Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting (3880 Views)

Buhari Signs Condolence Book Of Ocholi At FEC Meeting (Photos) / Caption This Funny Photo Of Amaechi At FEC Meeting Today / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Beaf: 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Yar'Adua skips Nigeria meeting [/size]

The Nigerian president has failed to appear at a cabinet meeting in the capital Abuja, after returning to the country from Saudi Arabia following three months of medical treatment.

Umara Yar'Adua's supporters had hoped he would show up at the meeting on Wednesday. The meeting, however, was chaired by Goodluck Jonathan, the vice-president, who is acting as the head of state.

Yar'Adua has not been seen or heard in public since his return on February 24, fuelling speculation that he is incapable of carrying out his job.

His silence has led many Nigerian newspapers to continue reporting that Yar'Adua is on a life support machine or in a coma.

There is also speculation that the president’s aides and family are holding him hostage in the presidential villa until they can figure out how to retain influence and power in the event of his death.

'Strengthening Jonathan"

Al Jazeera's Yvonne Ndege, reporting from Abuja, said Yar'Adua's continuing absence had made it possible for Jonathan to consolidate his position.

"He has already received the backing of the United Kingdom, the United States, and on Monday the UN secretary-general Ban ki-moon sent him a message.

"He has also set up a presidential advisory committee again in an attempt to bolster his own position and his power within the cabinet."

Yar'Adua left Nigeria on November 23 to receive treatment for pericarditis, an inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart that can restrict normal beating.

He is also known to suffer from a chronic kidney condition and has long been criticised for not being able to work more than five or six hours a day.

Political uncertainty

Aside from a political vacuum and near constitutional crisis, Yar'Adua's long absence had prompted street protests across the country, demanding his resignation.

It also threatened to paralyse the government until parliament installed Jonathan as acting head of state on February 9.

Nigeria's constitution says the president must make a written declaration that he is on vacation or unable to carry out his duties before a transfer of power could take place.

Yar'Adua had not officially given his consent to the transfer of power, but parliament said it based its decision on an interview that he gave the BBC last month, saying that he would return to work once his doctors gave him the go-ahead.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/03/2010331685559487.html
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by mekusxxx: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^^
Do dead people attend meetings?
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
Were they actually expecting to see him at the meeting, or were they joking?
Yaradua came back and said, that Jonathan will be in charge, while he take care of himself and get much better to be back in office, how come no one seems to pay attention to that statement?
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
What a surprise
Yar'dua missed the important meeting? He must have been outside drinking kunu with Turai, walking around on his 2 legs, and playing with his grand children.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by MrCrackles(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
This is a big fat fu/cking JOKE. . .
What kinda headline/title is this? I mean how can someone who is bed-ridden be expected at a any sort of meeting?
Who is the daft punk who headlined/titled the story and used the word "Skipped"
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Beaf: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Were they actually expecting to see him at the meeting, or were they joking?
Yaradua came back and said, that Jonathan will be in charge, while he take care of himself and get much better to be back in office, how come no one seems to pay attention to that statement?

There were rumours that he was sorrounded by kids in the villa, was walking about would attend the FEC meeting.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

This is another big joke from the notoriously incompetent Nigerian media. . .
What kinda headline is this? I mean how can someone who is bed-ridden be expected at a any sort of meeting?
Who is the daft punk who headlined the story and used the word "Skipped"

Lol.
naijaking1:

What a surprise
Yar'dua missed the important meeting? He must have been outside drinking kunu with Turai, walking around on his 2 legs, and playing with his grand children.

Lol
You could tell that the media is making good money from all these
Beaf:

There were rumours that he was sorrounded by kids in the villa, was walking about would attend the FEC meeting.

They were all rumours
I think we need to chill and wait
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Beaf: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

This is another big joke from the notoriously incompetent Nigerian media. . .
What kinda headline is this? I mean how can someone who is bed-ridden be expected at a any sort of meeting?
Who is the daft punk who headlined the story and used the word "Skipped"

It is sourced from Aljazeera. Blame Yar Adua's captors for spreading false rumours.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by MrCrackles(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
Beaf:

It is sourced from Aljazeera. Blame Yar Adua's captors for spreading false rumours.
I didnt see that at the end so i have modified my post. . .  grin
I thought you got it from the "notoriously incompetent Nigerian media stable"
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Fhemmmy: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

I didnt see that at the end so i have modified my post. . . grin
I thought you got it from the "notoriously incompetent Nigeria media stable"

I just think it is better for us all to just wait till "Yaradua" is ready to talk that he is better now and willing to get back to work.
For all we know, he is still under treatment.

BTW . . . .Would Jonathan be getting paid as a president now or still as Vice President.
Would Yaradua be getting paid his full salary or a % of it, since he is not performing his duty?
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by naijaking1: 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I just think it is better for us all to just wait till "Yaradua" is ready to talk that he is better now and willing to get back to work.
For all we know, he is still under treatment.

BTW . . . .Would Jonathan be getting paid as a president now or still as Vice President.
Would Yaradua be getting paid his full salary or a % of it, since he is not performing his duty?

Old boy, you have raised perhaps the most important question of all times.
Show me a job you could disappear from for more than 90 days, without permission, without any sort of written explanation, and you refuse your boss(we Nigerians) from seeing you; and you still expect full payment and the privilages of the office: only in Nigeria sad
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by xterra2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
Okay,at the EXCOF(old FEC) did Jonathan sit on Yaraduas chair ir he sat on his chair-please do any one of you know
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by dominique(f): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
i would have been very surprised if he was present at the meeting.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Beaf: 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
xterra2:

Okay,at the EXCOF(old FEC) did Jonathan sit on Yaraduas chair ir he sat on his chair-please do any one of you know

Everything was as normal, Jonathan sat in his chair.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
I just have a weird feeling that Yaradua may be recuperating and readying to suddenly appear on the scene in some event or another.

Let's be honest if Yaradua was finished his people would have given up by now !!
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by 9ijaprince(m): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yes somebody raised am important question. Where really did jonathan sat during the federal executive meeting.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
@naijaking::
What a surprise Huh
Yar'dua missed the important meeting? He must have been outside drinking kunu with Turai, walking around on his 2 legs, and playing with his grand children. grin grin cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by naijaking1: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
xterra2:

Do we know whether Jonathan enjoyed the presidential chair when he sat on it last time. Did it warm up his butt real good? Did he have any special type of genitourinary sensation? What happened
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Beaf: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
naijaking1:

Do we know whether Jonathan enjoyed the presidential chair when he sat on it last time. Did it warm up his butt real good? Did he have any special type of genitourinary sensation? What happened

If Jonathan made the mistake of not sitting in the presidential seat, cabal for no let us hear word again. Dem for don begin hala victory like the winshes they are!
Jonathan could only have sat in the presido seat.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by marvix(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2010
Quote frm fhemmy

My broda I wonda
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 04, 2010
From exercises in saudi > walks in aso rock > drinking kunu > playing with grandkids > drinking tea. Yardua will soon be sighted in a lagos club dancing away his illness! Its time we stop stressing ourselves about him cos eventually he'l either turn up alive or be shown dead however let the game continues. Now am finding difficult to believe dat no one has seen him since he was flown into the country cos now it seems theres a coverup by certain people outside yaradua kitchen cabinet.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by marvix(m): 12:08am On Mar 04, 2010
Quote from frosbel
just have a weird feeling that Yaradua may be recuperating and readying to suddenly appear on the scene in some event or another.

Let's be honest if Yaradua was finished his people would have given up by now !!

It is actually posible it is 4 me to start my prayas afresh dat he shld be strong enuf 2 come nd pic d presidential ticket again 4 a 2nd term so dat Jonathan can assume Ag once d strain of d ofc gets to him again
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by naijaking1: 12:25am On Mar 04, 2010
---phone rings.
Everybody looks up.
Ruma picks the handset, knowing it was Yar'dua as previously planned.
Ruma: Ranka dede, Mr. President, his eyes light up, he waves his hand all over, "it his excellency for real" he shouted.
Yar'dua: Yaya?
Ruma: Mr. President, we're happy to hear from you.
Yar'dua: Look over there and tell me whether he's sitting on my chair again with his big black Ijaw ass*.
Ruma: No, no, no, the ADC and his Brigade of Guards freinds have that under control.
Yar'dua: Now give the phone to Jonathan and stop acting like you're the VP, just because I'm away.
Jonathan: Good morning your excellency, I'm happy to hear you, happy to see you, happy, happy, happy--
Yar'dua: That's ok, Jonathan, I am happy to see that you have been up to the task of being a loyal and trusted VP.
Jonathan: Thank you sir, thank you.
Yar'dua: Remember, you have full power in my abscene, you can hire and fire, seat on any chair and sleep on any bed you want.
Jonathan: Thank you sir, but I'm only happy with my own chair.
Yardua: I'm sort of running late for the FEC meeting today, you see, I'm waiting for Turai's special kunu to be done before coming over. You know women, I have to wait and eat her food, otherwise she will begin to have all sorts of ideas. She's been cooking it for a few hours now, and it will take another 2 hours to finish the meal, digesting and waiting for everything to go down the right tract maybe a lot longer.
Jonathan: Yes sir, thank you sir, but remember we still have some kunu in your office.
Yardua: Are you saying I should disrespect my wife by not eating her food? Moreover those office kunus are most likely to have been contaminated.
Jonathan: By who? Your excellency?
Yardua: Is Akunyili there?
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by nduchucks: 12:44am On Mar 04, 2010
Most of the posts here are insensitive and in very very bad taste. Will you people allow Yar'Adua to fall ill and get well peacefully.

You are beginning to sound like insensitive and obsessed ethnic bigots. I bet none of you will claim to be a Northerner. Yar'Adua is a good man, let him be.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by naijaking1: 4:12am On Mar 04, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Most of the posts here are insensitive and in very very bad taste. Will you people allow Yar'Adua to fall ill and get well peacefully.

You are beginning to sound like insensitive and obsessed ethnic bigots. I bet none of you will claim to be a Northerner. Yar'Adua is a good man, let him be.

What a sensitive guy?
Where were you when he Yardua was reported to be walking on his legs, enjoying kunu with his wife, and doing all sorts of crazy and unimaginable things
Where were you earlier today when "his cousin" told Aljezeehra that he met Yardua drinking tea, walking and talking with his family? Wasn't that insensitive, or politically expedient for you?
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by marvix(m): 7:34am On Mar 04, 2010
Quote from ndu_chuks
Most of the posts here are insensitive and in very very bad taste. Will you people allow Yar'Adua  to fall ill and get well peacefully.

True talk my brother, if they were civil servants and fell seriously ill would they be happy if their bosses recomended dismisal wen they feel that they can get beta.
Let Yaradua be the problems in dis country stil needs to be solved and we can do it wit Yaradua bein sick nd Jonathan actin
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by SkyBlue1: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2010
marvix:

Quote from ndu_chuks
Most of the posts here are insensitive and in very very bad taste. Will you people allow Yar'Adua  to fall ill and get well peacefully.

True talk my brother, if they were civil servants and fell seriously ill would they be happy if their bosses recomended dismisal wen they feel that they can get beta.
Let Yaradua be the problems in dis country stil needs to be solved and we can do it wit Yaradua bein sick nd Jonathan actin

If you really feel this way then you should genuinely have no problems whatsoever with Yar Adua being a major candidate for 2011, even if he is in a coma, since he feels he can get better from this long term soar throat he just contracted after his swearing in.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by marvix(m): 7:53am On Mar 04, 2010
Quote from skyblue
If you really feel this way then you should genuinely have no problems whatsoever with Yar Adua being a major candidate for 2011, even if he is in a coma, since he feels he can get better from this long term soar throat he just contracted after his swearing in.

I wld giv my suport to Yaradua to complete d northern term and believe me its beta cos Jonathan can hav a 2nd term as Ag President b4 he starts to campaign 4 his full presidency and work seriously on d 7point agenda
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by SkyBlue1: 7:59am On Mar 04, 2010
marvix:

Quote from skyblue

I wld giv my suport to Yaradua to complete d northern term and believe me its beta cos Jonathan can hav a 2nd term as Ag President b4 he starts to campaign 4 his full presidency and work seriously on d 7point agenda

I see. In that case I don't think we have anything left to discuss, don't have the energy for this sort of argument today. We would just agree to see things fundamentally differently. smiley
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by jimmysho(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2010
he can only attend meeting wit the likes of awo, zik, sadauna and abacha and not the present FEC
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by nduchucks: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
naijaking1:

What a sensitive guy?
Where were you when he Yardua was reported to be walking on his legs, enjoying kunu with his wife, and doing all sorts of crazy and unimaginable things
Where were you earlier today when "his cousin" told Aljezeehra that he met Yardua drinking tea, walking and talking with his family? Wasn't that insensitive, or politically expedient for you?

The insensitivity of some of the posters on this thread and distasteful acts of some of Yar'Adua's handler's are equally deplorable and reprehensible.

Yar'Adua himself has absolutely nothing to do with these distastful acts. He is a good man and decent human being.
Re: Yar'adua Absent At FEC Meeting by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
ndu_chucks:

The insensitivity of some of the posters on this thread and distasteful acts of some of Yar'Adua's handler's are equally deplorable and reprehensible.

Yar'Adua himself has absolutely nothing to do with these distastful acts. He is a good man and decent human being.

How do u know that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Jimi Agbaje? / See What FFK’s Ex Girlfriend,Ada Uchegbu Said About Biafrans Joining APC(Pic) / Re: #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court Rulings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.