Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? (15536 Views)

7 Shocking Facts About Facebook That You Didn't Know / Facebook Reels Not Showing For You? How To Make Reels Work In The Facebook App / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by ProfCyber(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
@Net9ra

Mehn...Mark and his Tricks...

Sighs..

TNW spotted an interesting update on Facebook.

It seems
that Facebook intends to integrate a Whatsapp button into the
Facebook app.

This button would act as a shortcut button so
you don’t have to leave Facebook to use Whatsapp.

Quite convenient for those who use the app.

It has started rolling out to Denmark users and no word on
when this would be available to all.

What do you think?

Yay or quite unnecessary?

Cc: lalasticlala
Dragnet
Puskin
honsule

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2017
I prefer that self. Hopefully, we beta testers will get it. I've received an update already self but I've not hit the update button

FTC

Modified: Received the update. Nothing spectacular. All it does is to direct you to whatsapp when you click. In other words, you must have WhatsApp installed. If you don't, it will redirect you to playstore to install WhatsApp

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by ProfCyber(m): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2017
olayinkajnr:
I prefer that self. Hopefully, we beta testers will get it. I've received an update already self but I've not hit the update button

okay
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by bravesoul247(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
BS!!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by HarveyDeven: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
The app will consume even more data and RAM...

18 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by lastbaff(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
bravesoul247:
BS!!
Brave.Soul

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
I don't like it for the following reasons
1. Privacy maybe tampered with
2. Annoying adverts will pop out
3.The tendency of consuming more ram is there

38 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by bravesoul247(m): 12:36am On Sep 23, 2017
lastbaff:

Brave.Soul
lol.
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Gurusizkid(m): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2017
ProfCyber:
@Net9ra

Mehn...Mark and his Tricks...

Sighs..

TNW spotted an interesting update on Facebook.

It seems
that Facebook intends to integrate a Whatsapp button into the
Facebook app.

This button would act as a shortcut button so
you don’t have to leave Facebook to use Whatsapp.

Quite convenient for those who use the app.

It has started rolling out to Denmark users and no word on
when this would be available to all.

What do you think?

Yay or quite unnecessary?

Cc: lalasticlala
Dragnet
Puskin
honsule

It will be good becos those of us that our phones doesn't support WhatsApp will begin to flex it grin grin

17 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by DanielsParker(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2017
not nice..
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by NPComplete: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Rebuttal:
1. Your privacy is already being tampered with. How do u think Facebook knows to start suggesting a new friend to u as soon as u add his number to your phone book?

2. The adverts can't be any more annoying than they are in Facebook now. By the way. This is just ur personal speculation. You aren't privy to how they intend to ingrate WhatsApp into it yet. It could be just another tab that leads to ur WhatsApp just like the one u use for ur notifications.

3. I doubt this will be any worse than having both WhatsApp and Facebook running at the same time and having to switch between the two.

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Naijashortcode(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2017
Life will be more sweet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by olamil34(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2017
a nice way to kill whatsapp slowly

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Petersamuel8(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2017
I will still prefer independent whatsapp sad

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by DanielsParker(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Gurusizkid:

It will be good becos those of us that our phones doesn't support WhatsApp will begin to flex it grin grin

it still wouldn't support the Facebook app!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
It's just a shortcut not an integration... Get your facts right. Secondly I don't see any reason for this Question. The shortcut to Instagram has also been there once you tap it, it opens the Instagram app, same goes for Whatsapp. I believe this question is quite irrelevant.

14 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Topmaike007(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2017
Nonsense
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by shegzan(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2017
Mk dem leave the two separately jeje oo..
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by SuperKlean(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2017
They're just trying to monitor everything we do, awon world police angry angry

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by seangy4konji: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2017
As long as it does not as me to sync my facebook users with whatsapp like that of badoo and all other dating sites. Whatsapp is sopposed to be for my contacts only.

Hey do not want us to have any thing hidden.is it a must that all contacts must know each other ?almost all apps that you see facebook now?you will see the import all contact button there. Abegi

Ps. Can never work. They should be alone.
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by attention007(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2017
He is trying to get rid of whatsapp after integrating it on facebook
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Josh44s(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2017
frankg0:
If your married or your in a relationship I recommend this app for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sendsms.romanticlovesms

Recommend it for your mother and father. Let us be please!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by RZArecta(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2017
I don't use Facebook except to check peoples' birthday so it's not important to me

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by muller101(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2017
DanielsParker:

it still wouldn't support the Facebook app!
give the guy hope abeg grin
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by Ashibelieve: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2017
Privacy has been completely tampered years ago. All this non-tech users that always click and share, or use free WiFi list their privacy years gone by.
asuustrike2009:
Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by NCP: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2017
who consult me before the acquisition of whatsapp by facebook?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? by ProfCyber(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2017
shegzan:
Mk dem leave the two separately jeje oo..

abi oh...

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Best Data Plans Subscription For Smartphones And PC / Tecno Phantom 7 : Key Specifications Revealed / Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.