so why not the Muslim holidays too?

Muslim get same number of holiday as Christian minus this one.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by binsanni(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
but the christains have new year holiday?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by JazzMode: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
If Muslims are the majority in the state, it may fly not necessarily because it is constitutional, but because majority will welcome it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Desyner: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Good question OP. But I also ask;
If there was no free oil money will governors declare questionable holiday knowing well that it needs the peoples effort to stay afloat?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
Desyner:
Good question OP. But I also ask;
If there was no free oil money will governors declare questionable holiday knowing well that it needs the peoples effort to stay afloat?

Na oyel money through Federal allocations de make all of una lazy
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Desyner: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
ogododo:

Na oyel money through Federal allocations de make all of una lazy
That's why we can have public holiday 365 days a year and still don't feel it. We need restructuring. China for example doesn't go on New Year holiday in December when the whole is having its heaviest spending. They celebrate it in February.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by bakila: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
ogododo:
Is it right for Governor Aregbesola to declear Muslim holiday in a seculiar state? If Governor Okonwa declear Mary Mother of Jesus's birth holiday; how will other religions feel?
Cool about it, we have two Christian holidays every week, including the day Mary Mother of Jesus gave birth to a miraculous child.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Desyner:
That's why we can have public holiday 365 days a year and still don't feel it. We need restructuring. China for example doesn't go on New Year holiday in December when the whole is having its heaviest spending. They celebrate it in February.

Na true; migwo
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
bakila:

Cool about it, we have two Christian holidays every week, including the day Mary Mother of Jesus gave birth to a miraculous child.

Hmmmm.Una dooo
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
madridguy:
tongue
Dem do una??
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by hamzeiy: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
ogododo:

Na true; migwo
The last time I checked the gregorian calendar that we all use today was a christain calendar as declared by the then pope gregory (google is your freind) yet a secular country like nigeria and other muslim dominated states in nigeria still recognise it. Not because we are blind to its roots but because its an un necessary topic to get disturbed about. Christains just hate to see muslims identify with their fate yet they want peace. I wonder where the peace would come from when you dont respect my way of life.
In as much as celebrating the islamic new year has no islamic foundation thus it is not important but you can as well tell the govt to stop the two islamically recognised Eid celebrations as a secular country then probably dec. 25 would be our secular holiday isnt it?
Hmmm #these days you see muguz every where

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by hamzeiy: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
The last time I checked the gregorian calendar that we all use today was a christain calendar as declared by the then pope gregory (google is your freind) yet a secular country like nigeria and other muslim dominated states in nigeria still recognise it. Not because we are blind to its roots but because its an un necessary topic to get disturbed about. Christains just hate to see muslims identify with their fate yet they want peace. I wonder where the peace would come from when you dont respect my way of life.
In as much as celebrating the islamic new year has no islamic foundation thus it is not important but you can as well tell the govt to stop the two islamically recognised Eid celebrations as a secular country then probably dec. 25 would be our secular holiday isnt it?
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by BALLOSKI: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
Yes!
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
hamzeiy:

Effect constitutional change and do like The Gambia that used to have 3 days weekend.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by BALLOSKI: 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
hamzeiy:

You have the most difficult and cunning set of Christians you can find anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
BALLOSKI:

You have the most difficult and cunning set of Christians you can find anywhere in Nigeria.
Christians are honest people and more tolerant.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
All of una de come here de yab Christians; una get your secluded section created by Seun for you, but una free without restrictions to coment for Christian section.
Una do well
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by diegwu01: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
ogododo:
OP, dont mind the governor, Go to work and stay till 5.30 pm before you return. Also send your wards to school even if it's empty that day. i am sure this would annoy the governor so much.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
diegwu01:
OP, dont mind the governor, Go to work and stay till 5.30 pm before you return. Also send your wards to school even if it's empty that day. i am sure this would annoy the governor so much.

Ahahahahah
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by ogododo: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Oga mod de wait to know when trado holiday be.
Re: Is It Right For Governors To Declear Muslim Holidays In Seculiar States? by Mynd44: 7:29am On Sep 22, 2017
ogododo:

Oga mod de wait to know when trado holiday be.

Because you dont know something does not mean it doesnt exist.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/osun-govt-declares-monday-august-21-isese-day/

(1) (2) (Reply)

political Drug/weapon Dealers : They Fight Back, only military can fight them / The Suspended Bye-polls In Rivers Shows Its Game Over For Pdp / Osun 2018: ADP Gubernatorial Campaign Rally In Ilesha (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.