Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia (3930 Views)

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime / Kenyan Army Destroys Somalia's Al Shabaab Where US Army Was Defeated / Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
While nearly half the population of Somalia teeters at the edge of starvation, the U.S. is preventing the United Nations from delivering desperately needed food. According to documents obtained by the New York Times, the Americans demand that aid agencies guarantee that no fees are paid “at roadblocks, ports, warehouses, airfields or other transit points” controlled by Shabab resistance fighters. Since the Shabab and other militias control more than half of the area in conflict, United Nations compliance with U.S. conditions would mean starvation for about three million people.Indeed, if international aid were restricted to areas controlled by the U.S.-backed puppet regime, only a few neighborhoods in Mogadishu, the capital, would be fed.
America’s Somali puppets are incapable of even defending themselves, much less maintaining a functioning government and infrastructure. Five thousand African Union (AU) soldiers – comprised mainly of Ugandans, the U.S.’s shock troops in Africa – keep control of the airport, the regime’s main link to the outside world. According to the United Nations, AU soldiers engage in “indiscriminate shelling” of civilians.
As the Americans’ Somali puppets’ position becomes more untenable, the U.S. squeezes the UN’s food delivery system, in effect punishing the entire Somali people. U.S. food relief to the UN’s Somali operations in 2009 was only half that of 2008. In 2007, United Nations officials declared Somalia the “worst humanitarian crisis in Africa…worse than Darfur,” as a result of the U.S.-backed Ethiopian invasion in late 2006. Thus, the United States has been waging continuous war against the people of Somalia, directly or by proxy, for over three years under the guise of the “war on terror.”

http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/us-wages-food-war-against-somalia
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Beaf: 11:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yet another conspiracy theory.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
@beaf
thats your view!!
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 04, 2010
All these "Somali puppets" they keep making in quotes, make the article not credible and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Anyway, so Somalians are still begging for food?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by TayoD1(m): 5:19am On Mar 04, 2010
@topic,

The extent that people will go to discredit the US. You mean the US is to blame for spending their money to deliver food to Somalis? You mean the US is asking too much by refusing to pay bribes? It takes a level of detachment from common sense to ignore the people who refuse to allow aid to flow to their people and yet condemn those who make the effort to get the aid to them. What is this world coming to?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 7:50am On Mar 04, 2010
The extent that people will go to discredit the US. You mean the US is to blame for spending their money to deliver food to Somalis? You mean the US is asking too much by refusing to pay bribes? It takes a level of detachment from common sense to ignore the people who refuse to allow aid to flow to their people and yet condemn those who make the effort to get the aid to them. What is this world coming to?

@tayo
This is a matter of discreditation, I am only drawing people's attention to the contributing factors to the crisis in somalia. One thing you have to understand about some western nations is that they give with one hand and collect through the other. They are simply after their own personal interest.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
I still don't get why Africans try to remove themselves from blame. In the 21st century, a country still needs food aid? How long will Africans keep disgracing themselves?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
@tayo
This is a matter of discreditation, I am only drawing people's attention to the contributing factors to the crisis in somalia. One thing you have to understand about some western nations is that they give with one hand and collect through the other. They are simply after their own personal interest.

Someone is feeding you and you still claim they have personal interest. This is the height of it.

Let them withdraw their food aid and see what matters more "Personal Interest" or Starvation
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by chic2pimp(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2010
What a load of poppycocks.

This is simply a case of bitting the hands that feeds you.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2010
Someone is feeding you and you still claim they have personal interest. This is the height of it.

Let them withdraw their food aid and see what matters more "Personal Interest" or Starvation

so you sincerely think the US has the interest of somalia at heart?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by ElRazur: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2010
john_blaze:

so you sincerely think the US has the interest of somalia at heart?

So there is no oil this time, there is no energy or something that may apparently be of interest to the evil USA, so what is your point this time?

Anyone who offers help when is needed is a good person in my book. May be not in yours.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
I really tire.

US helps Somalia, It has a hidden agenda, Helps Tsunami victims in Asia- Hidden agenda, even Haiti Hidden agenda

Someone is feeding you when hunger looms and you are talking about hidden agenda
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Mariory(m): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
It's not compulsory you go to the US. If they have a hidden agenda can't you go beg for food from China? What about Iran? Russia? These countries are rich as well. So go ask them for food instead of the U.S.of.A. grin
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by dayokanu(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^ Abi? Is the US the only country with food? Why not China or Russia
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by blacksta(m): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
I suspect this John blaze is NegroNtns -

freaking anti america fantic
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by ElRazur: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2010
blacksta:

I suspect this John blaze is NegroNtns -

freaking anti america fantic

All his thread are anti-western and anti-american.

My guess? He was denied visa and as such, the western world must be evil. Ironically, he use the internet - a western invention. Gosh.

PS
If you are reading this Mr Blaze, Emagwelu never invented the internet. grin
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
America invented the internet because of their hidden agenda to steal Akpu and bitter leaf soup from Owerri
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2010
All his thread are anti-western and anti-american.

My guess? He was denied visa and as such, the western world must be evil. Ironically, he use the internet - a western invention. Gosh.

PS
If you are reading this Mr Blaze, Emagwelu never invented the internet.

@elrazur

Why do you like insulting people? Does it come natural for you? You made alot of contribution to this forum in the region of over 3000 post(and still counting), why do you choose to spend alot of your time insulting people?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by ElRazur: 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
Where is the insult?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by MandingoII(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
They are getting TIRED of paying Bribes to Somalian THUGS that block the roads so they can get the food to the starving people.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Beaf: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2010
dayokanu:

America invented the internet because of their hidden agenda to steal Akpu and bitter leaf soup from Owerri

grin grin grin grin grin
Damn!
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by bawomolo(m): 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
what happened to all the piracy loot?

make dey use am buy garri and ewa goin.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
To all my critics, I dont hate america. I love america but the only thing I dislike is their foreign policies. I believe the foreign policies have alot of negative effects on developing countries and its not only the US foreign policies I dislike I also dislike china and Russian foreign policies as well. These countries have looted and have continued to loot Africa.

I hope my position is clear!!!
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by tunnytox(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
john_blaze:

To all my critics, I dont hate america. I love america but the only thing I dislike is their foreign policies. I believe the foreign policies have alot of negative effects on developing countries and its not only the US foreign policies I dislike I also dislike china and Russian foreign policies as well. These countries have looted and have continued to loot Africa.

That's why we Africans have to take our own destiny into our hands, there are ways we can turn things around even despite all these policies you are talking about but because our leaders are selfish, greedy and self centered Africa remain in perpetual poverty. As for Somalia, these people are of the same tribe yet they are fighting each other simply because they belong to different clan, may be when hunger catch them they can confront their main enemy which is al shabab rather than fighting each other. there's always a price to pay if you want to achieve prosperity nothing comes free.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Mariory(m): 3:07am On Mar 09, 2010
john_blaze:

Your position is not clear at all and you are only fooling yourself making such a statement. From your posts in this section one can clearly see an anti-American agenda and vice versa to your lack of posts about China, Russia and, others.
But I ask you, who really gives a crap. You have no need to pretend to be "neutral". Post your anti-american comment and we discuss it if we feel like it. grin
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 8:05am On Mar 09, 2010
@mairory

Your position is not clear at all and you are only fooling yourself making such a statement. From your posts in this section one can clearly see an anti-American agenda and vice versa to your lack of posts about China, Russia and, others.
But I ask you, who really gives a crap. You have no need to pretend to be "neutral". Post your anti-american comment and we discuss it if we feel like it.

Have you seen all, I repeat all my post on nairaland?
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Busybody2(f): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ OP

Why do you think Nigeria is in a perpetual state of retrogression undecided You posted a link about the US blocking the UN from distributing food and aid and all Nigeria and its citizen could chip in is "You should thank US for providing food" As if the US is the only Country in the United Nations undecided

Quit wasting your breath and let 'em keep their head stuck in the sand, it will be a lost cause bothering to explain the ramnification of the US backed invasion of Somalia by Ethiopia, to this US-led starvation by stealth, raised by this article cool
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by ElRazur: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
Surely this is not the same busy body I know.

undecided

I will reserve my comments. wink
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Busybody2(f): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
shocked shocked shocked Elenurazor, didn't know you are back, longest time, what carried you away from NL (for want of a better word to use) Oops, sowwy i didn't see your contribution shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin   Americans and the rest of the Western hemisphere don't do free lunch  wink wink wink
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
What does US hope to gain from Somalia? Oil? What do they hope to gain from Haiti? Oil
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by Mariory(m): 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
john_blaze:

@mairory

Have you seen all, I repeat all my post on nairaland?

Please note the following of my previous post:
Mariory:

But I ask you, who really gives a crap. You have no need to pretend to be "neutral". Post your anti-american comment and we discuss it if we feel like it. grin

I have highlighted the important part.
Re: U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia by johnblaze1: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
so you havent read all my post.So dont be quick to judge!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass / Burkina Faso Insurgents Gather In Motorcycle Motorcade (video) / Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Libya Under Gaddafi’s So-called Dictatorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.