Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com (19887 Views)

Four Ways To Hack Your Neighbors Wifi Password On Android In 2021 “no Root” / How To Remove Privacy Protection Password On Itel A33, P33 And P33plus / How To Find Your Wi-fi Password On Android & IOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Abudu2000(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Y
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Kokaine(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2017
the use of pattern lock should be complex because, if i put out the light from your phone by pressing the power button, and i take the phone to a lighted area, i can still see the pattern print as lines on the screen. if its a very basic pattern like 'L' or '7' or 2 or 5, i can see it and draw it. so its either the pattern is complex or you always wipe the screen with your cloth after drawing your patterns so it cannot be traced. thank you
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by shinarlaura(f): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2017
Number 1 and 2 are the only reasons why I have a password on my phone.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by xreal: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2017
MillionDollars:
Put ur phone in your pocket without locking it, you will realize you have been registered for Jamb without knowing grin

Damn funny. grin
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nomzylicious(f): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2017
I only password my whatsapp nd Text message folder.. Nothing to hide in d rest places..
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by davibid: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages

Your password your biz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Atlantia(f): 10:29am On Sep 25, 2017
coalcoal1:
ok but I still won't lock my phone. I have nothing to hide
Did you even read the post?!
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by dust144(m): 10:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Because of your wife and side chicks
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by olatunyemi(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2017
reasons why I don't lock my phone
1 if your phone lost and the good Samaritan that see it may not be able to call any of your contact if passworded
2. in case of accident, those rescuing you may not have phone and may not have access to your phone through password

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Dbisector(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2017
why you should not password your phone.
1.to easily get access to your relatives when involve in accident
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by othzy(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2017
Harbeyg09:
Always on password since 1960
hmn!..u r sighted!!
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by ITbomb(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2017
JaffyJoe:

Why? Got some Nyomi Banxxx in the gallery? grin
Nah, to preserve battery
These kids are game freaks
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by joenor(m): 10:53am On Sep 25, 2017
The Prison when u wan enter so.... I dey even fear for u.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by joenor(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Hummm for pocket dialing... I can agree that one with you, but if not that, if the screen is lock, no need for lock code.. I don't though, so!
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Habyz(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2017
Ayam not understanding. OP is given us reasons to put passwords on our phones, nawa o. By the way who doesn't have something to hide? Keep deceiving yourselves there.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by wildchild02: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2017
very true

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by BBBlaze: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2017
mayorkun:
It is time to get rid of the notion that using a password for your devices means you have something to hide. This will help prevent sensitive data like banking and account details, social security details, corporate email information etc. from being unnecessarily compromised.

1. To Avoid Pocket Dialing

Pocket dialing, especially for smartphones and even basic phones, can be humorous or annoying, but most annoyingly because your airtime is being wasted without your knowledge. Here, a preloaded phone number can be dialed when a person has a phone in the rear pocket and sits on it, or if the phone gets ‘jostled’ in a purse or briefcase. This occurrence will be reduced, if not eliminated, if your device was locked with a passcode.

2. To Protect Your Private Information

Symantec, a leading security software maker, conducted an experiment to encourage smartphone users to protect their private information. In the experiment, a phone was loaded with fake password, banking information, emails and photos, and a tracking software was installed on it to monitor what people will do with the phone when found. At the end of the experiment, the result showed 72 per cent looked through photos, 57 per cent checked out saved passwords and 43 per cent accessed the phone’s online banking app.

3. To Prevent Unwanted Prying Into Your Business

This goes without saying. Nosy friends, partners or family members who want to know about ‘every and anything’ you are doing, will have a field day with your ‘password – unprotected’ device. To protect your privacy and avoid unbelievably embarrassing and awkward scenarios, it’s best to password your device and encourage these friends, partners or family members to simply ask you questions about whatever they want to know.

4. To Monitor Others’ Use of Your Device

This is important especially if you have children that like to play with your devices. In the process of moving from one game app to another, children can keep your device running without rest till your battery runs down, regardless of the power situation. Also, without a password, a child can easily pick up your device and while looking for their favourite app, mistakenly rearrange, hide or delete sensitive information on your phone.

5. In Case of Theft

Theft is a sudden and unexpected occurrence. You don’t exactly see it coming. In the case of the theft of your device, it will be better for you if there is a security lock on your device. This is because it gives you some time to inform your bank and other relevant institutions about the theft, before the thief is able to use personal data gotten from your device(s) against you. For some devices like the iPhone, once your device is stolen and it’s password-protected, it’s easier to remotely lock and wipe it.

Source; http://www.techknowng.com/2017/09/why-you-should-put-password-on-your.html?m=1

What app is best for locking of data and app(s) in andriod phones?
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by ahamonyeka(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2017
This topic reminds me of what happen on saturday morning when it was raining and there was cold so,I decided to text my girl friend living on the next street to mine not knowing she was not with her phone while washing outside.after texing her I did not get any reply from her I tried to ring her and the my call was busied I never knew the mother was with her phone reading the message. This is what I text her and the reply I got.

ME: How are you this morning don't you need it? it's cold.

THE MOTHER: you are stupid why are you calling me?

I was surprise that this girl can never send me this but, on the other hand I was thinking it was her younger sister that could do this but,I said no she can't after sometime I saw her moms number calling me but I did not pick.after 5minute she ran to my house laughing that her mom saw the text and was asking her who I am she told her is her course mate at school.

So she apologized that I should not be angry about her Mom's text.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2017
coalcoal1:
ok but I still won't lock my phone. I have nothing to hide

my dads phone and atm was stolen on Friday if not for d password they wud get his bvn and take all his money from two bank accts

wait till ur phone is stolen u wud know whatsup
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by babyfaceafrica: 11:30am On Sep 25, 2017
Only cheats and insecure people lock phone
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2017
adepeter2027:
Only ya 1st point made lots of sense.
Yà last point is arrant bvllsh!t
Wipe factory setting gonna make it simple.
O
when I root ur phone,I can recover whatever bull shit u saved on ur phone.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by tosyne2much(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2017
Locking of phones also have a devastating consequences in emergency cases.
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by 2shure: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Fear of sars
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by harriet412(f): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Well, there's always password on my phone cos the last time I removed it, my phone got stolen the next day. I keep blaming myself for the missing phone, although I know the password had nothing to do with the missing phone... angry
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by ImaIma1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
I don't like passwords. Too impatient to unlock my phone everytime i wanna use it.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
adepeter2027:
Only ya 1st point made lots of sense.

Yà last point is arrant bvllsh!t

Wipe factory setting gonna make it simple.

O

It stil make sense, because to me. its backing up other listed point..
if ur phone is stoling, d person wont av acess to ur phone unless he flashes it. on d course of doing dat, all documents will be cleared off and den u are on a safe side.
Op still make sense
Re: Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com by JaffyJoe(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
ITbomb:

Nah, to preserve battery
These kids are game freaks

Yeah, necessary in such scenarios.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self / Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.