Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Nissan Quest New Fault Codes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Quest New Fault Codes (1251 Views)

2005 Toyota Sienna Fault Codes / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Please Kindly Help, I Need To Scan For Fault Codes In My Lexus ES300 1995 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by ghadaffi2000(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Please House,

My Nissan quest throws up code P0340. I decided to change the two camshaft position sensors as well as the crankshaft position sensor. After installing, I cleared the codes and went on test driving. The Car still idle roughly and throw up code P0011 and P0021. What else do you think I can do?

Thank you in anticipation of response.

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Costee
Honmusa
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
you got a p0430 code and replaced crank and cam sensors? undecided

I cant advice on this one
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by honmusa(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
ghadaffi2000:
Please House,

My Nissan quest throws up code P0340. I decided to change the two camshaft position sensors as well as the crankshaft position sensor. After installing, I cleared the codes and went on test driving. The Car still idle roughly and throw up code P0011 and P0021. What else do you think I can do?

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Costee
Honmusa
Seems u got a timing issue ,but I won't bet money on this cos more test is needed to be done to eliminate some variables to fully confirm this .
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by mayor2013: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nissan and timing are like 5and 6
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
ghadaffi2000:
Please House,

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Costee
Honmusa
You never feedback.
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by ghadaffi2000(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
you got a p0430 code and replaced crank and cam sensors? undecided

I cant advice on this one

I am sorry, it's P0340
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by ghadaffi2000(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
honmusa:

Seems u got a timing issue ,but I won't bet money on this cos more test is needed to be done to eliminate some variables to fully confirm this .

Please pardon my omission, the earlier code was P0340. What are the test I am supposed to run now?
Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by honmusa(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

Please pardon my omission, the earlier code was P0340. What are the test I am supposed to run now?
My approach to this kind of issue will be more advanced diagnoses cos scanner and meter are useless in this case !!
The waveform of the cam and crank sensor will be generated with my pico and their relationship(correlation) will be compared from there I will get all the information I need if truly is a timing issue or sensor issue even without removing a single bolt.!!!
For VQ35 waveform relationship show below!!

Re: Nissan Quest New Fault Codes by autologic: 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
honmusa:

My approach to this kind of issue will be more advanced diagnosis cos scanner and meter are useless in this case !!
the waveform of the cam and crank sensor will be generated with my pico and their relationship(correlation) will be compared and from there I will get all the information I need if truly is a timing issue or sensor issue even without removing a single bolt.
For VQ35 waveform relationship show below
https://www.picoauto.com/library/automotive-guided-tests/cam-and-crank-sensors/

(1) (Reply)

In Search For 2008 Toyota Aurion Rear Lights, Boot And Bumper / My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists / Car Driving Heavily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.