Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze (3610 Views)

In The Darkness / BODY SHAMING , A Poem By Pat Ashinze / DRIFT, A Poem by Pat Ashinze. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by WordSayer: 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
BEYOND THE DARKNESS

the sky waits
and the sun tarries
for the bird to remember
it can fly and soar high
even when its wings defy will
and the storms rage unkind.

see, my dearest reader.
it is not strange to forget purpose.
it is not new to drift into cluelessness.
it is not a sin to fail and falter.
even the crow oversleeps seldomly
until the dewy dawn tickles her
long throat to obey nature's order.

even the flaming fire may forget
how fiery and bright it can burn
until it sees the ashes of past exploits
and remembers itself as a song
of lights and thunders.

at times,
frequent or infrequent;
our finest moments in life
are often borne when we remember
the forgotten words: that
we were made for more than
what is; that this cannot
and will not be the end.

© Pat Ashinze
Ilorin, Nigeria

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Pabloosas(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2018
1. Cool
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by mariovito(m): 6:51am On Jun 21, 2018
T
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by OgSammy(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Nice
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Dynamiq(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2018
Very good.
God bless all of you who use your writing talents constructively.
Keep it up.
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Uchimah: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Brilliant rhymes, good lines, Inspiring words, and a great piece.
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by smoothvee(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2018
God bless. Spoke directly to me
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Wealth777: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Really nice words of encouragement there
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Opey4luv(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Boss!
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Austema(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Let me keep fron seat
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by BlueScholar(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Well written
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Olami2020(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2018
It's cool
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Heromaniaa: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2018
You rekindled my love for poetry. As a literary Scholar, I dare say you're talented.
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2018
Heromaniaa:
You rekindled my love for poetry. As a literary Scholar, I dare say you're talented.
Sorry, you're a literary scholar? May I know who you are?
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Badirukehinde(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2018
This is great

The beauty in darkness. I wrote something similar months ago
IG @Kejibanks
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Atpase: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2018
Patoranking 9ice one @ Eja nla(Yusuf Gbolahan)
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Nickymezor(f): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2018
cool cool...
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by abdulmalik3(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nice one bro
Re: Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze by Timfreds(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
A great concise piece!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Green White Green / Twenty Years, Twenty Children / Two Things Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.