Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (46321 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Baby Born In Egypt With Two Heads, One Heart, Two Spines / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Oladipo1166(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
O boi see big head like kwashiorkor
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by aku626(m): 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Access to healthcare=0 but a plane sat in an airport.......
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Finstar: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Daboywizzy:
The power of God can Cleanse that child.

Such a Sickness that is Terminal, Only the Hand of Jesus can Crush it.

since distance is not a barrier in the Glory, I speak to that growth of The Head, and I command it to dematerialize in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

See them

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by kaypower1(m): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is where our.celebs.are.needed, politicians too, who.tha f is the governor.of.that state, or is it that they dnt care
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by baybeeboi: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Estiara:
What are the chances of survival during and/or sequel to the operation?

Successful operations has been carried out on patients with such condition. Never heard of any failed operation though. Maybe because its not a very regular case. I believe the chance s are gross.

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Chrisrosemary19: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
God HV mercy on UR children's
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by d33types: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ayo4251:
If it were to be an advance country, I believe the kid would have undergone the proper surgery... Poor medical service in Nigeria... sad

Stop saying poor medical services. If you have money you can get good services in Nigeria

The cost of the surgery plus admission in developed countries is an average of 4.5million naira converted..
In nigeria it's about 200,000 and most people cannot still afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by d33types: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Homeboiy:
will her head return to normal after treatments?

Yes it will, the baby's skull hasn't fused yet.But it must be done before the baby grows up.

4 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by d33types: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Daboywizzy:

since distance is not a barrier in the Glory, I speak to that growth of The Head, and I command it to dematerialize in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

It is not a terminal illness. That child can lead a normal life with prompt and proper intervention.

And stop proclaiming.It is useless in this case. My bible tells me Faith without works is dead. God who gave us knowledge is not foolish.

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by doctore212(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Cinkq:
When lack of money makes you powerless or when physicians fail, JESUS IS ALWAYS AN OPTION.

Let the parent of that baby take him/her to church. I've seen a case similar to that solved by jesus before. My advice w'd only look funny or stupid to you if you have not tasted Jesus power.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by doctore212(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
This has nothing to do with church my dear. It is called Hydrocephalus. Is due to an excess CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) production or poor drainage
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Uchenduin: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=flawlessT post=60703218][/quote]
Am also thinking that he has spinal bifuda

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by castrol180(m): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jacktheripper:

How do u know she is her
When you won't read... Smh

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Looking at the other picture of her back it's obvious the mom didn't take folic acid in her early stage of pregnancy cos the baby is also suffering from neural tube defect . cry

3 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Oladipo1166:
O boi see big head like kwashiorkor
Thats somebody's baby oga! A hapless young child that has done you no Wrong.

Where is your compassion?

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ohcanada(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
PROPUNTER:
The Baby wan turn to Edward.
This not a joking matter

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2017
lucrownt:
You need a resounding slap. Who has the Odunlade slapping picture?
Take it!

3 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 12:07am On Sep 22, 2017
Liftedhands:
Looking at the other picture of her back it's obvious the mom didn't take folic acid in her early stage of pregnancy cos the baby is also suffering from neural tube defect . cry
I thought women should avoid folic acid during pregnancy?
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 12:08am On Sep 22, 2017
d33types:

Stop saying poor medical services. If you have money you can get good services in Nigeria

The cost of the surgery plus admission in developed countries is an average of 4.5million naira converted..
In nigeria it's about 200,000 and most people cannot still afford it.

200k? This is so painful cry
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by practicalclass: 12:13am On Sep 22, 2017
The child has a neural tube defect called spina bifida usually associated with hydrocephalus. The bone that shld encase the spinal cord at lower back not fully developed. Flow of CSF (brain juice) blocked at a certain level.
Baby needs attention of a neurosurgeon as it can be treated. I pray they receive help.
Maybe a GoFund Me or letter to one of the Polithieficians in their State.

3 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by practicalclass: 12:16am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

Women shld start taking folic acid once they r thinking of conceiving till the time of delivery. Its called Pre-conception care (scope is even beyond ante-natal care).

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 12:16am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

Nope! It's the first and most important drug every pregnant or woman of child bearing age should be on.

It's advised for all women who are able to bear kids to be on folic acid 400mg daily (even before trying to get pregnant) as long as the woman is sexually active to avoid spina bifida which usually occurs in the first week of pregnancy.

3 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by DjSwaga(m): 12:23am On Sep 22, 2017
At least, check Wikipedia before u call it terminal has.

It's a common condition .

Very simple procedure is done too. Dts VP shunt insertion. And d child gets better .

It's not prayer that will heal this child alone. God gave us medical knowledge to apply it whenever need be

Daboywizzy:

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 12:27am On Sep 22, 2017
practicalclass:

Women shld start taking folic acid once they r thinking of conceiving till the time of delivery. Its called Pre-conception care (scope is even beyond ante-natal care).
Ok thanks
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 12:28am On Sep 22, 2017
Liftedhands:
Nope! It's the first and most important drug every pregnant or woman of child bearing age should be on.

It's advised for all women who are able to bear kids to be on folic acid 400mg daily (even before trying to get pregnant) as long as the woman is sexually active to avoid spina bifida which usually occurs in the first week of pregnancy.
Thanks
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 12:33am On Sep 22, 2017
TrumporIdie:
that's a doctor in the building cool
No I'm not sir! Just a"Sabi mom" cheesy
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 12:39am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks
You are welcome. Feel free to snoop around this thread you will learn a lot about pregnancy and the woman body.

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3516#889053.112522

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by buffalowings: 1:36am On Sep 22, 2017
Cinkq:
When lack of money makes you powerless or when physicians fail, JESUS IS ALWAYS AN OPTION.

Let the parent of that baby take him/her to church. I've seen a case similar to that solved by jesus before. My advice w'd only look funny or stupid to you if you have not tasted Jesus power.
I hope you're being sarcastic

Otherwise
Na to nack you jazz
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by iukpe: 2:03am On Sep 22, 2017
Ayo4251:
If it were to be an advance country, I believe the kid would have undergone the proper surgery... Poor medical service in Nigeria... sad

Yes perhaps proper surgrey just requiring the parents consent and it will be done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covid 19: First Time Flyer With Malaria Fever Causes Panic In Kano. / Idayat Gbadamosi: Ways Of Fighting Coronavirus With Herbs By Boosting Immunity / Fireworks Blows Off 10-year-Old Boy's Hand In Enugu (very Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.