Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (11113 Views)

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? / Global Prophet Opens Another Inter-denominational Parish In Ikeja / Gboko City 3 Days Inter-denominational Independence Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Zoken: 1:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Love is suppose to be the watchword of Christians irrespective of denomination, but this very bedrock of Christianity has been sacrificed on the alter of doctrines. Why should a Church delay the wedding of a lady from February till now and are yet to say anything about it just because the guy is from another church? And people around her keep getting married every now and then. How is she suppose to feel?
To be specific, my frd is a Deeper Life Church member and her guy a RCCG member. DLC has refused for the wedding arrangement to progress jst because the guy is not their church member, even when all other things including their genotype is perfectly fine (both are AA) . I think it's high time Christians started seeing themselves as one, put aside unnecessary rivalry and promote love.
Unfortunately, many ladies across the country are in similar conditions. Our religious leaders should please, abeg, biko, yiankuri, ejoor help put an end to this.
Wetin person no go see self in the course of marriage?
Which tribe? which state? which LGA? which religion? which profession?.... Now which denomination? Very soon it will be which Bible?
We need to stop this.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by greatnaija01: 1:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmm Well marriage is seen as a loss of membership(especially for females who are usually most active) who may be leaders or key players in the church structure... so Pastors wont be comfy to wed their choir mistress to another BROTHER who attends a different church...
cos they cant replace her easily and they also fear(from experiences) that the church the brother is from may make her loose some of the Godly virtues they have taught her (which was what may have made her so attractive to the brother),
they fear the other church may not help her spiritual life so its more a case of SPiritual Fatherhood....
Fathers do not have to say yes to every guy the daughter brings.... cos they want to be SURE the girl is going to a better place. cool

so imagine some lady from LORDS CHOSEN claiming God has given her a guy from CELE CHURCH.... things will go wrong somewhere in one of their churches...

FOR MEN... marriage is an addition to the Church so its welcomed as a good development. grin grin grin

Zoken:
Love is suppose to be the watchword of Christians irrespective of denomination, but this very bedrock of Christianity has been sacrificed on the alter of doctrines. Why should a Church delay the wedding of a lady from February till now and are yet to say anything about it just because the guy is from another church? And people around her keep getting married every now and then. How is she suppose to feel?
To be specific, my frd is a Deeper Life Church member and her guy a RCCG member. DLC has refused for the wedding arrangement to progress jst because the guy is not their church member, even when all other things including their genotype is perfectly fine (both are AA) . I think it's high time Christians started seeing themselves as one, put aside unnecessary rivalry and promote love.
Unfortunately, many ladies across the country are in similar conditions. Our religious leaders should please, abeg, biko, yiankuri, ejoor help put an end to this.
Which tribe? which state? which LGA? which religion? which profession?.... Now which denomination? Very soon it will be which Bible?
We need to stop this.

10 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by johnwizey: 3:36am On Sep 24, 2017
I will comment when i wake up

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 24, 2017
undecided
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 24, 2017
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Mechette(m): 4:22am On Sep 24, 2017
ok
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by ubergold(m): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2017
The lady is the one delaying herself. If she takes it up with a higher authority in the church she will be heard.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Jamiubond009(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2017
K
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2017
The most confused religion is christianity . most times dey dont want to lose your membership/tithe. Woe unto any pastors/church wey no go allow me marry my choice

17 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Financialfree: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2017
not so easy
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by kevoh(m): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Christians find it difficult to marry each other. Na wa oo! undecided undecided So Deeper life member can not marry Christmas Embassy member? Jehovah witness can not marry Redeemed members? You are yet to keep your house in order yet disturb people with your megaphones every morning? undecided undecided

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by drajjay: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Not allowing interdenominational marriage makes a church seem like a cult. I don't think christ would sanction such absurd rules. What happened to love for all men or are they trying to say other churches are lesser.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Sometimes the PASTOR might have seen somethings that might go wrong in the marriage

But sometimes it's better you let them make their mistakes so that they can learn from it and together mould it.

After all there is no one with a perfect union.

6 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by UncleSnr(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding
The same God, different yahoo boy, sorry G.O

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Jamolajay1: 7:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Just imagine, these are so-called Christians to each other o, what if it's another religion? Yet we said God is one. Siooooo

4 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

You are right dear .I attend RCCG too but have seen a female friend who attends deeper life trying to get married to a Redeem brother it wasn't easy at all....
Most pastor now see church as a competition while they have forgotten the sole aim of CHURCH

10 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Ezigbonmadu: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Zoken:
We need to stop this.
Some of your stories are false, misleading or fishy. Many things don't just add up. I also attend RCCG but my parents and siblings (most of whom are now married in that church now) still attend Deeperlife.
Deeperlife has the strictest and most formal marriage process in any church in Nigeria. They introduced medical tests before other churches recently started following suit.
There are other formalities in Deeperlife wedding, that includes at least six months mandatory courtship during which couples are expected to maintain strict decorum. Precisely, you shouldn't "sample" each other, not even inappropriate touching. Also, you're expected to report periodically to a marriage committee who will advise and guide you throughout the courtship.
Ask your friend if he has complied accordingly. I'm certain DLBC marry out their daughters to other churches. But you have to do it as they do it. If he has played by the rules, there's nothing stopping him from asking the church why he's being delayed. This is why I said your post is fishy.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2017
I am not yet married.
I don't go to church these days, but if I find someone I love I doubt if denominations would actually put a stop to it.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by MrRichy(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2017
Op that lady is obviously going to end up in Shiloh.... let her church keep rejecting her men.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Cleff4u(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2017
ubergold:
The lady is the on delaying herself. If she takes it up with a higher authority in the church she will be heard.
exactly sge is d one delaying herself, what a nonsense and she is there crying y her destiny is in her hand. that is is how church causes problems dis days.

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Florblu(f): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2017
What has denomination got to do with Love and marriage?
The way and manner some people's brain has been colonized is disturbing.
It is enough for a believer not to marry an unbeliver

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Praktikals(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
I attend deeper life bible church and we are free to marry from any denomination grin

4 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Odunharry(m): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Very easy.. I don't even know why many churches take it too serious.

We Christians are our own problems trust me.
Atimes I just laugh when I see people say, "He's not Catholic I can't marry him or her or " he or she is not a Rccg family etc.

Then I asked them, is it not the same God we pray to or even the same Bible we read??

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Zoken:
We need to stop this.
I blame your friend for the delay marriage. She's very much aware of her church doctrine yet she stick to it. When would Christians open their eyes to some of these doctrines that don't have scriptural backing? In the first place there's nothing like church wedding in the Bible. Doesn't she study her Bible? Must she believe all her pastor says without scriptural backing?. Advice, tell her to get married traditionally ( no form of idolatry)as it's one recognized from the Bible .if she like let her wait till eternity, she might remain unmarried. Deuteronomy 22:29 talks about bride price not wedding gown, church wedding.

11 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by splendid2: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2017
It's as easy as ABCD in catholic church. I mean d worshippers are so much dt no body notices when u are getting married except ur friends, the Rev fr only notice u r getting married when u come for CYON clearance (if u r getting married to a catholic) unless u r close to him

7 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 7:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Church wedding is highly overrated and the earlier people know this, the better for them

If a pastor refuses to wed you on the ground of interdenominational differences, kindly move to another church or better still, do court marriage. #case closed#

Many churches of today have ruined many relationships because of too much interference and imposition of non biblical doctrines. I have even been to churches warning members against marrying people from other church. However, some of them come up with ridiculous practices just to ward off their members from considering marrying people outside their own church.

Sometimes, I ask myself, "is this what Christianity has become in Nigeria?"

6 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Sanchez01: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2017
Inter-denomintational weddings take place in the RCCG weekly. It is as easy as ABC, so long your family are in the know.

Regardless, I see no reason why church wedding should be prioritised. It was never a practice in the Scriptures and was never taught.

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by dingbang(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[s]Sometimes the PASTOR might have seen somethings that might go wrong in the marriage[/s]

But sometimes it's better you let them make their mistakes so that they can learn from it and together mould it.

After all there is no one with a perfect union.]
stop being deceived please

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by don4real18(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2017
It's only stupid people that will let denomination be a basis for their marriage

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
Church wedding is highly overrated and the earlier people know this, the better for them

If a pastor refuses to wed you on the ground of interdenominational differences, kindly move to another church or better still, do court marriage. #case closed#

Many church if today have ruin many relationships because of too much interference life. I have even being to churches warning members against marrying people from other church

Sometimes, I ask myself, is this what religion has become in Nigeria?
Funny enough there's no church in heaven. However there are some reasons why some of these churches don't allow marriage outside their church. They include
1. The fear of loosing members to another church
2.To be able to resolve conflict easily if members marry from within
3.Members might be polluted to strange doctrines.
These points have no scriptural backing as the church is one and Jesus the head of the church.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Freed From Condemnation / How Do I Receive The Holy Spirit? / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.