Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) (57838 Views)

Anthrax Cannot Be Killed By Boiling Your Meat - Dr Obi Ogar Warns Nigerians / Young Man Who Survived Fatal Motor Accident Gets Killed By Malaria. Photos / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Oladipo1166(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
A civil servant, Salami Adekunle A.k.a kulasa, aged 47, was on Thursday struck to death by lightning in Oro, Kwara.

The deceased was a staff of the Registry Department of the College of Education (RDCE), Oro, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara state.

It was gathered that the deceased was leaving the institution’s examination office for the Registry Department at about 9:00 a.m. when the incident happened during a downpour.

The institution’s Public Relation Officer, Mr Adesola Adewoye, who confirmed the incident, said that all efforts to rescue the deceased proved abortive.

Adewoye said, “The staff and management swung into action immediately the deceased was struck, but all our efforts to resuscitate him proved abortive.’’

He however, described the deceased as an easy going, loyal and dedicated staff who will stop at nothing to impress his employer.

“Our prayer is for God to give the family, friends and associate the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss”, the official added.

Staff of the institution were seen in group discussing the development.

Some traditional religion worshippers performed some rites on the corpse of the deceased before it was taken away for burial this evening.

Source: http://www.betterfame.com.ng/2017/09/civil-servant-killed-by-thunder-strike.html?m=1

2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Oladipo1166(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
CC: Lalasticlala

3 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rip

But wait! Shey na the thunder pieces the man's cloth like tha shocked

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Ekikor(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is what happens when people keep on telling u "Thunder fire you"..
R.I.P to the deceased..

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blood of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego!!!!!
Some one cannot play with the gods again!!!
I'm beginning to think this world would become a better place
Let me compile the list of people I'll love thunder to fire
Emm let's see.....jumoke for dumping me,Frances for duping me,my former divisional manager,my principal in ss3.................

Me : Thunder fire you
Sango: it is done

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Larryfest(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
I guess this is the handy work of the village people.

8 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Homeboiy: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Village people at work

Them spread mat untop his matter

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Stemkay: 5:19am On Sep 22, 2017
Rip
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by jdluv(f): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
this is sangotins Oh.used for punishment for stealin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Narldon: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
RIP

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DURING A THUNDER-STORM

Monitor Forecasts and weather conditions and know whether thunderstorms are likely in the area.

Be alert for natural signs of an approaching storm.

Cancel or reschedule outdoor events (to avoid being caught outdoors when a storm hits).

Take action early so you have time to get to a safe place.

Get inside a substantial building or hard-topped metal vehicle before threatening weather arrives.

If you hear thunder, get to the safe place immediately.

Avoid open areas like hilltops, fields, and beaches, and don't be or be near the tallest objects in an area when thunderstorms are occurring.

Don't shelter under tall or isolated trees during thunderstorms.

If in the woods, put as much distance between you and any trees during thunderstorms.[84]

If in a group, spread out so that you increase the chances for survivors who could come to the aid of any victims from a lightning strike.

Take action immediately upon hearing thunder. Anyone close enough to the storm to hear thunder can be struck by lightning.

Avoid electrical appliances, including corded telephones. Cordless and wireless telephones are safe to use during a thunderstorm.

Close and stay away from windows and doors, as glass can become a serious hazard in high wind.

Do not bathe or shower, as plumbing conducts electricity.

If driving, safely exit the roadway, turn on hazard lights, and park. Remain in the vehicle and avoid touching metal.

179 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
this ain't ordinary

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by digoster(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
I think thunder did it statuary job by firing a defaulter grin grin
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Florblu(f): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
He has offended Constituted authorities

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by AceRoyal: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
God of thunder tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Stop saying thunder fire you!

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by bitcoinvin(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oladipo1166:
A civil servant, Salami Adekunle A.k.a kulasa, aged 47, was on Thursday struck to death by lightning in Oro, Kwara.

The deceased was a staff of the Registry Department of the College of Education (RDCE), Oro, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara state.

It was gathered that the deceased was leaving the institution’s examination office for the Registry Department at about 9:00 a.m. when the incident happened during a downpour.

The institution’s Public Relation Officer, Mr Adesola Adewoye, who confirmed the incident, said that all efforts to rescue the deceased proved abortive.

Adewoye said, “The staff and management swung into action immediately the deceased was struck, but all our efforts to resuscitate him proved abortive.’’

He however, described the deceased as an easy going, loyal and dedicated staff who will stop at nothing to impress his employer.

“Our prayer is for God to give the family, friends and associate the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss”, the official added.

Staff of the institution were seen in group discussing the development.

Some traditional religion worshippers performed some rites on the corpse of the deceased before it was taken away for burial this evening.

Source: http://www.betterfame.com.ng/2017/09/civil-servant-killed-by-thunder-strike.html?m=1

rip
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kai
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Joephat(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
angry

Why not Buhari, This Thunder?

Thunder, do you know how many Nigerians, you would have saved by just firing Buhari like this?

Help us na

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by Lorechino(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
I think say Na black e for turn to? may God give ur soul a resting place .
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by cerowo(f): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nawao.... R.i.p Buh why the thunder pieces d man cloth like that.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by TourismMan(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Quite pitiful!

Meanwhile...

Very Soon., Nollywood Will Be Like''
HeHeHeHe.!!!..E Don Happen!!..E Don Happen!!!
Python Dance 1&2..,!!!
Python Dance 1&2
My Broda.,my sister ..,dis ogbonge film go show u how them dey slaughter pipu like chicken bcus of biafra agitation
see how i.p.o.b dey carry bottle ..,stick.,and knife ..dey fight soldiers with ak.47..
python dance 1&2.,!!python dance 1&2....!
na ogbonge ogbonge actors na dem full the film
python dance..!
python dance..!
Ewo'oooooooo
Aba is on fire
umuahia dey boil
owerri dey roast
southeast is on the run
python dance 1&2.!!!
starring ..!"
Nnamdi Kanu
Tukur Brutai
Okezie Ikpeazi
Patience Ozokwor
Jim Iyke
Ramsey Noah
Mercy Johnson
and many other ogbonge actors
Producer na A.P.C
Director na Muhammed Buhari
marketed and distributed nationwide by
St. Nicholas Movie...No.1 Upper Iweka.,onitsha....
Pytho�n Dance 1 & 2
Grab Ur Copy Now...����������

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by lordsharks(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chai naija tire person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by donnie(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
na thunder tear him cloth? shocked. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by sniperr007(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Can someone explain this phenomenon using science?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
RIP...did he abuse Sango ni?

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by lonelydora: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Op, thunder doesn't kill, lightning does.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by classicfrank4u(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
amadioha is at work

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by fergie001: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is pathetic.
Rip,Kulaga

Is it not this NL?
I know somebody will come here and say,
Buha..,thunder fire you,
Nonsense.

Let me surprise them,no man is God. cry

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by ubergold(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is really terrible. In office settings colleagues will already be suspicious of each other especially if the guy is occupying a position others are vying for.

What do they call that jazz that kills with thunder again in yoruba?

RIP
Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by LifeofAirforce(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oh boy

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) by brixton: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Did everything to ruscicitate him yet his wears are torn ? Trust my people, they probably left him there in the rains due to superstitious beliefs.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos / How Can A Lady Flatten Her Big Tummy??? / Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.