Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,061 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Read This Heart Touching Poem By A Uniosun Students Titled "Dream Over Love". - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Read This Heart Touching Poem By A Uniosun Students Titled "Dream Over Love". (452 Views)

DRIFT, A Poem by Pat Ashinze. / Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze / "When Hunger Becomes Prayer" - A Poem By Precious Arinze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This Heart Touching Poem By A Uniosun Students Titled "Dream Over Love". by Hollex01(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
DREAMS OVER LOVE
I know your mind is often filled with thoughts of me, Obviously, you get lost in thought when you sight me, It is I you see in your dreams, Even if or not you want to scream.
Waking up to see the reality, But scared to share the actuality. Maybe you're overwhelmed by emotion itself, Which made this known to your friends themselves.
Frequently you tried keeping in the emotions, But lucidly it keeps appearing in your expression. Often you have tried avoiding me from knowing what your endearment contains, But in your countenance, it shows.
Only a bloke with no blood running in his veins would render all your affections as vain. Even if he were unloving and heartless, He would still acknowledge your feelings, desperate and heartfelt.
However I am like a keyboardist, Who appreciates the white and black colour of the keys on the keyboard. I equally liken myself to the eagle in the sky, Who understands the presence of wings for skydive.
Howbeit like the featherless bird, I fell from the horizon, But unconsciously, I landed on the bed, And helplessly, I fell into your love zone.
Oh! What a river of love, Which never ceases to flow. There I found myself, Swimming in the waters of love.
Could my dreams be achieved in ecstasy, when I still vie with the war of love? Should I continue to dine in the sweetness of love saying it's tasty? When I want the proverbial sky to be my starting point and not a lure?
Now we've come to the end of the war, I have overcome the power of intense pleasure. Intense pleasure that burst forth at the wrong time, Which almost lured me onto the wrong path.
With all courage, I walked away leaving the pleasures behind. This made her feel empty as she continued to mourn, But I am left with no choice than to depart, Making her bid me goodbye in tears.
© Written by: _Oke_Oladayo_

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pleasures / Have You Ever Been In Love? / … .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.