Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha (20450 Views)

Pictures From IPOB May 30th Remembrance Day From Around The World / IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / IPOB May Banish Igbokwe From Igboland Over Anti-biafra Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by delugajackson: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
He's talking about himself here. All he cares about is the presidency, and not the yearnings of Igbos. We can see through your narrow way of sympathy, sir.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Reference(m): 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
IPOB or not, no EASTERN presidential candidate can be taken seriously.
The trust factor has been breached forever. kiss
After the Nigerian civil war?
Lai-lai!!!!!

Then that is Nigeria's problem and not that of the igbos. There is no country without a civil war in the past. Only in Nigeria's case has it not been able to overcome it. The American civil war was like forever ago. Today despite the south producing presidents the Confederate flag still flies in some southern localities. It was the church massacre by a white supremacist of unarmed black worshippers during a black presidency that caused the lowering of one recently voted BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THAT STATE meaning that other racist citizens had had enough and wanted integration. Why didn't Obama deploy the National Guard to burn down the place and protect fellow blacks.

The United Kingdom, France, Germany...no. country you can name does not have a chequered history of political civil strife. Only in Nigeria does the reasons for the first one still resound till today. It is not the failure of the defeated to remain defeated. It is the failure of the victorious to prove they were the real winners.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by BIODAVY(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
By WOLE SOYINKA......

The Ibos want Biafra
The North wants Ibo's exit
The Yorubas want Ibo's exit
The Ibos are saying "we have investments in your areas and cannot leave them"
And the fight is being cooked.

Amongst all these, the President is in London
Governors are sharing bailout funds
Workers salaries are not paid
Government officials have their children schooling abroad
Ministers and senators are looting

The poor Hausa man is riding Okada
The poor Ibo man is riding Okada
The poor Yoruba man is riding Okada

The poor Hausa man sleeps under the bridge as Alamajiri
The poor Yoruba man sleeps under the bridge as Alaye
The poor Ibo man sleeps under the bridge as agbero

It is pertinent to note that the poor from all ethnic groups in Nigeria have everything in common and so is the rich.

Do not allow the agitation of an Ibo man who lives in UK or USA for Biafra cause the killing of the Ibo man in Adamawa. The rich hate us that much.
Do not allow the Alhaji whose children are living abroad to persuade you to go and start killing on the street of Kaduna.

The problem in the country is not the agitation of any ethnic group but the unity of the elite and the disunity of the masses.

How many times have you taken your agitation to question your local government Chairmen?

Why have you not asked your Governors through agitation how they spent bailout fund?

Why have you not agitated against that government official whose mansions you go to beg for help?

Sad to note;
All the Governors love themselves
All the past Presidents love themselves
All the senators love themselves
All the top government officials love themselves
All the looters love themselves

Why can't you and I love ourselves?
Why cant we combine efforts and fight them?
Why do we fight ourselves?
Why do we allow them the freedom we don't have?

Remember; a good Nigeria is better than a good Arewa, Oduduwa or Biafra.

#One_love_Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Badonasty(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has stated that the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra will affect the chances of Igbos to produce Nigeria’s president.

According to him, the agitators had every right to complain about marginalization and not a call for separation from the country.
He told newsmen on Thursday that IPOB was not good for the South East, and it was not the best way for them to complain about marginalisation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He said, “There are better ways; the IPOB way is too primitive. If IPOB must do a thing like that it should have changed the name and fought the way Ijaw youths fought, Arewa youths fought, and they would have made more impact. For everything that comes from the Igbo man, we love to go to the extreme.

“Now you want to separate yourself from Nigeria, meanwhile, South-South will not go with you, Edo, Rivers will not go with you. If you cut us off here now as South east, if I need to go to Rivers State, I will go and ask for passport and visa, and we are keeping quiet to say this.
“If there is a crisis now, there is no Hausa man in Igbo land who has a duplex, there is no Yoruba man who has a room and parlour or a N20 million investment in Igbo land, but Igbo have trillions of naira virtually everywhere.

“The same people are asking for secession. If Igbo are asked to go, what happens? They would lose their property, and all of us are keeping quiet, supporting IPOB! It was very childish, and those behind this should stop, that is my advice.

“South-South has produced the president, South-West has produced a president and Vice President, the north has produced many presidents, it is hoping that one day in the next shift, by whatever arrangement, the next people that should be considered is the South-East by Nigeria’s sharing formula.
“So, where are we in our wisdom and the intelligence? That is my position on IPOB; my advice is that Igbo should change their style and condemn IPOB in a manner that should be done and let us flow with the rest of Nigeria for now because we shall benefit more than anyone else.”

Source: >>: http://RATIONALTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-biafra-ipob-may-stop-igbos.html

Okorocha wants to run for president...it's very obvious
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by papascode: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Okorocha shut up. This is an agitation for better lives not President.
People who have had presidents are not better off

You make brain for this talk@PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD PRESIDENTS ARE NOT BETTER OFF...LAST TIME I CHECKED, SHUT UP is not a bad SENTENCE too.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by kikake: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
RationalTV:
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has stated that the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra will affect the chances of Igbos to produce Nigeria’s president.

According to him, the agitators had every right to complain about marginalization and not a call for separation from the country.
He told newsmen on Thursday that IPOB was not good for the South East, and it was not the best way for them to complain about marginalisation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He said, “There are better ways; the IPOB way is too primitive. If IPOB must do a thing like that it should have changed the name and fought the way Ijaw youths fought, Arewa youths fought, and they would have made more impact. For everything that comes from the Igbo man, we love to go to the extreme.

“Now you want to separate yourself from Nigeria, meanwhile, South-South will not go with you, Edo, Rivers will not go with you. If you cut us off here now as South east, if I need to go to Rivers State, I will go and ask for passport and visa, and we are keeping quiet to say this.
“If there is a crisis now, there is no Hausa man in Igbo land who has a duplex, there is no Yoruba man who has a room and parlour or a N20 million investment in Igbo land, but Igbo have trillions of naira virtually everywhere.

“The same people are asking for secession. If Igbo are asked to go, what happens? They would lose their property, and all of us are keeping quiet, supporting IPOB! It was very childish, and those behind this should stop, that is my advice.

“South-South has produced the president, South-West has produced a president and Vice President, the north has produced many presidents, it is hoping that one day in the next shift, by whatever arrangement, the next people that should be considered is the South-East by Nigeria’s sharing formula.
“So, where are we in our wisdom and the intelligence? That is my position on IPOB; my advice is that Igbo should change their style and condemn IPOB in a manner that should be done and let us flow with the rest of Nigeria for now because we shall benefit more than anyone else.”

Source: >>: http://RATIONALTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-biafra-ipob-may-stop-igbos.html

What is this man talking about? All you want is become president of Nigeria.

If they make you president of Nigeria, you shall make yourself president of Abuja Capital Territory.
You shall leave the rest of Nigeria outside Abuja in dilapidation; as you boast to Nigerians that you are using 98% of Nigeria's capital development budget to build Abuja Mega City to "a befitting federal capital;" a capital to compete with London, Washington DC or Dubai. Meanwhile, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc cities remain in dilapidation. This is exactly your style in Imo state.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Ajekuiya: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
RationalTV:

We already know this Mr will vie to be a president someday, so stylishly campaigning at the expense of IPOB and the bases of Igbo in other part of the country. How would you even face the so called IPOB people and tell them you want to be president okorohausa
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by dedunji: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
Remove politics from okoroawusa and You will see the emptiness of Okoro , his sense of reasoning died long ego.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by kikake: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Before the biafra agitation by IPOB how many presidents has igbo produced?
Igbo don't need an igbo president all we want is equal rights as nigerians

Even if Igbo needs Igbo president, only Arewa can make this Okorocha be Igbo President of Nigeria, never gonna be with the consent of the Igbos.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Jokkarm2: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sir, i really appreciate your concern and is the truth. i live in Lagos, i see houses, companies the ibos s have . in all the estate in Lagos from Lekki to ibeju lekki, Ibos have 80% of the houses. i believe is the same in other state. i went to Niger state i also saw houses owned by ibos. i think we should be talking about house to develop our region rather than to separate.

our leaders are more concerned about their personal interest not for the people. is should be our focus .

LET S SEE THE TRUTH THAN SEEING WHAT A SINGLE PERSON IS TELLING US.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by CECEOO: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
i have never ever seen any one as useless as Rochas Anayo okorowausa messi.his people are dying and he is busy trying to be the president. ulo nna ya na agba oku ya na achu oke. efulefu who need their presidency. our brother are being kill by illiterate armies that do not know the law. this one is telling us nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Chiedu4Trump: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
niceprof:
It is irresponsible utterances like this that gave rise to IPOB.The truth of the matter was that there was a vaccum and Nnamdi Kanu stepped in.

You may not like him or his methodology ,but he stood up and was counted .

I concur, not totally in support of his methods but he is effective.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by zcee: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Before the biafra agitation by IPOB how many presidents has igbo produced?
Igbo don't need an igbo president all we want is equal rights as nigerians
you are right,not that I support biafra, but the way south eastern governors are behaving towards this agitation of biafra shows that they are after their own pocket,that's y Biafra will Neva work

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by PointB: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
Who President epp?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by es144000: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
PointZerom:
Okoroawusa, how many presidents did Igbos produce before IPOB came to the scene?.
The problem has been the military, if they did not strike,Igbos would have had their turn
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
[s][/s] Shut up.
Igbos is a fall out of the outcome of 2015 general election.
Nnamdiot cownu is a pig.

Loooooooooooool, guy only. Acute madness is ur only problem.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:

And who told u the ipob is an agitation for better lives better lives where exactly
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by abututony(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
You are on point cos ibo will loss support in the north and west.for fear of dragging nigerians into war.Ibos are not good politicians. They are always putting their eggs in one basket. When the basket is over loaded and tore, they start crying marginalisation. How I wish they learn fr the yorubas who divided themselves into pdp and Apc.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by KanwuliaExtra: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
Reference:

Then that is Nigeria's problem and not that of the igbos. There is no country without a civil war in the past. Only in Nigeria's case has it not been able to overcome it. The American civil war was like forever ago. Today despite the south producing presidents the Confederate flag still flies in some southern localities. It was the church massacre by a white supremacist of unarmed black worshippers during a black presidency that caused the lowering of one recently voted BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THAT STATE meaning that other racist citizens had had enough and wanted integration. Why didn't Obama deploy the National Guard to burn down the place and protect fellow blacks.

The United Kingdom, France, Germany...no. country you can name does not have a chequered history of political civil strife. Only in Nigeria does the reasons for the first one still resound till today. It is not the failure of the defeated to remain defeated. It is the failure of the victorious to prove they were the real winners.

Are the IGBOs united?
See Obi fighting Obiano in one state alone?

Shiooooor

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Rett0: 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
dokie:
Rochas Okorocha like many other politicians are not in touch with reality because they are living off the countries resources.

When you see majority of those that make up IPOB, its obvious that they are a representation of those that Nigeria has not favored in anyway. This class of people form a huge majority of Nigerians be it from the south or north. NK made them to believe that Nigeria has nothing to offer them now or in the future, by a northern president or a southern one which is just the simple truth.

The day the south west , south south and north are able to get someone who will appeal to the poor In their regions the way NK did in the east, they would also realize the truth that no president of the present structure of Nigeria regardless of his tribe can lift them out of their present situation, and you will see an IPOB in each of those regions.

What did the Obasanjo presidency do for the SW,
What did the Jonathan presidency do for the SS,
What did the Yar Adua presidency do for the north,
What did the entire decades northerners ruled Nigeria do for the commoners in the north,
What has buharis administration done for the north, or osibanjos vice-presidency done for the SW,
Have they turned their regions around? Has the poverty level in their regions reduced or increased?
So what does Rochas Okorocha think Ibo presidency will do for the SE?

I am presently unable to see the benefits of secession from Nigeria for the south east, but it's much better than remaining the way we are.

We are all using smart phones to make our contributions on nairaland. Now when our phones hang indefinitely, we flash it to see if it can work again. Nigeria has been hanging for a better part of our 57 years of independence, it needs to be flashed.

Rochas Okorocha can take his Ibo presidency and shove it up his ass.

You talk sense. Nigeria isn't working the way it is. Electing and reelecting with no impact on majority. Insanity is doing things in same manner and expecting different outcome.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by LionDeLeo: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Loooooooooooool, guy only. Acute madness is ur only problem.
E pain am reach bone.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by okerekeikpo: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
Useless man, have we been producing the President b4?
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
this useless shapeless ritualist have been eyeing the presidency for years... Okoroawusa Igbo's don't need the presidency to make a mark in the society... I rather vote for dullard buhari than to vote for you... Onye Ara
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Okoroawusa: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
dedunji:
Remove politics from okoroawusa and You will see the emptiness of Okoro , his sense of reasoning died long ego.
Ur hatred for me is like that of an ant for an elephant.
You r still beneath me.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by DerscomTQJ: 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Okorocha is a northen agent in the east.
How did become a governor there ?
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Okoroawusa: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
kikake:

What is this man talking about? All you want is become president of Nigeria.

If they make you president of Nigeria, you shall make yourself president of Abuja Capital Territory.
You shall leave the rest of Nigeria outside Abuja in dilapidation; as you boast to Nigerians that you are using 98% of Nigeria's capital development budget to build Abuja Mega City to "a befitting federal capital;" a capital to compete with London, Washington DC or Dubai. Meanwhile, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc cities remain in dilapidation. This is exactly your style in Imo state.
As an insider,am telling u that Okorocha is being positioned by APC to be Nigeria's president in 2023 after Buhari whether the Igbos like it or not.
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by maisauki: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
ppl who hav had presidents are way better off...if you wanna disprove my asserssion, don't shout, just travel round d country
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
IPOB members are over 85 million populace in Nigeria alone. Not to talk of diaspora. Yet, five of you south east governors that used IPOB votes to became governors are now conniving with northern politicians sending military to come and massacring unarmed IPOB agitators asking for referendum because you don't like their campaigns methods.

You are using government might with taxpayers money to demolished their markets and their business places and massacring them, tagging with all sorts of names yet want the same IPOB to votes for you corrupt things as Igbos president
Shame on you Rochas Okorocha and all the corrupt southeast governors and politicians.

Restored Biafra Independent to Indigenous People Of Biafra and those in the north will know what to do.

#REFERENDUM

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by maisauki: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
nabiz:
someone should tell this man that Igbo s are not asking for president. What Igbo want is a system that work. Nigeria system is not working that even an angle will perform in governance
I think some ppl should be tutored on how to comment on this forum...how on earth will you quote d whole article
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Charly68: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
dokie:
Rochas Okorocha like many other politicians are not in touch with reality because they are living off the countries resources.

When you see majority of those that make up IPOB, its obvious that they are a representation of those that Nigeria has not favored in anyway. This class of people form a huge majority of Nigerians be it from the south or north. NK made them to believe that Nigeria has nothing to offer them now or in the future, by a northern president or a southern one which is just the simple truth.

The day the south west , south south and north are able to get someone who will appeal to the poor In their regions the way NK did in the east, they would also realize the truth that no president of the present structure of Nigeria regardless of his tribe can lift them out of their present situation, and you will see an IPOB in each of those regions.

What did the Obasanjo presidency do for the SW,
What did the Jonathan presidency do for the SS,
What did the Yar Adua presidency do for the north,
What did the entire decades northerners ruled Nigeria do for the commoners in the north,
What has buharis administration done for the north, or osibanjos vice-presidency done for the SW,
Have they turned their regions around? Has the poverty level in their regions reduced or increased?
So what does Rochas Okorocha think Ibo presidency will do for the SE?
I am presently unable to see the benefits of secession from Nigeria for the south east, but it's much better than remaining the way we are.
We are all using smart phones to make our contributions on nairaland. Now when our phones hang indefinitely, we flash it to see if it can work again. Nigeria has been hanging for a better part of our 57 years of independence, it needs to be flashed.
Rochas Okorocha can take his Ibo presidency and shove it up his ass.
. All they care about is the collection & sharing of national cakes...how far has his Governorship affected the downtrodden..?
Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jolar101:
IPOB members are over 85 million populace in Nigeria alone. Not to talk of diaspora. Yet, five of you south east governors used IPOB votes to became governors are now conniving with northern military to massacring unarmed agitators asking for referendum because you like their campaigns methods.

No be only 85 million IPOB members - na 8.5 billion.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha by drTOO: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
This rochas is one of the most intelligent igbos, if not the most intelligent.
What u igbos fail to realise is that with an igbo president, the fight for secession would be an easy one....
Dance to their tune until u get to power, then strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Reacts To Gov. Wike's Oil Bunkering Allegation Against Gen. Sarham / Uche Ogah Distributes Palliatives To Abia Communities (Photos) / Troops Kill Over 50 Bandits In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.