Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed (1044 Views)

Urgent Help Needed In Choosing An Suv / Help Needed For My Camry 2006 / Help Needed Lexus Es330 Vs Benz E320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed by elijah101(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
I need help .. I noticed that there was no oil at all in my toyota camry 012 model .. and i serviced not quite long .. towards the ending of Last month .. what can i do ..what do you think the problem could be .. i am thinking maybe the guys that did the servicing at the Fuel station did not tight the oil place well .. that was what made it leak .. and i poured the little oil remaining from the servicing .. and it just leaked a little and has not since then as i am checking .. but i have stopped driving the car though ..
Re: Help Needed by Lovetinz(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
What oil was in the car before service.
Was the previous oil level normal.
What oil and filter was it replaced with?
If there is no sign of oil leakage,
If they poured that 20w50 poison in your engine...
Start praying.
Re: Help Needed by honmusa(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
elijah101:
I need help .. I noticed that there was no oil at all in my toyota camry 012 model .. and i serviced not quite long .. towards the ending of Last month .. what can i do ..what do you think the problem could be .. i am thinking maybe the guys that did the servicing at the Fuel station did not tight the oil place well .. that was what made it leak .. and i poured the little oil remaining from the servicing .. and it just leaked a little and has not since then as i am checking .. but i have stopped driving the car though ..
If you car is leaking oil externally,you don't even need a guru to check that for u cos you will see the oil leak under where the car is parked or sign of oil leaking around the engine area but if there no sign of such then you need to if the leak is internal .
And to check rev the car to almost redline while you tell an assistant to help your check the colour of exhaust coming out of the tailpipe, if you have white smoke then that indicate internal leak due to worn piston ring or worn valve assembly.
Also patronizing low quality oil that evaporate easily can also make you to lose oil unnecessarily.
Re: Help Needed by elijah101(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
I use Mobil 1
replaced with new oil and new filter
there is sign of oil leaking around the engine area and on the floor where its parked
The level was normal .. the normal 4 litres plus half of the 1 litre
been using it for 2 years now .. this is happening for the first time after servicing
Lovetinz:
What oil was in the car before service.
Was the previous oil level normal.
What oil and filter was it replaced with?
If there is no sign of oil leakage,
If they poured that 20w50 poison in your engine...
Start praying.
Re: Help Needed by bravolad(m): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2017
elijah101:
I use Mobil 1
replaced with new oil and new filter
there is sign of oil leaking around the engine area and on the floor where its parked
The level was normal .. the normal 4 litres plus half of the 1 litre
been using it for 2 years now .. this is happening for the first time after servicing

Obviousl, it's either the mechanic didn't tight the filter housing or the drain plug properly.

What weight of Mobil 1 are u using? I guess you are using the wrong oil. The recommended engine oil for your car is 0w-20. The fact that you are using Mobil 1 does not make it right. The recommended engine oil is written on the engine cap cover through which oil is poured into the engine.
Re: Help Needed by elijah101(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
Thanks Guys for your wonderful Advice .. I forgot to update you guys .... I changed the filter housing .. No more leakages anymore ..

(1) (Reply)

Should I Get Another Tint Pernit? / Stunning BMW Z8 Once Owned By Apple Legend Steve Jobs On Sale For £300,000 / Kia Releases Car For The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.