Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,606 members, 7,847,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances (460 Views)

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On 2019 Elections / "Governor My Ass" - Gov Wike Under Fire From His Nephew / Reno Omokri: Nnamdi Kanu's Influence Reducing Because Of His Utterances (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2017
Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike of Rivers state, on Thursday, September 22, urged Nigerians to ask Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Nigeria’s information minister, to stop allegedly peddling utterances that heat up the polity. In reaction, Alhaji Mohammed said Wike was only looking for a way he would react and elevate the governor to a decent human being.

“I cannot join words with Wike because doing so would mean elevating him to a decent human being,”

the minister, who had continuously ensured Nigerians are kept abreast of issues of national development in relation to the administration of Muhammadu Buhari, told Kabsedo.com on the phone.

Wike, who spoke during while declaring open the All Nigeria Editors Conference holding in Port Harcourt, said Nigeria was in crisis because of four major challenges which he said are

“poor governance, nepotism, marginalization and state-sponsored repression continue to do violence to national unity and cohesion.” Wike’s spokesperson, Simeon Nwakaudu, quoted the governor as urging “all well-meaning Nigerians to call on the minister of information, Lai Mohammed, to stop stoking the embers of disharmony and divisions in the polity with his irresponsible utterances and wild allegations against members of opposition political parties.”

The governor said:

“We are only pretending we think that all is well with our country. The country is in crisis as poor governance, nepotism, marginalization and state-sponsored repression continue to do violence to nation unity and cohesion. “At times like this, the country needs forthright leadership and consensus building to steer the ship of state from the wrong direction it is headed to safer grounds. “Nigerians of goodwill must therefore call the minister of information to stop stoking the ambers of disharmony and divisions in the polity with his irresponsible utterances and wild allegations against members of opposition political parties.”

He added:

“For some of us therefore, there is nothing nobler than being counted on this path and as long as God gives us breathe we shall remain in the trenches fighting for our democratic rights and freedoms until victory is ultimately achieved. “But, we also believe that this is a fight that should and must be led by the media for full effect and agenda setting. “This calls for greater vigilance and courage in giving effective voice to the contending issues and taking personal responsibility for factuality.It can’t be otherwise.”

He lamented that despite the monumental achievements of his administration, the opposition in......

Read on: https://www.kabsedo.com/wike-fire-accusing-lai-mohammed-making-irresponsible-utterances.html

Re: Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances by ayoomo9(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2017
God help my country. cry
Re: Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances by Mynd44: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2017

(1)

Nigeria Army Ambush Boko Haram Terrorist, Kill Two - Army Spokes Person.photos / No Matter How Hard I Try, If I Move To APC, My Soul Will Not Follow Me - Lamido / Sept 14th, Why We Struck: Plan To Overthrow Buhari Govt - Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.