Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? (832 Views)

‘weekend Getaway’ Hits Nigerian Cinemas In March 2013! / Jozi Kings Premiering Soon In Nigerian Cinemas Live / Anchor Baby in Nigerian Cinemas Soon! December 10th 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? by macnuel: 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
We really need to talk to these Cinemas. What movies are they feeding us with?

I was hoping to catch some of these new movies that are making US box offices here in Nigeria and i have somehow been waiting for weeks but no show. After Avatar, they've not really brought nice movies. Where's Invictus? Hurt Locker? Even the Precious i thought they'll bring. It's nowhere to be found.

maybe they need to understand some needs of the Nigerian viewer.
Re: What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? by spikedcylinder: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
At least they are still showing some blockbuster movies even if it's months after their release. Goodluck with getting them to show indie movies. cheesy
Re: What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? by obinna5000(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
@macnuel
The original DVD of "Precious" will be out on March 9 2010.
"The Hurt Locker" original DVD is already available.
I think "Invictus" is being shown on either Silverbird cinemas or Genesis Deluxe cinemas.
Re: What's With These Nigerian Cinemas? by macnuel: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

At least they are still showing some blockbuster movies even if it's months after their release. Goodluck with getting them to show indie movies. cheesy

@ spikedcylinder: You just hit my hurt a little.

obinna5000:

@macnuel
The original DVD of "Precious" will be out on March 9 2010.
"The Hurt Locker" original DVD is already available.
I think "Invictus" is being shown on either Silverbird cinemas or Genesis Deluxe cinemas.

Thanks for the information. The thing is I have watched most of these movies and yeah, I know of City Mall cinemas is showing Invictus this week or the next. But that's like how many weeks. After all the fire has been quenched and Alaba boys might have had their fill. I remembered when Avatar came out. I had seen a couple of sales from these Alaba boys before Silverbird started "premiering" it. It's killing the cinema thingy in people like me. Most times, we have to wait for weeks before it comes out to the cinema or on DVD.

(1) (Reply)

Script Writters Wanted / Zombies, Superman, And A Return To Oz Among Movies To Look Forward To In 2013 / 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.