Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,251 members, 7,957,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship (2718 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Nnamdi Kanu's Father Eze Kanu Is Dead. / Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Fresh Trouble Over UK Citizenship / BREAKING NEWS ! NNAMDI KANU ARRESTED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by alizma: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
A UK-based civil society organization, Citizens United for Peace and Stability (CUPS) said on Friday that it is gathering facts about the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, in a bid to ask the Government to revoke his British citizenship.

Nnamdi Kanu is a dual citizen of the United Kingdom and Nigeria.

Dr. Idris Ahmed, the Convener of CUPS said the move seeking the revocation of Kanu’s British citizenship was connected to alleged acts of “terrorism perpetrated by IPOB, including the recent attacks on Northerners living in the Southeast.”

“Beyond any doubt, IPOB is a terrorist organization. I have watched so many video clips on Facebook in which Nnamdi Kanu talked about mobilizing weapons and financial resources to wage war against the Nigerian State, Ahmed said in a Facebook post.

“The CUPS organization has started compiling evidence to pass to the British Government to strip Nnamdi Kanu of his UK citizenship,” he said.
“Under a new law, over 100 UK citizens who went overseas to commit acts of terrorism or fight for ISIS have been stripped of their citizenship by the Home Secretary (Minister of Internal Affairs).

“Nnamdi Kanu perfectly falls into this category,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by nototribalist: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
alizma:
A UK-based civil society organization, Citizens United for Peace and Stability (CUPS) said on Friday that it is gathering facts about the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, in a bid to ask the Government to revoke his British citizenship.

Dr. Idris Ahmed, the Convener of CUPS said the move seeking the revocation of Kanu’s British citizenship was connected to alleged acts of “terrorism perpetrated by IPOB, including the recent attacks on Northerners living in the Southeast.”

“Beyond any doubt, IPOB is a terrorist organization. I have watched so many video clips on Facebook in which Nnamdi Kanu talked about mobilizing weapons and financial resources to wage war against the Nigerian State, Ahmed said in a Facebook post.

“The CUPS organization has started compiling evidence to pass to the British Government to strip Nnamdi Kanu of his UK citizenship,” he said.
“Under a new law, over 100 UK citizens who went overseas to commit acts of terrorism or fight for ISIS have been stripped of their citizenship by the Home Secretary (Minister of Internal Affairs).

fake news

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by EazyMoh(m): 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
Double wahala

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Throwback: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
No be only IPOB fit mobilize in the UK.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by nototribalist: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
alizma:

Na only cups? How about glass plate association. When will dey ask the UK government that don't have their time for propaganda news.

UK know better, they know the zoogeria are trying to blackmail their citizen that's trying to liberate his people from Islamic terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by RomeSankara: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
How can a dead man land in trouble
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Nutase: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dumb post. You for kuku ma revoke him Nigerian citizenship join. You think you are in a banana republic were one man will declare a n organisation terrorist organization without due process.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hahahahahaha!!! U ppl are very funny ooo. How should u wast ur time to person who is dead?
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by technicallyrich(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Yorubas and their propaganda.
They say nnamdi kanu is dead.
Some say he ran away.
Some said he is locked up.
But like I always say freedom is very costly.and no matter how long it takes one day truth shall prevail over liars.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by ritababe(f): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
that would be better, he is a terrorist and Britain don't support terrorism.
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Ojiofor: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Revoke his Nigeria citizenship first before going to UK.
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by IloveTrump(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
alizma:

only terrorist will think ipob are terrorist. for your info UK is nota terrorist country, so they won't tagg ipob a terrorist group.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by IloveTrump(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
ritababe:
Britain support his type of terrorist but not the type of boko haram or any Muslim sect.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Kbanka: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
Before all this, where is he?
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by UduMgbo1: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
ritababe:
[/s]
what of buhari the illiterate terrorist
Ipob remains a peaceful organisation
kiss the truth kiss

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by frankdoz23: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
if you afonjas carry this una zoo craze enter united kingdom! Wetin ipob uk go do una eeeeee! Una go dry pass buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by TimFisher: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
angryKindergarten story...change the headline,is not appropriate, the news is different from the headline

As for cups or mugs...keep chasing shadow

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Freetech: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Is it not funny that the same set of people supporting or card carrying member of PdP are also ipob member and supporter.. Check the profile of people who have so far kicked against the proscription of ipob, they are those who either being investigated, facing corruption charges or those lawyers, NGO and organization who got share of loot from gen

Also check those that have kicked against military dealing with criminals in all the region, it's the same set of people. They shouting about security problem especially kidnappings and robberies but say no when government tackles it because pdp is the real criminal sponsoring them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by GavelSlam: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
There are now several categories of British citizens whose status is more or less secure depending on their situation.

(1) Those who are British citizens by birth and do not have another nationality cannot have their citizenship removed.

(2) Those who are British citizens by birth or naturalisation and are dual nationals. They may have their citizenship removed if that is considered conducive to the public good.

(3) Those who obtained their citizenship by naturalisation who are not dual nationals so that deprivation will leave them stateless. Their British citizenship may be revoked if: 1. It was obtained by fraud, false representation, or concealment of a material fact; or 2. They are considered to have acted in a way which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the UK and there are reasonable grounds for believing that the person is able to acquire another nationality.

Reportedly, 53 Britons were deprived of their citizenship since 2002.

Kanu's British citizenship is under risk with (2) & (3).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by aminu790(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
IPOB technically defeated

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by GavelSlam: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
I cannot even imagine his supporters wanting him to have British citizenship.

Isn't it better he's in the trenches with his soldiers?
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Ddaji(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good news to all lovers of peace and good Nigerian people that detest terrorists and terrorism. The application for the revocation of British citizenship of terrorist Nnamdi KANU has been submitted at British home secretary office and acknowledged. Below is the evidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Nukualofa: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
ritababe:
This Hairdresser that can't pass Post UME and has been shamed severally on Romance section.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Freetech:

Is it not funny that the same set of people supporting or card carrying member of PdP are also ipob member and supporter.. Check the profile of people who have so far kicked against the proscription of ipob, they are those who either being investigated, facing corruption charges or those lawyers, NGO and organization who got share of loot from gen

Also check those that have kicked against military dealing with criminals in all the region, it's the same set of people. They shouting about security problem especially kidnappings and robberies but say no when government tackles it because pdp is the real criminal sponsoring them.
Speak for yourself .
I'm not Ipob but what they want o's thier own cup of tea . After all Germany was broken into East and West after many years they agreed to merge again . 5 he republic of Ireland started like this , today they have thier own country as we speak Scotland is working hard to be their own country .
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by attackgat: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
The fact that the Nigerian government considers IPOB a terrorist organisation does not mean that the rest of the world will see it the same way, least of all Britain.

Even in Nigeria, opinion differs.

Britain is going to ask if IPOB are armed? No

Have they killed anyone? No

Have they attacked anyone outside the usual civilian/security sgencies clashes that exist in every country? No

Has Nnamdi Kanu himself killed anyone? No

So on what grounds will the British government revoke his citizenship?
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
This idiot thinks people in saner climes are as stupid as his pay masters
Re: Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship by GavelSlam: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
A lady named Uju, shared her personal experience listening to Radio Biafra recently.

Read her chronicles below + reactions from Nigerians… and i hope the presidency is aware of this

Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria’s Stability
I was on a drive back from Aba yesterday with my Mum when the conversation we were having led to the mention of this Radio Biafra which is currently airing on FM 102.1 in most South South and South Eastern states. Last time I heard of this Radio Biafra, it was an Internet radio station that didn’t have that much of a following to warrant any real concerns, however I was shocked to find out that they were now a terrestrial radio station with a Frequency Modular bandwidth. Anyways, I tuned in out of curiosity to find out what they were all about and that was when the hair on the back of my neck stood. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

For the entire period I was tuned into the station, it was back to back tirades against the current Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, raw undiluted anti-Semitic messages targeted mostly at the Yorubas, calls for the destruction of all Deeperlife Church posters, billboards and the burning and destruction of all Deeperlife churches in Aba and all Igbo Land, the stopping of any Deeperlife crusade from holding in Aba, calls for the Igbos to arm themselves pending when he (Nnamdi Kanu who was being referred to as director) would give the clarion call for the war to commence, calls for Igbos and the supporters of the Biafran cause to join their local chapter and contribute money to him (Nnamdi) to purchase arms to prosecute a war against the Government of Nigeria. The Nnamdi character freely spewed hate for Yorubas and Hausas, referred to Nigeria as a Zoo that they would destroy, e.t.c

At first, I just felt that this was a case of a Lunatic who seems to have found his way into a radio station, but my fears didn’t rise until I heard the calls coming into the station from his growing followers. One of such callers actually said Hello Director, If Kumuyi steps into Aba, I WILL KILL HIM”. Another caller said he was a technician of sorts and was willing to offer his services to help build a bomb to destroy Nigeria and the Nnamdi character took his number and promised to get in touch with him. The calls kept coming in and it was just caller after caller pledging support for the cause of this deranged man. It didn’t matter that the Nnamdi Character sounded rude, arrogant and full of himself and obviously had a thirst for power, it didn’t matter that he was insulting and disrespecting most of the callers who dialed in, more people kept calling.

Now my reason for starting this thread is to use this medium to bring the attention of the Government to the birth of a New Terrorist group in the South East.. I couldn’t help but remember that this was exactly how the Boko Haram menace started, First it was just an Islamic preacher who was also doing Charity works and feeding his followers, then it grew into a militia that has cause the death of over 15,000 Nigerians and counting. Please those with the right connect should inform our security agencies. Whilst listening, most of the callers were reading out their phone numbers over the air and I was wondering if someone is noting down these numbers and placing taps on them and placing the owners on the terrorist watch list.

I would be honest and say that this Biafra Radio broadcast really troubled me. One of our workers who is a listener and was a follower only changed his views after I managed to explain to him the implications of what this Nnamdi Character was soliciting. The Nnamdi fellow is not hard to catch, below is a picture of him I pulled off of the Internet. And it seems he freely enters and leaves Nigeria as he pleases.

I really hope someone in a position of authority hears this message and acts on it fast before things get to the point where we now have to start doing damage control at which point many innocent lives would have been lost. Let’s use the Lessons learnt from the Boko Haram case and the arrest and murder of Mohammed Yussuf to find a way of finding, arresting and shutting down this Terrorist Group. Today we may think it’s just a radio broadcast, but if half the callers I heard were not just blowing hot. Air, then we must take this threat to National peace seriously.

A stitch in time Saves nine.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/myinnerstrenght./2015/06/25/radio-biafra-fm-102-1threatens-to-kill-pastor-kumuyi-and-deeperlife-church-members-in-aba-threat-to-national-stability/amp/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Says, Dragon Disapear With $486m Missing World Bank Loan / Why Is There No South East Governor At The Ongoing Inauguration In Benin / [video] Eastern Security Network Seen Patrolling Biafrans Farmlands {video}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.