Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (11187 Views)

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? / Global Prophet Opens Another Inter-denominational Parish In Ikeja / Gboko City 3 Days Inter-denominational Independence Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Cleff4u(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2017
i said it before and im saying it again religion is the problem of Africa. me as far as im concern nobody can decieve me because i have my bible with me. let assume i found love outside my church and my pastor said no or reverend father, i have option plenty. is either i go to her church or we both go to another bible church of our choice, wed there and continue with them if her church is against it as well. one thing we should all know in this life is that this life is our own not our ministet. pastors or reverend father. and we are to hive account of ourselves ont others. and yhis lady should remember that girls life spam is very short now that d guy still see her actactive
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by DonConst(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Zoken:
Love is suppose to be the watchword of Christians irrespective of denomination, but this very bedrock of Christianity has been sacrificed on the alter of doctrines. Why should a Church delay the wedding of a lady from February till now and are yet to say anything about it just because the guy is from another church? And people around her keep getting married every now and then. How is she suppose to feel?
To be specific, my frd is a Deeper Life Church member and her guy a RCCG member. DLC has refused for the wedding arrangement to progress jst because the guy is not their church member, even when all other things including their genotype is perfectly fine (both are AA) . I think it's high time Christians started seeing themselves as one, put aside unnecessary rivalry and promote love.
Unfortunately, many ladies across the country are in similar conditions. Our religious leaders should please, abeg, biko, yiankuri, ejoor help put an end to this.
Wetin person no go see self in the course of marriage?
Which tribe? which state? which LGA? which religion? which profession?.... Now which denomination? Very soon it will be which Bible?
We need to stop this.

It's a serious issue that CAN need to solve.

Mean while enjoy this
Happy sunday

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by kevoh(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Praktikals:
I attend deeper life bible church and we are free to marry from any denomination grin
Stop lying! angry angry My distant cousin's marriage to her Catholic husband was protested by her deeper life parents. Infact, the parents (and her siblings) refused to attend her wedding. My mum was the one who stood as a representative of her Mum that day!

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nwakibe: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Op that your friend need a dirty slap to reset her brain. She is not yet ready for marriage. What is church? Somebody opened a business and asked you to remain there to enable him continue to milk you dry in the name of tith and offering. Just ask her to promise the pastor that she will still be bringing her tith to the church after the marriage, you will see that the story will change.

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Cleff4u(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Funny enough there's no church in heaven. However there are some reasons why some of these churches don't allow marriage outside their church. They include
1. The fear of loosing members to another church
2.To be able to resolve conflict easily if members marry from within
3.Members might be polluted to strange doctrines.
These points have no scriptural backing as the church is one and Jesus the head of the church.
you are part of the problem
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
Inter-denomintational weddings take place in the RCCG weekly. It is as easy as ABC, so long your family are in the know.

Regardless, I see no reason why church wedding should be prioritised. It was never a practice in the Scriptures and was never taught.
Thank you my brother.. RCCG don't do such nonsense. This rubbish is very common with deeper life church

They are too isolated for my liking and that's you will barely see them as "well wishers" attending your church, house warming, birthday, etc.

I still don't know why such nonsense thrives in that particular church

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Florblu:
What has denomination got to do with Love and marriage?
The way and manner some people's brain has been colonized is disturbing.
It is enough for a believer not to marry an unbeliver
That's why I blame the lady in question. I blame her wholeheartedly because she wants to do same thing her mates did( white wedding) without seeking scriptural backing or the rational behind it.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 24, 2017
Cleff4u:
you are part of the problem
Part of which problem? For going against doctrines or you didn't comprehend my message?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by YesNoMaybe: 7:29am On Sep 24, 2017
God recognizes, witnesses, accepts and blesses EVERY marriage union as binding so long as the two families AGREE on a covenant.

The church, the court, the shrine or mosque are MERELY middle men. No wonder He is called 'The covenant-keeping God'.

Do not be deceived!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Sometimes the PASTOR might have seen somethings that might go wrong in the marriage

But sometimes it's better you let them make their mistakes so that they can learn from it and together mould it.

After all there is no one with a perfect union.
Stop deceiving yourself jawe. What has the pastor seen wrong?

Let me tell you something, many people have been robbed their future partners because of all these nonsense visions some of these pastors spread around.

Haven't you seen a situation whereby someone possess all the bad traits in this world (wickedness, lack a care, stinginess, laziness, pride and insincerity) and a pastor will be telling you that that is the right person for you without even knowing that person.

If Pastor Chris can make a wrong choice, everyone can make a wrong choice too with their own discretion

So, please forget about all these things you're talking about

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Praktikals(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
kevoh:

Stop lying! angry angry My distant cousin's marriage to her Catholic husband was protested by her deeper life parents. Infact, the parents (and her siblings) refused to attend her wedding. My mum was the one who stood as a representative of her Mum that day!
Sarcacism intended.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Geesaintagape: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Why should u allow church decide ur future

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2017
dingbang:
stop being deceived please
Forget these fake pastors which the Bible also prophesy about as signs of end time.

But for every Christian that knows their worth, the Holy Spirit truly gave them gift! Read 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.
So God will use someone or something to talk to you!
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by etiosa24(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by dingbang(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Forget these fake pastors which the Bible also prophesy about as signs of end time.

But for every Christian that knows their worth, the Holy Spirit truly gave them gift! Read 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.
So God will use someone or something to talk to you!
not the pastor please...
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by slydog(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
Thank you my brother.. RCCG don't do such nonsense. This rubbish is very common with deeper life church

They are too isolated for my liking and that's you will barely see them as "well wishers" attending your church, house warming, birthday, etc.

I still don't know why such nonsense thrives in that particular church

But will they allow one marry catholic?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by toogbasky(m): 7:40am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding

I am a catholic,, I have seen it in other parish, not mine,, marry where love throws you to

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding
so in other words a court wedding or customary marrige is the ideal way out right?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 7:42am On Sep 24, 2017
greatnaija01:
Hmmm Well marriage is seen as a loss of membership(especially for females who are usually most active) who may be leaders or key players in the church structure... so Pastors wont be comfy to wed their choir mistress to another BROTHER who attends a different church...
cos they cant replace her easily and they also fear(from experiences) that the church the brother is from may make her loose some of the Godly virtues they have taught her (which was what may have made her so attractive to the brother),
they fear the other church may not help her spiritual life so its more a case of SPiritual Fatherhood....
Fathers do not have to say yes to every guy the daughter brings.... cos they want to be SURE the girl is going to a better place. cool

so imagine some lady from LORDS CHOSEN claiming God has given her a guy from CELE CHURCH.... things will go wrong somewhere in one of their churches...

FOR MEN... marriage is an addition to the Church so its welcomed as a good development. grin grin grin

This is a case of selfishness and it's very unreasonable. If they do it in your church, then your pastor is a witch. It is not Spiritual Fathering, it's spiritual manipulation, which is witchcraft.

See the way you are even saying it as if it's right. It only shows the decay in your useless churches. How will a so-called pastor prevent a lady from marrying whoever she wants from another church? I'm certain this is when your pastor will start giving the poor lady all manners of fake prophecies and untrue visions and dreams just to discourage her.

If this is done in your church, then you people are living in darkness. You only shout, pray and sing to yourselves and your prayers can never be acceptable in heaven.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

Catholics don't do it
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
Stop deceiving yourself jawe. What has the pastor seen wrong?

Let me tell you something, many people have been robbed their future partners because of all these nonsense visions some of these pastors spread around.

Haven't you seen a situation whereby someone possess all the bad traits in this world (wickedness, lack a care, stinginess, laziness, pride and insincerity) and a pastor will be telling you that that is the right person for you without even knowing that person.

If Pastor Chris can make a wrong choice, everyone can make a wrong choice too with their own discretion

So, please forget about all these things you're talking about

Was PASTOR Chris truly called by God? Well that is another school of thought!

Look don't misunderstand me! There is a difference between those that knows Christ and those calling Christ, Christ!

God speaks to those who are truly close to him irrespective of position and power.

But God speaks! Look at Abraham, Jacob, David, solomon, Joseph...

Even Prophet Hosea was asked to marry a prostitute Hosea 1:2

As a Christian you will be able to discern between these people (fake/real)

After all all you need is His Grace.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2017
ubergold:
The lady is the on delaying herself. If she takes it up with a higher authority in the church she will be heard.

Does she even need to take anything up with any authority? Is it the church authority that will marry her? Are they the ones that will manage her home for her? Is church membership the same as bondage or slavery that she can't make her own decisions about whom to marry? Any church doing such a thing is into witchcraft.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Meel: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Some of your stories are false, misleading or fishy. Many things don't just add up. I also attend RCCG but my parents and siblings (most of whom are now married in that church now) still attend Deeperlife.
Deeperlife has the strictest and most formal marriage process in any church in Nigeria. They introduced medical tests before other churches recently started following suit.
There are other formalities in Deeperlife wedding, that includes at least six months mandatory courtship during which couples are expected to maintain strict decorum. Precisely, you shouldn't "sample" each other, not even inappropriate touching. Also, you're expected to report periodically to a marriage committee who will advise and guide you throughout the courtship.
Ask your friend if he has complied accordingly. I'm certain DLBC marry out their daughters to other churches. But you have to do it as they do it. If he has played by the rules, there's nothing stopping him from asking the church why he's being delayed. This is why I said your post is fishy.
Sir, there is nothing fishy about the post, this kind of situation always play out here in my own environs.

The main ish here is the marriage committee, you can't just go ahead and ask a girl out in Deeper life. You need to meet with your church marriage committee first , then they will take charge by speaking with the girl( if she his there district member) or contact her own deeper life branch member.

I respect deeper life , they are one of the few churches that are really doing Gods work.

But there are too many man made doctrine in the church. They have many rules that are not biblical ( like marriage ish, male should not wear jeans) e.t.c. But I personally will not follow the ways that are not the ways of the apostles.

@ op let them go and do court marriage, of they have the parent consent.

These is why the church have so many unmarried aunties, cos the ratio of female is more than male, and they are not allowed to marry outside the denominations.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by 9japrof(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and most times we marry among ourselves

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Sometimes the PASTOR might have seen somethings that might go wrong in the marriage

But sometimes it's better you let them make their mistakes so that they can learn from it and together mould it.

After all there is no one with a perfect union.

Lie. Most if the things they see are just manipulations and not true
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by aisolae: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
lol, you people are taking religion too far that i wish God could press "ctrl z" on you all before religion ever enter Africa. So, weird this isn't inter-religion but within the same religion. You all need Jesus. what if after death, God decide to group everyone together irrespective of their religion then judge them base on good/bad deeds cos that's all it is to me. If the church is the body of Christ like the bible claim, why are the body together? why has the world created so many bodies with different names such that the body doesn't seem to be body anymore. There is no church in heaven, there is no special place for redeem or whatever such name you attend, there is no special place for Muslims in heaven and you will all be judge base on how good deeds and heart. Greed is the only reason why there are many churches, cos i don't see why all churches can't bare the same name and call it "church of God" and why should it be difficult marry from a different church? isn't it within the same body of Christ? i can do nothing but pray for ctrl Z
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Praktikals:
I attend deeper life bible church and we are free to marry from any denomination grin

And do they also release your sisters to marry from another church?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tyson98: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2017
Am a Catholic my bae is telling me her parents doesn't like my church that they are pastors in RCCG ,well for me I have opened my transfer windows straight no time she can go to hell with her parents

7 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by ogbeniolola: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2017
Which one is inter-denominational marriage again?...I thought christians are the same irrespective of where and how they worship; or do we have different types of Jesus?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by mtngloetiartel: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2017
9japrof:
Am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and most times we marry among ourselves
you had said my mind. Make i de go meeting jare!
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2017
The OP sha! Are you sure of what you are saying?

Virtually all my sisters and majority of my cousins had spouses from churches other than theirs and they never had problems. It's just that the church conducting the wedding will insist that their procedures (Eg counselling, tests etc) are adhered to. If you don't, they will probably refuse to be part of it.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by somehow: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2017
Church stop me from marrying? Am I dumb?

What happens to court wedding and traditional wedding?

What happened to inviting a pastor to any of these 2 weddings if his or her presence is needed there?

Where did God ask you people to wed inside church building?

Where in the bible was any wedding done in the church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ / Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State. / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.