Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Am Confused! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Confused! (1099 Views)

I Am Confused As A Father And As Husband / My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused! by Malc(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2017
Good morning nairalanders, I am Malc by name.

I am sorry to bore you with a little bit of an issue i and my siblings seem to have.

I hail from SE nigeria (where most of you refer to as the biafran enclave). I with all my siblings were born around lagos, been around lag for about 75% of my life.

Here is why i wrote this piece. I and my siblings find it difficult to speak our dialect i.e igbo also(yoruba #Birthdialect) but we understand 70% or more of both languages. Anytime we try speaking it, it doesn't seem to work speechwise and i think it a problem in a setting as Nigeria where...

I would like to know if someone here has sometime had an issue like this and how he/she managed to change it.
Re: I Am Confused! by paiz: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2017
hmm
Re: I Am Confused! by Slimzjoe(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2017
The solution is to start speaking irrespective of mistakes you might make...you'll get the hang of it in a long run

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused! by Homeboiy: 7:49am On Sep 25, 2017
Go back to east and learn it

Especially obiagu, Nsk nwanne u go learn am learn street slangs join am

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by abescom: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2017
It is a Nigeria factor. In fact an Africa factor. We are losing our identity to the western world.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by TheArchangel(f): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2017
Start watching African magic Igbo

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused! by Malc(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Slimzjoe:
The solution is to start speaking irrespective of mistakes you might make...you'll get the hang of it in a long run

I think i did opt for this.. thanks!
Re: I Am Confused! by Malc(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
TheArchangel:
Start watching African magic Igbo

This one act i dislike with great passion - watching #nollywood
Re: I Am Confused! by Abiagirl777(f): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Malc:

This one act i dislike with great passion - watching #nollywood
seems you had your mind already made up before coming to ask questions.
Re: I Am Confused! by Malc(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Abiagirl777:

seems you had your mind already made up before coming to ask questions.

I am sorry, you guessed wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!! My Brother Inlaw Is About To Crash My Marriage / Cost Of Benin Traditional Wedding? / "Makeup Artiste" Husband Drew This Eyebrow For His Wife (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.