Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (46287 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Baby Born In Egypt With Two Heads, One Heart, Two Spines / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by seangy4konji: 4:07am On Sep 22, 2017
What derived can a man be taking?assuming having plans to impregnate soon?
Liftedhands:
Nope! It's the first and most important drug every pregnant or woman of child bearing age should be on.

It's advised for all women who are able to bear kids to be on folic acid 400mg daily (even before trying to get pregnant) as long as the woman is sexually active to avoid spina bifida which usually occurs in the first week of pregnancy.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by bigsmoke2(m): 4:12am On Sep 22, 2017
This is not something that should make the news, hydrocephalus is a fairly common condition . The baby needs a shunt

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by ziga: 4:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Liftedhands:
Looking at the other picture of her back it's obvious the mom didn't take folic acid in her early stage of pregnancy cos the baby is also suffering from neural tube defect . cry

Absolutely right.

Looks like spinal bifida.

A large percentage of babies born with spinal bifida also have hydrocephalus.

Truthfully, even with the best healthcare, chances of survival are low and chances of some form of permanent disability are high.

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by belindar: 4:51am On Sep 22, 2017
When you have a useless govt which cannot provide basic amenities for its citizens, this is the result. I learnt Akpabio Claimed he used Billions of naira to build a world class hospital in his state yet he ran away for medical checkup in uk when he a minor accident which requires just a pharmacist to prescribe a pain killer for him over the counter in Nigeria.
If this is Buhari child he would have fly him/her get to America or London.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 22, 2017
Ayo4251:
If it were to be an advance country, I believe the kid would have undergone the proper surgery... Poor medical service in Nigeria... sad

This is not the first case in Nigeria, the issue here is money which the parent don't have. It costs about N200K here but her parents are poor.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Austin234(m): 5:35am On Sep 22, 2017
This innocent baby will not die in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Oyindidi(f): 5:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

200k? This is so painful cry
I doubt, my friend's baby is suffering from such. Test alone that was carried out on her is 55k. They went to India for surgery and the head is still. She is 4 years old and can neither talk nor walk.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Liftedhands(f): 6:03am On Sep 22, 2017
seangy4konji:
What derived can a man be taking?assuming having plans to impregnate soon?
Eat healthy and stay off or limit alcohol and tobacco intake .

A healthy sperm wins the race.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by c4tnoelz: 6:03am On Sep 22, 2017
When lack of money makes you powerless or when physicians fail, JESUS IS ALWAYS AN OPTION.

Let the parent of that baby take him/her to church. I've seen a case similar to that solved by jesus before. My advice w'd only look funny or stupid to you if you have not tasted Jesus power.

You're right, the parents should take the child to either Dunamis church in abuja or Scoan in Lagos.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Lekayleke: 6:16am On Sep 22, 2017
baybeeboi:
This is a condition called hydrochephalus. It is a condition where there's too much fluid in the skull. An operation will be required to drain the water from the skull.

probably we need ventriculoperitoneal Shunt..
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 6:17am On Sep 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
I doubt, my friend's baby is suffering from such. Test alone that was carried out on her is 55k. They went to India for surgery and the head is still. She is 4 years old and can neither talk nor walk.
Oh... cry
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by daywatcher: 6:19am On Sep 22, 2017
Cinkq:
When lack of money makes you powerless or when physicians fail, JESUS IS ALWAYS AN OPTION.

Let the parent of that baby take him/her to church. I've seen a case similar to that solved by jesus before. My advice w'd only look funny or stupid to you if you have not tasted Jesus power.

Why did Jesus let the girl suffer like this?
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Oyindidi(f): 6:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

Oh... cry
I pity this baby, they should treat her fast before its too late. Doctors advised they should kill the baby( my friend's baby). The heart wrecking thing is she had her through ivf and its her second child after 15 years.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 6:24am On Sep 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
I pity this baby, they should treat her fast before its too late. Doctors advised they should kill the baby( my friend's baby). The heart wrecking thing is she had her through ivf and its her second child after 15 years.
Kill a 4 year old baby? What kind of advice is that?
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Oyindidi(f): 6:26am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

Kill a 4 year old baby? What kind of advice is that?
My sister, its that bad. We are believing God for healing.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ishilove: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
My sister, its that bad. We are believing God for healing.
God is more than able to heal that child. She should disregard any advice to kill her child because it is of the devil.

Where doctors stop, God will take over.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by tashashiel(f): 6:41am On Sep 22, 2017
PROPUNTER:
The Baby wan turn to Edward.
pls don't joke with everything !!
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Oyindidi(f): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Ishilove:

God is more than able to heal that child. She should disregard any advice to kill her child because it is of the devil.

Where doctors stop, God will take over.
Amen!
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 22, 2017
<a href="http://ajiboye.com/affiliate-partners?aid=gpakibor4" target="_blank" title="Monkey Business Agency Inc - Monkey Business Agency - Our business is building your business.">Affiliate Program - Partner & Profit with the best compensation plan for Sales Pros</a>
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by kayola11(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2017
Take d kid to a general Hospital, d water dat is to make d baby grow up well isn't passing well so they ve to perform a surgery... the earlier the better
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Kingnonny(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2017
This Is a brain problem where ventricle chanel that takes water away from the brain is blocked either by tumor or other complications In adults. But in this case it might be as a result of the mum's different consumption of medicine or other stuff while she was still pregnant. The build up in the forehead there is accumulated water hence it's called Hydrocephalus, and it comes with severe headaches. Surgery can correct it, either by removing the tumor completely or pass shunt through the body. I pray the baby gets well soon
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Kingnonny(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Those Doctors that adviced the child be killed are monsters, idiots
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by flawlessT(f): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2017
Uchenduin:

Am also thinking that he has spinal bifuda
Possibly
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by ultron12345: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2017
That baby has hydrocephalus and spinal Bifada. The baby will undergo either a shunt inplant or endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) (I prefer he undergoes ETV) for the hydrocephalus and another operation for the spinal Bifada. He needs to see a neurosurgeon urgently, I recommend he sees Dr. Tayo Ojo at LUTH, he is an expert in these cases with an excellent track record.

Don't bother going to any church as they are all powerless cretins and can do nothing. The mother also has fault in this, if she went to the hospital for antenatal instead of going to churches and herbal homes, she would have been given folic acid tablets which would have prevented it.

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Cinkq: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2017
daywatcher:

Why did Jesus let the girl suffer like this?
1 timothy 4:4 says for everything created by God is good.
So any bad situation hapening to man today is caused by satan/sin./carelessnes.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by netjoe: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2017
Oh my God.please d parent of dis baby � shud be emotionally strong I lost my daughter dis 4yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2017
PROPUNTER:
The Baby wan turn to Edward.

May the lord forgive you for this type of comment on a poor child that needs help
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by donqx: 8:05am On Sep 22, 2017
really
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by daywatcher: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2017
Cinkq:
1 timothy 4:4 says for everything created by God is good.
So any bad situation hapening to man today is caused by satan/sin./carelessnes.

Who created satan?
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by ultron12345: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2017
grin
daywatcher:

Who created satan?
cheesy U have finished him
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by juman(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2017
Sorry o.

Everything is difficult for common man in that destroyed country.
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Emdee590(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2017
Liftedhands:
Nope! It's the first and most important drug every pregnant or woman of child bearing age should be on.

It's advised for all women who are able to bear kids to be on folic acid 400mg daily (even before trying to get pregnant) as long as the woman is sexually active to avoid spina bifida which usually occurs in the first week of pregnancy.
400mg? Daily? For real? It is 5mg per tab, how do one gets that 400mg? And most prescription usually takes 1 per day which is 5mg per day.
Please educate my ignorance. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere / Idayat Gbadamosi: Ways Of Fighting Coronavirus With Herbs By Boosting Immunity / Fireworks Blows Off 10-year-Old Boy's Hand In Enugu (very Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.