Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims (571 Views)

Earthquake hits Turkey and Syria, 1,400 Killed (Pictures, Video) / A Massacre Of Christians By Jews: 614 A.d.–an Untold Chapter Of History / Rohingya Muslims Kidnapped 100 Burmese Hindus, Murdered 92 Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by SabiKing(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Latest violence follows an attack by Rohingya insurgents on police posts in the remote Rakhine region. Almost 400 people have died in clashes between security forces and Rohingya Muslims in Burma, the country's military commander has said.

The numbers, posted on the military's official Facebook page, are a sharp increase on the previously reported toll of just over 100. The statement said all but 29 of the 399 dead were insurgents, whom it described as terrorists. The statement said there had been 90 armed clashes including an initial 30 attacks by insurgents on 25 August, making the combat more extensive than previously announced.

Pope Francis defends right of Burma's Rohingya Muslims to 'live their faith'

BANGLADESH STRUGGLES TO COPE WITH INFLUX OF ROHINGYA REFUGEES

Advocates for the Rohingya, an oppressed Muslim minority in overwhelmingly Buddhist Burma, say hundreds of Rohingya civilians have been killed by security forces.

According to the UN, some 38,000 have fled into neighbouring Bangladesh. It comes after Chris Lewa, director of the Arakan Project pressure group, told ABC: "So far reports—I think quite credible—mention about 130 people including women and children killed.

"That happened on Sunday when suddenly security forces cordoned [off] the whole area, together with Rakhine villagers. It seems like this has been a major massacre in Rathedaung." The latest violence follows an attack by Rohingya insurgents on police posts in the remote region, prompting a huge military crackdown.

The insurgent group that claimed responsibility for last week's attacks, the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army, said it acted to protect Rohingya communities.

ROHINGYA MOTHERS FACE PERSECUTION

Ramida Begum holds her 10-day-old daughter in their shelter in Kutupalang, an unregistered refugee camp in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. 'The military caught my husband and burnt our house down a week before I left Myanmar. Since then I don't know whether my husband is dead or alive' Reuters

Minara Begum sits inside the shelter, cradling her one-month-old son Ayub. Minara fled to Bangladesh from Nasha Phuru village in Myanmar with her husband and mother-in-law. 'My child doesn't get enough breast milk as I don't eat enough nutritious food. I have to buy milk powder from local market though it's not very good for my son' Reuters

Burma's leader, Aung San Suu Kyi has said the "terrorist" attacks were "a calculated attempt to undermine the efforts of those seeking to build peace and harmony in Rakhine state".

The Burmese government has repeatedly denied claims the Rohingya are facing genocide. It previously brushed away evidence of human rights violations as fake news and "propaganda".

Bangladeshi border guards have tried to keep out the fleeing Rohingya, but thousands could be seen on Friday making their way across muddy rice fields.

Young people helped carry the elderly, some on makeshift stretchers, and children carried newborns.

read more here:

http://www.tipsissuesonline.com/2017/09/burma-400-killed-amid-massacre-of.html

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by nototribalist: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hausa Fulanis are doing same in Nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by Nightwolf1: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
Their business
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by SuperStriker: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
nototribalist:

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by lomprico(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
nototribalist:

Same thing in syria, iraq, egypt, libya, Palestine, pakistan, etc.
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by ronkeenuf(f): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
nototribalist:
lomprico:

Same thing in syria, iraq, egypt, libya, Palestine, pakistan, etc.

Is that the new norm? If others are doing it elsewhere then it's right?
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by nototribalist: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
ronkeenuf:

Is that the new norm? If others are doing it elsewhere then it's right?
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
if I slap you

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by RomeSankara: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
The Buhari regime also Killed over 1000 shias in one night and buried them in mass Graves

1 Like

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
Notice how all the posters above focused on defending the genocide. Not a single condemnation and you tell me that christianity preaches love

1 Like

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Notice how all the posters above except one focused on defending the genocide. Not a single condemnation and you tell me that christianity preaches love

1 Like

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by manuelzz(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
abduljabbar4:
Notice how all the posters above focused on defending the genocide. Not a single condemnation and you tell me that christianity preaches love

I thought islam also preaches peace? Did you condemn Buhari when he murdered over 1000 shiite faithfuls and hundreds of people in southeast Nigeria? What about the marauding fulani herdsmen,killing and raping people all over Nigeria?
We'll keep rubbing your hypocrisy on your scrawny faces!

2 Likes

Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
manuelzz:

I thought islam also preaches peace? Did you condemn Buhari when he murdered over 1000 shiite faithfuls and hundreds of people in southeast Nigeria? What about the marauding fulani herdsmen,killing and raping people all over Nigeria?
We'll keep rubbing your hypocrisy on your scrawny faces!

Pot calling kettle black. okay, so where were you when gej killed hundreds of shiites and killed zakzakys children? abi you dont know? I would also advise that you check my previous posts. mynd44 banned me for over 6 months that time "for supporting terrorism" when i criticized buhari and said that it mind turn them into terrorists as that was how boko haram started.

As for the herdsmen, have i ever defended them? no. But i know there are instances when i said that you cant arrest all herdsmen as the average fulani herdsman can never get access to those sophisticated weapons they weild.

ipob has been threatening to do all sorts of things to Nigeria and yes they have attempted that. I remember when you guys were praising an ipob member when he disarmed and beat up a zoo soldier. same thing when you burnt down a police station. But even at that i want you to show me where i supported the killings.
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by RomeSankara: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
abduljabbar4:
Notice how all the posters above except one focused on defending the genocide. Not a single condemnation and you tell me that christianity preaches love

Rohingya Muslims have the temerity to attack a govt border post killing a lot of Myanmar soldiers buy then you didn't say anything now the govt is cracking down on the armed terrorist you are crying foul but in your own country IPOB didn't attack any govt border post yet the Army went to IPOB home and cracked down on them maybe even killing their their leader Kanu and you supported that one ..If you can support the Crack down on IPOB you must also support the Rohingya massacre ...Myanamar buddist are very peaceful and it's clear Rohingya Muslims are the problem
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
RomeSankara:

Rohingya Muslims have the temerity to attack a govt border post killing a lot of Myanmar soldiers buy then you didn't say anything now the govt is cracking down on the armed terrorist you are crying foul but in your own country IPOB didn't attack any govt border post yet the Army went to IPOB home and cracked down on them maybe even killing their their leader Kanu and you supported that one ..If you can support the Crack down on IPOB you must also support the Rohingya massacre ...Myanamar buddist are very peaceful and it's clear Rohingya Muslims are the problem

Gosh! I just challenged you to show me where i praised the army for killing ipob memvers but you ignored that one. I dont support ipob because they haye everything about me but that doesnt mean that i want anybody to die. So by your logic, even those little children and old men participated in the ambush right?

I want you to say amen to this. May you be killed for the crime of any of your tribesmen
Re: Burma: 400 Killed Amid 'massacre' Of Rohingya Muslims by RomeSankara: 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Gosh! I just challenged you to show me where i praised the army for killing ipob memvers but you ignored that one. I dont support ipob because they haye everything about me but that doesnt mean that i want anybody to die. So by your logic, even those little children and old men participated in the ambush right?

I want you to say amen to this. May you be killed for the crime of any of your tribesmen

That will never happen so don't waste your time because I will never come across violence in my life .I have never supported crackdowns on civil population but all I am saying is that if we condemn the crackdown in Myanamar we must also condemn the man inhuman crackdown by this regime

(1) (Reply)

Netherlands Prime Minister Riding A Bicycle To Meet The King (photos) / Unbeliveable, A Country Where Citizens Are Paid To Use Electricity. / America Is Finished - Babylon Is Fallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.