Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (45916 Views)

Gunfight At Tin Can Between Hoodlums In Apapa, Lagos / Hoodlums Attack Presidential Task Force At Tin Can Port (photos, Video) - Report / 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by iambabaG: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2017
undecided
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Bgorgeous: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2017
yet they said they don't carry arms .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by admindim: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2017
nawa
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by nwabobo: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:
Brilliant investigative journalism.

Just as suspected, Nigerians of the eastern extraction have been verifiably linked to this illegal arms importation.

Their purpose and destination is anybody's guess.

Python Piss fall on IPOB.

SMH at how gullible Nigerians are, especially those from a particular section of the country who can not differentiate their right from their left. Once you know the name of the company, what anybody with access to the Internet needs to do is go to the Corporate Affairs Commission website, put in the name of the company in the 'search' space, click the search button and information about the company pops up.

How that becomes a great feat beats my imagination. Something any 6 year old could do.

3 Likes

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Andy2274: 8:28am On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:

Just as suspected, Nigerians of the eastern extraction have been verifiably linked to this illegal arms importation.

. And the ones Boko haram use who is importing them
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by opedaydydx9(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Nbote:
Some of U are funny... So d security agencies had dis much info and haven't arrested d culprits already but d journalists were somehow able to trace d said owners with info dey got from customs?? So Igbos wanting to arm demselves for war would do so with Pump action rifles?? Dis story was created for one sole purpose and already morons are falling over it.
so u believed those were the guns, u saw policia on the wall dint u, u dumb Bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by ProWalker: 8:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Apawicked:
Type in your local language. Your English is confusing

Yes it can only be confusing to a dolt like you
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Andy2274: 8:32am On Sep 24, 2017
factsandfigures:
This is an unprofessional and unpatriotic reporting that will eventually jeopardise investigation and arrest of the culprits. This kind of investigation supposed to be discreet until the culprits are caught or enough information gathered on them before disclosing their identity to the public.
Nigerians love sensational media trials and investigation and our security outfits and media houses are playing to the gallery True talk brother. That is how they expose our soldiers to boko haram all in the name of reporting news.

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Nbote(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2017
opedaydydx9:
so u believed those were the guns, u saw policia on the wall dint u, u dumb Bro!

Get sense na... What is it with ppl reading and not understanding these days.. D guns customs impounded and displayed are pump action rifles. D guns displayed up there is a random internet photo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by caesaraba(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2017
Nbote:
Some of U are funny... So d security agencies had dis much info and haven't arrested d culprits already but d journalists were somehow able to trace d said owners with info dey got from customs?? So Igbos wanting to arm demselves for war would do so with Pump action rifles?? Dis story was created for one sole purpose and already morons are falling over it.

Really? The story was created? A seizure of arms, the fourth in half as many months created to fool people? This is your opinion just because an ’Nwosu’ is involved? And you have the guts to call others morons? Jesus! The Nigeiran government really has to do something drastic about parenting. The future is bleak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by jamace(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2017
Plane load of arms seized in Kano: http://thenationonlineng.net/plane-load-arms-seized-kano/

This happened in December 2014, prior to the 2015 Presidential elections. What is the outcome of the investigations?

Boko Haram has been ravaging Nigeria. Why have their sources of finance remain unknown?
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Meritocracy: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Well done Col Ali for not exchanging brown envelope and risk our life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by nwaire: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2017
factsandfigures:
This is an unprofessional and unpatriotic reporting that will eventually jeopardise investigation and arrest of the culprits. This kind of investigation supposed to be discreet until the culprits are caught or enough information gathered on them before disclosing their identity to the public.
Nigerians love sensational media trials and investigation and our security outfits and media houses are playing to the gallery

go and seat down one place, what do you know about professional reporting which investigation will this report jeopardise? Did you here of the Manchester and Paris explosions and how we all praise foreign news outfits for how they disclose the names and nationality of the perpetrators days after the act was done even before they were caught? If they have even been caught. Yeye dey smell. I hail the courageous reporter jare nice job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by opedaydydx9(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2017
Nbote:

Get sense na... What is it with ppl reading and not understanding these days.. D guns customs impounded and displayed are pump action rifles. D guns displayed up there is a random internet photo
where you see the displayed weapons in reference to the article, enlighten me.
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by mfm04622: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
factsandfigures:
Nigerians love sensational media trials and investigation and our security outfits and media houses are playing to the gallery

So you think the importers of the arms will still be around the moment the arms was discovered? This is nothing at all. This won't jeopardize the investigation. if the seizure was done secretly, and the importers unaware, then things would have been different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by musa7m(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Apawicked:
Obote receive sense. IPOB is going about this struggle with TRUTH and not arms
after kanu tell dem burn down Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by GavelSlam: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
jamace:
Plane load of arms seized in Kano: http://thenationonlineng.net/plane-load-arms-seized-kano/

This happened in December 2014, prior to the 2015 Presidential elections. What is the outcome of the investigations?

Boko Haram has been ravaging Nigeria. Why have their sources of finance remain unknown?

So because we haven't solved the issue of Boko Haram all other crimes should be kept on hold?

2 Likes

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by jamace(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

So because we haven't solved the issue of Boko Haram all other crimes should be kept on hold?

Don't you think interest of a section of the country is being protected?
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Emytea(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmmmm, I SUSPECT THEY MUST BE IPOB MEMBERS, just minding my busines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Mashdee(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2017
factsandfigures:

and you really believe that the importers of this exotic weapons will be caught in a high smuggling country like Nigeria where criminals both in government and outside the government are having a field day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:

Receive sense Sir.
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by GavelSlam: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2017
jamace:
Don't you think interest of a section of the country is being protected?

Boko Haram is a regional problem. Cameroon, Chad Niger etc. all experience these bastards.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys simply bury your head in the sand.

I was reluctant to state that you are only appalled that this was your kinsman revealed but I guess it is obvious now.

Condemn all criminality and stop this nonsense of supporting your kinsmen when found out.

I have the pictures of the names provided all taken from their Facebook pages but I've given them the benefit of doubt until the police declares them wanted.
At that point I would publish them without restraint

2 Likes

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by amoduganja: 8:51am On Sep 24, 2017
I think they should first start from identifying and naming the owners of the Ikoyi billions. It is not just enough to confiscate. They should do more because the owners might be linked to the arms.
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Boyooosa(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2017
Ekwensu101:
Good.
I believe the security agencieshave gone some inches further. The reporter deserves an award. Reports like this rekindle my hope on Nigerian journalism.
As far as am concerned, this report has done much of damage than advantage. Reading from the result, the report has not brought any information on board that is significantly different from what customs earlier revealed. Fine, the customs and the society will be at alert but the culprits are also alerted and they continue moving even they have not been declared unreachable. The customs are still doing their findings, the case is still fresh. Investigative journalism is not professional if it is done at the detriment of the proper security investigation. Your effort can be great when its properly carried out, some findings are discreetly made available for security agents in charge, reserve some for public consumption and compile a detailed report for the nearest future purpose and record. By so doing, the society will acknowledge your sacrificial and professional job.

1 Like

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Chyxki: 8:56am On Sep 24, 2017
“The owner is from the South-East, but his name is not James Ayogu or Cyril Ayogu and it is strange the company you associate with him,” ...I bet you that if the CG was sure that the owner was a southerner he would have named him straight to the whole Nigeria instead of talking about the Ayogu's without naming the real culprits.

A carefull study of this write up will simply reveal that it is subtly working to confirm a conclusion, that the southerners imported arms into the country for the sake of IPOB. It's unfair the kind of negative publicity the southeast is getting lately; backed by tacit government approval.

Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen wield AK47s and other dangerous weapons and no one has ever worked from a conclusing to a confirmation how they got these.

I'm not tryin to make a case for the southeast, but everyone must understand the blackmail going on before branding over 30 million people enemies of the state.

However, I'm quite certain that this is our night and it's going to pass like every other night. The southeast is not an enemy, rather things have not gone too well withbher lately. Tomorrow will be better.
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by imam07: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Igbos the afonja haters. Why u no use your seaport to import arms. Why nah that afonja seaport u are using to import weapons. There is no how you can succeed without the afonjas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by pweshdodo(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2017
hardywaltz:
Jail them
don't be too harsh they should kill them instead

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by speaktome(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2017
reptile1:

We all knew it had something to do with u.

.... And that was why it was sized...
If to say it belongs to the Afonjas and the Gworo chewers, na sharp sharp clearing...

Probably 5% till the kingdom come

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by jamace(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Boko Haram is a regional problem. Cameroon, Chad Niger etc. all experience these bastards.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys simply bury your head in the sand.

I was reluctant to state that you are only appalled that this was your kinsman revealed but I guess it is obvious now.

Condemn all criminality and stop this nonsense of supporting your kinsmen when found out.

I have the pictures of the names provided all taken from their Facebook pages but I've given them the benefit of doubt until the police declares them wanted.
At that point I would publish them without restraint
Definitely, I hate evil acts and vices. What baffles me is the seriousness and sense of urgency in finding out the one while the other remains a mystery.
Partiality is a disease in any relationship.
Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by Ezigbonmadu: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Arrest this Turkish 'ambassador' and case solved.
A total of 2,671 rifles, in four batches, were seized within the last eight months, all coming from Turkey, according to the Nigeria Customs Service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by GavelSlam: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2017
jamace:
Definitely, I hate evil acts and vices. What baffles me is the seriousness and sense of urgency in finding out the one while the other remains a mystery.
Partiality is a disease in any relationship.

As I said it is a regional problem and you must realise their tactics have proven difficult even for more advanced nations.

Boko Haram mostly attack using suicide bombers. Just last week, in the UK, a bomb was left on a train (Note not a suicide bomber) so imagine thick and local Borno state in Nigeria.

Most times Boko Haram have guns to fight from ransacking police stations and some duty posts of the military.

This is well published and I really find it frustrating that Nigerians love to dance around readily available facts.

1 Like

Re: Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island by obi58: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Rawani:

But till tomorrow no one can trace either the source of funding for boko Haram or the source of their weapons and explosives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John William King Executed In Texas For Death Of James Byrd Jr, Black Man / Lady Escapes From Ritualists In Warri After 9 Other Victims Were Killed (Video) / Cultists In Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Kill 4 Students (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.