Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better (4034 Views)

Between INEC And GTB Which One Would U Choose? / Between Diamond Bank And GTB, Which Pays Higher / Diamond Or Copper Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by henconcept: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2007
HI guys,

I have just done the medicals for diamond bank and am expecting tehir lettre by the grace of God and I have passed the gtb test, expecting heir interview soon.

gtb abd diaomnnd bank, which one is bettre, as in career, work and salary, please i neesed info fomr the hou
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by DaJunta(m): 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2007
GUy,
Both Diamond and Gtb are great banks. In respect of career growth it depends on the tribe u come from.
If your Afenifere Take up GTB but;
If your Ohanaeze, take up Diamond. grin wink

But one tin u shld know is that DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by dgov(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2007
Dajunta, diamonds are forever but Guaranty trust Guarantees ur future
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by viperman: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2007
Go with diamond. They have a brighter future forget the fancy branches GTB is putting up here and there.
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by DaJunta(m): 1:22am On Feb 20, 2007
dgov:

Dajunta, diamonds are forever but Guaranty trust Guarantees your future

Can Gtb guarantee ur future forever I doubt

Diamonds shine till d end of time.

Oh boy, shine like a star. Camp with Diamond.

dgov,
that guarantee dey give u 4 GTB get expiry date ooooo!!!!!!!
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by lloyds(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2007
Gtbank is by far stronger and bigger that Diamond.

Diamond is just on the brink of entering into one of the mamoths of Nigerian Banks. Sincerly, Gtbank remains the only Nigerian Bank that is being used as a case study in Harvard Business School.

Think well; feel the 'GT MAGIC'

1 Like

Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by hni(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2007
well as a former GTBank trainee i stand never in life to be corrected!,gtbank is where every serious minded individual with a zest for career excellence will want to pitch his or her tent.the ambiance of the working and training environ speaks for itself,even when you pass the training school,i tell you you still get trained on and on and on.peradventure people mislead you and you go chasing after diamonds like "007s"gtbank will still take the "damn prodigal son" back, harvard university can tell you more. ,if you like the wounds in my heart after i failed training school,i tell you ,you will remain poisoned to an un-redeemable extent cheers 4m " hni" asyou apply yopur hearts to wisdom bayet1624@yahoo.com grin
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by DaJunta(m): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2007
Oh boy u guyz shld stop this shit of harvard business school.

Compare the pay package of both financial institutions and know how much u will go home with.
Check & revert , its all about da money, cool

Im out wink
lloyds:

Gtbank is by far stronger and bigger that Diamond.

Diamond is just on the brink of entering into one of the mamoths of Nigerian Banks. Sincerly, Gtbank remains the only Nigerian Bank that is being used as a case study in Harvard Business School.

Think well; feel the 'GT MAGIC'

Guy, Kindly prove 2d house dat GTBank is stronger.

Is it because they went ahead and copied Orange Telecom's logo??
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by lloyds(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2007
Guy,

From ur response, it could be vividly seen that u are not objective, but sentimental.
Now feel d facts:

- Gtbs' current NSE quoting is N29 per share to Diamonds N10
- GTb has a wider spread in-terms of branches in Gambia, Sierria Leone, Ghana and even Nigeria. While Diamond is "Unfound"

Morealso, Gtb currently pays abt 2.3M to young graduates, which cant be indexed to diam onds abt 1.6 or 7.

Guy, i dont av much time. But try expand ur horizon by trying to acquire more facts,

Once again, Feel d "GT MAGIC"
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by nitendo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2007
i dont know what the present situation is with you but i want to advice that you take up the diamond stuff and try to learn as fast as you can. in case GTB should call you,dont bother think twice becos once you go tru that traning, your life will never remain the same again. the way you talk, walk smile, think, sit, eat etc will be totally fine tuned.
guy i want you to do somethingg, just waik into any diamond branch or GT branch and compare them. gtb is a place to relax as a banker and not every other banker get into it but as a gtb trained banker every other bank wants you; if you get wat i mean
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by Kashif(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2007
I am not a banker so I think I am better positioned to give you objective advice. Forget the Ohaneze or Afenifere if you can. Don't listen to those childish Guranty "gurantees your future" or "Diamonds are forever" stuff. GTB is better than Diamond bank in all angles:

As at the end of last year, GTB remains the only Nigerian bank to be risk-rated internationally (though bb-). In Nigeria, GT is categorised in the first tier with the likes of zenith, first, uba etc. while Diamond is in the second tier with the likes of etb and co. In marketing for instance, GT does not give their staff individual target like others do; they have branch targets and work in teams. They have branches in other African countries as pointed out earlier by a poster.

I know Diamond fresh staff who are looking for jobs but I am yet to see a GT staff dropping CV's. I don't know but they (GT employees) seem to be more at ease. They are going places internationally but latently. If I had wanted to work with a bank, that would have been one of my choice options.

If you want pay, don't look at banks' financial statements or share prices. You see, being a 'big' bank does not guarantee that the employees' paycheques are big. For instance, UBA was quoted yesterday as the bank of the year 2006 but their freshers collect a miserable N720,000 per annum!! Don't miss Diamond but quit if you get the green light from GTB. The difference is 7up!

Finally, I know you might want to mind your grammer (typo) or maybe you were in a hurry?   cool cool

1 Like

Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by leeroy: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2007
guy you no go work for any one wey you see,you go surprise your chances go comot,even GROUNDNUT OIL COMPANY YOU NO GO SEE WORK, tongue
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by debbiedoyin: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
Guys pls this is very urgent..i got an offer
from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training
skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN
EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that
knows soo much about both banks i.e current and
first hand info.
Pls Wats both banks condition for promotion & work
ethics?
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good
work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment
and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career
pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by bucho(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
I work with Diamond Bank.And GTB is a step ahead in all indices except pay package.Can't say more than this.Go for GTB offer and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by debbiedoyin: 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
bucho: I work with Diamond Bank.And GTB is a step ahead in all indices except pay package.Can't say more than this.Go for GTB offer and thank me later.

Thanks alot
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by blackfm: 9:20am On Mar 14, 2013
debbie.doyin:
Guys pls this is very urgent..i got an offer
from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training
skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN
EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that
knows soo much about both banks i.e current and
first hand info.
Pls Wats both banks condition for promotion & work
ethics?
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good
work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment
and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career
pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!
I recognise ur handle frm the gtb thread. First off, congrats on getting TS invite from both companies. I av done a measure of reseach on both banks and come to realise that diamond only towers over gtb in pay packet. TS pay for diamond is 80k and gtb is 50k while entry level salary is 248k and 209k respectively but since you said you're thinking beyond the salary, ill advise you go with gtb. The work environment and terms are much more favorable and there's the issue of job security and prospect for advancement to consider. With gtb, ull find ur carreer a lot more fulfiling that u would at Diamond. All the best in ur choosing
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by debbiedoyin: 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thanks alot
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by seyilabi(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
Kashif: I am not a banker so I think I am better positioned to give you objective advice. Forget the Ohaneze or Afenifere if you can. Don't listen to those childish Guranty "gurantees your future" or "Diamonds are forever" stuff. GTB is better than Diamond bank in all angles:

As at the end of last year, GTB remains the only Nigerian bank to be risk-rated internationally (though bb-). In Nigeria, GT is categorised in the first tier with the likes of zenith, first, uba etc. while Diamond is in the second tier with the likes of etb and co. In marketing for instance, GT does not give their staff individual target like others do; they have branch targets and work in teams. They have branches in other African countries as pointed out earlier by a poster.

I know Diamond fresh staff who are looking for jobs but I am yet to see a GT staff dropping CV's. I don't know but they (GT employees) seem to be more at ease. They are going places internationally but latently. If I had wanted to work with a bank, that would have been one of my choice options.

If you want pay, don't look at banks' financial statements or share prices. You see, being a 'big' bank does not guarantee that the employees' paycheques are big. For instance, UBA was quoted yesterday as the bank of the year 2006 but their freshers collect a miserable N720,000 per annum!! Don't miss Diamond but quit if you get the green light from GTB. The difference is 7up!

Finally, I know you might want to mind your grammer (typo) or maybe you were in a hurry?   cool cool
. @ poster, dis is the best idea 4 u, & may u succeed in life.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by Mykolyke: 5:29am On Mar 19, 2013
Pls house aw can one apply 4 vacancies in both diamond and Gtb
Re: Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better by troy20(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2013
i want to apply.though i didnt study banking or anytn dt close

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Plc, Obajana, Kogi Recruiting For Marketing Dept / Fetha Interview Notification Text / Nestle Nigeria PLC Is Recruiting, Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.