Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster (7818 Views)

Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG / Elzakzaky Threatens To Return To Nigeria, Says "They Want To Kill Us Here" / Shiite Muslims To Soldiers With AK-47: We Are Ready To Die, Kill Us All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Following the killings in Aba, my views about the igbos quickly changed and it was reflected in my posts to the point where my claim of being yoruba was questioned and is still being questioned by my own yoruba brothers. A yoruba proverb says ...oju lalakan fi n'sori. It means that one has to be watchful and observant. It is not like my dislike for the igbos has changed. No, far from it. It has rather transmuted to pity and condescension. I have been following threads on nairaland and i see that the igbos keep laying claim to the land of others to the point of stating that they cannot be chased out of the land of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria {actually true by virtue of the constitution}.

Naturally seeing those kind of statements are infuriating but i advise that we rather overlook it as it is still preferable to have the igbos around than the Hausa as the former can be contained and pushed out by the Yoruba while the Hausas are very lethal and hard to surmount. Pending when there is a peaceful separation of the country, the christian population in yorubaland still needs the igbos around to act as cannon fodder for any plans for islamisation from the north. I have done enough threads on the foregoing and i am satisfied that my point was successfully passed.

Meanwhile, on the annoying attitude of the igbos, I have come to conclusion that the igbo can never change and would continue to be hated while being the target of all our frustrations because they have a penchant for attracting hatred to themselves wherever they are in the world and are naturally full of unwarranted vain pride. There is nothing that can be done to change them. Furthermore, igbos hate igboland ---they run away from the place and leave it desolate. They have been advised countless times but they refuse to listen. They have used their trade as a veritable excuse to flee the land to the detriment of alaigbo and the igbo race. Most Nigerians have shouted themselves hoarse on the need for igbos to develop their land all to no avail. This is most unfortunate for a majority ethnic group. I am sincerely crestfallen about the situation and weary of what it portends for them as a people/tribe/race/ethnic nationality.

What is the solution to the igbo menace? The answer is just to ignore them as they are irritants who walk around with a need to be hated and maimed. I used to hate them very much before but I don't any longer,. I now pity them and don't ascribe any importance to them. Hence, i would advice other Nigerians to tone down the hate for the igbos as they would continue to annoy their hosts wherever they are. It is part and parcel of their make up as people. Hating them for who they are would cause more heart pain and hypertension for other Nigerians{It is stressful fathoming their taciturnity}. Nigerians{especially my yoruba tribe} are advised to transcribe that dislike for them to pity and aloofness/indifference when it comes to their issues. The beauty of the igbo debacle is that they can easily be whipped in line and contained when their excesses become threatening.

In the meantime, all southerners should be alert on the plans of those who are hell bent on forcing their way of life the rest of us and diluting the secularity of Nigeria.

Remember, ignore the igbos for they are inconsequential/harmless in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Selah.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria as long as it remains.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Afam4eva(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Meanwhile, on the annoying attitude of the igbos, I have come to conclusion that the igbo can never change and would continue to be hated while being the target of all our frustrations because they have a penchant for attracting hatred to themselves wherever they are in the world and are naturally full of unwarranted vain pride. There is nothing that can be done to change them. Furthermore, igbos hate igboland ---they run away from the place and leave it desolate. They have been advised countless times but they refuse to listen. They have used their trade as a veritable excuse to flee the land to the detriment of alaigbo and the igbo race. Most Nigerians have shouted themselves hoarse on the need for igbos to develop their land all to no avail. This is most unfortunate for a majority ethnic group. I am sincerely crestfallen about the situation and weary of what it portends for them as a people/tribe/race/ethnic nationality.
I must commend your resolve to see things from a more objective prism than one from an emotional stance.

I think i quite agree with this paragraph of yours. I have also found my Igbo people to be annoying and strong headed and i think the reasons are not far fetched if you look at things objectively. Like Chimamanda Adichie, said, there is always two sides to a story. if you talk about how Igbos are stubborn and full of pride, it is one story. However another side of the story is how Igbos have been put down for so long tat their resistance is mistaken for stubbornness. I think the problem a lot of people have with Igbos is our inability to fall in line. People want us to accept the status quo and let things be. Probably if we were born at a different time, it would have been possible but our history has made us more resilient and forcefully hardworking to the point of vein pride and unwarranted braggadocio.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by mployer(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
As if the Igbo Care about you...

22 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Viergeachar: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Very well said bro.
Only empty chest beating flatiyeasterners is bare knuckle truths/facts and they will disappear into insignificance.
Lately that thread on Yoruba achievement has humbled them.
Most of them especially the semiliterate ones are/were just suffering from ignorance lead them to think that they can ever measure up to Yorubas.

Abookis remain the real foes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Viergeachar: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Very well said bro.
All empty chest beating flatiyeasterners need is bare knuckle truths/facts and they will disappear into insignificance.
Most of them especially the semiliterate ones are/were just suffering from ignorance lead them to think that they can ever measure up to Yorubas.

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Viergeachar: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
Very well said bro.
All empty chest beating flatiyeasterners need is bare knuckle truths/facts and they will disappear into insignificance.
Most of them especially the semiliterate ones are/were just suffering from ignorance leading them to think that they can ever measure up to Yorubas.

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
Viergeachar:
Very well said bro.
Only empty chest beating flatiyeasterners is bare knuckle truths/facts and they will disappear into insignificance.

You are the man!
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by frankdoz23: 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
this post must be from a confirm afonja! They can reason through the anus.

17 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by BaifraBSS(m): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Proudly igbo.
Nigerians should be weary of what is about to come.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Amarabae(f): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Do you think that oha soup gives a dime about what the ewedu soup think about her as long as her being oha will always slay?
Oha soup dont give a dime,
oha soup is saying- go to hell and do your worst!

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
mtcheww

7 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by omenka(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Remember, ignore the igbos for they are inconsequential /harmless in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Selah
Too bad..

5 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Following the killings in Aba, my views about the igbos quickly changed and it was reflected in my posts to the point where my claim of being yoruba was questioned and is still being questioned by my own yoruba brothers. A yoruba proverb says ...oju lalakan fi n'sori. It means that one has to be watchful and observant. It is not like my dislike for the igbos has changed. No, far from it. It has rather transmuted to pity and condescension. I have been following threads on nairaland and i see that the igbos keep laying claim to the land of others to the point of stating that they cannot be chased out of the land of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria {actually true by virtue of the constitution}.

Naturally seeing those kind of statements are infuriating but i advise that we rather overlook it as it is still preferable to have the igbos around than the Hausa as the former can be contained and pushed out by the Yoruba while the Hausas are very lethal and hard to surmount. Pending when there is a peaceful separation of the country, the christian population in yorubaland still needs the igbos around to act as cannon fodder for any plans for islamisation from the north. I have done enough threads on the foregoing and i am satisfied that my point was successfully passed.

What is the solution to the igbo menace? The answer is just to ignore them as they are irritants who walk around with a need to be hated and maimed. I used to hate them very much before but I don't any longer,. I now pity them and don't ascribe any importance to them. Hence, i would advice other Nigerians to tone down the hate for the igbos as they would continue to annoy their hosts wherever they are. It is part and parcel of their make up as people. Hating them for who they are would cause more heart pain and hypertension for other Nigerians{It is stressful fathoming their taciturnity}. Nigerians{especially my yoruba tribe} are advised to transcribe that dislike for them to pity and aloofness/indifference when it comes to their issues. The beauty of the igbo debacle is that they can easily be whipped in line and contained when their excesses become threatening.

In the meantime, all southerners should be alert on the plans of those who are hell bent on forcing their way of life the rest of us and diluting the secularity of Nigeria.

Remember, ignore the igbos for they are inconsequential/harmless in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Selah.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria as long as it remains.
These are the people that lobby to marry Igbo women 24/7

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
Too bad..

Coming from you? nah, i will pass. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by omenka(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Amarnabae:
Do you think that oha soup gives a dime about what the ewedu soup think about her as long as her being oha will always slay?
Sweet Jesus! cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by staytravel: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyt1IqD6hk[/youtube]
Alcatraz005:

Igbos aren’t hated all over the world. It's just Nigeria.
Take the US as an example. Igbos are almost a quarter million there, and the majority tribe. And Nigerians have a far better reputation there than they do in the UK where Yoruba’s are.

The east is far from the least developed region in Nigeria. To be honest much of the east is more equally developed than other states where the wealth is concentrated in 1 or 2 cities and the other parts are in shambles.
The Igbos don't like to be dominated or disrespected. So, they speak out when they feel like they are, unlike other tribes who are much more passive and perhaps used to being exploited and rules over under a hierarchy.

If Igbos are so annoying campaign to let them leave. They aren’t a perfect group but which group of people are?
I think much of the frustration towards the Igbos is that they have audacity. They're aren’t concerned with being yes men.

To the rest of the world Nigeria is a shithole. Why would you want to be a part of it. Nigeria as a country doesn’t work!

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
BaifraBSS:
Proudly igbo.

We support Ipob whole heartedly!

6 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
staytravel:

Take the US as an example. Igbos are almost a quarter million there, and the majority tribe. And Nigerians have a far better reputation there than they do in the UK where Yoruba’s are.
While i think this is a salient open revelation, i beg to disagree with you. More good news come from the US than the UK because there are more opportunities in the US and it is more open to other groups than the UK. That's not to say that the violent hardworking nature of Igbos is not evident in their success throughout the world.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
staytravel:

The east is far from the least developed region in Nigeria. To be honest much of the east is more equally developed than other states where the wealth is concentrated in 1 or 2 cities and the other parts are in shambles.
The Igbos don't like to be dominated or disrespected. So, they speak out when they feel like they are, unlike other tribes who are much more passive and perhaps used to being exploited and rules over under a hierarchy.

If Igbos are so annoying campaign to let them leave. They aren’t a perfect group but which group of people are?
I think much of the frustration towards the Igbos is that they have audacity. They're aren’t concerned with being yes men.

To the rest of the world Nigeria is a shithole. Why would you want to be a part of it. Nigeria as a country doesn’t work!
Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama mezie okwu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
staytravel:

Yes, Nigeria doesnt work but let us go about the agitations for our separate nations peacefully. I am confident that if the rest of Nigeria {South} continues to prevail on the North, they would have no choice but to allow for a restructuring of the Federation and/or dissolution of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by kiddoiLL(m): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
BaifraBSS:
Proudly igbo.

You no go keep quiet now..Na all this rubbish una oga talk way innocent people take die

7 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by FastShipping: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
omenka:
Sweet Jesus! cheesy

Dime grin grin

Damn apart. I'm tired of reading about our ethnic and religious differences. We are all human first before anything else.

How did we get to this stage?

4 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Amarabae:
Please how does oha soup think in the face of Operation Python Soup? Humble I guess, No?

8 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Please how does oha soup think in the face of Operation Python Soup? Humble I guess, No?
Python dullardism is no solution to any agitation

15 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by jaksmillioniar: 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
Amarabae:
uv started again abi
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by jaksmillioniar: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
I love ibo but hate biafra
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by limeta(f): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
Igbos want out
Let them go
If they all this you call them best to let them go so you too will be free of them

13 Likes

Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
Jakandeola the celebrated blogger is here self
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by KevinDein: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hahaahah

Dope grin

"I now pity them and don't ascribe any importance to them"
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
Danielmoore:
Jakandeola the celebrated blogger is here self

who is jakandeola? undecided
Re: Hating Them Will Kill Us Faster by UduMgbo1: 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
[s]
omenka:
Sweet Jesus! cheesy
[/s]
claptrap

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

owerri, onitsha compare to abeokuta ,ota in ogun state(12mil) ThisGlob e.com / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy / Videos and Pictures From PDP Campaign Rally In Maradun LGA, Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.