Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland (428 Views)

Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: Warnings For 2018- The Year Of Greater Expectations / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland by generaliy: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders

This is an open letter to Seun, the founder, owner, COO and CEO of Nairaland, Nigeria's greatest indigenous forum

I have been on Nairaland since 2009 as a guest, and 2012 as a registered member (Registered an account that I couldn't remember the password anymore so I created another)

To say I have gained so much from this forum is an understatement, the management policy of the forum too is above average by my own judgement, however, I feel strongly that there's a bias against Christianity by Seun.

Before I proceed, let me say these :

1. President Buhari might be the President of the FRN, but Seun Osewa, in his capacity as grand moderator, is the President of Nairaland, a forum for ALL Nigerian youths (Majority), from ALL tribes and religion

2. If we expect fairness from our leaders in dealing with sensitive issues like religion and ethnicity, the same SHOULD be expected of Seun here, as the "President" on this forum

3. Nairaland obviously connects Nigerian youths MORE than the president can, the traffic analysis tells us this, I may never get to meet or discuss with PMB one on one, but Seun sees my posts and whatever I do here, I have the opportunity of influence, which I do not have in the Nigerian space, as opinions rarely matters to our leaders, unless it's coming from their close allies or political "giants"

4. In regards to the 3 points above, SEUN SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN TO FAVOUR A GROUP, RELIGION, ETHNICITY OR WHATEVER OPINION RECOGNISED BY LAW ABOVE ANOTHER, Openly or covertly

5. Policies such as having to literally DENY Jesus Christ and your salvation before you can comment on an Islamic thread while Christian threads are open to all and sundry is against every known principles of FAIRNESS

6. Making posts that seeks to disparage the belief of Christians by Seun is intrinsically unfair and outright unfortunate, it's like PMB abusing Christianity in a national broadcast

7. To protect Islam and their beliefs (Which they are rightfully entitled to) shouldn't be a hard thing to do, moderators are not appointed for no reason, let them remove derogatory comments and ALLOW civil engagements and discussions that seeks to question (without using derogatory words) claims by Muslims as well as Christians

8. Until this is done, Nairaland will be viewed as some to be pushing an particular religious agenda against the other

9. Adherents of traditional religions should also be allowed to enjoy these privileges, whatever anyone claims, civil engagements should be allowed without swearing oaths, simple.

I also use this opportunity to suggest that tribalism and name calling (Afonja, Igbo, Goro chewers etc) should draw serious sanctions, Seun being an advocate of ONE Nigeria like myself, should use this forum to quench the fire of hatred.

God bless Nairaland
God bless Suen
God bless Lalasticlala and all modes
God bless ALL Nairalanders
Re: Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland by SUPERPACK: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2017
who cares?
Re: Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmmm sad
Re: Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland by generaliy: 11:10am On Sep 24, 2017
SUPERPACK:
who cares?

Well, I do, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this

(1) (Reply)

Pls Brethren I Need Your Help! / I'm Confused. What Should I Do About This Instruction? / Without Tithing Churches Will Crumble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.